I think im done with this game.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Formosa

Re: I think im done with this game.

Postby Formosa » 01 August 2016, 14:20

Bosie wrote:
Formosa wrote:
Bosie wrote:
So you've played this for hundreds of hours then you say that you consider the game a failure...

that's because it is, yes they have my money, but they wont be getting anymore, that means its a failure, it also means that any future sequel will be looked over by myself and my friends, but by far the worst failure of this game is the devs utter refusal to take feedback, time and time again people are posting the same things, be that larger games (which we know can be done due to the mod), dropping renown in MP, Tac cog in ranked etc.

add to that the repetitive gameplay, the bad missions (which people have been asking to sort out since pre release) on and on it goes, so how long must I tolerate bad game design?

so yes, even after so much time sunk into this game, I consider it a failure.

The devs posted that larger games were not being implemented due to potential net code issues. I would like to see games where you can field 1,000+ points.

They did listen to us about holo fields and pulsars.

They did listen to us about space marine chapters.

The did listen to us about renown free MP games (check out ranked play).

They did listen to us about bad missions (data/assassination/station).

There are other things that need looking at, who says they aren't?

As to repetitive game play, what do you expect from an RTS set in space using only three dimensions?

You've spent £30.00 for several hundred hours. At worst this entertainment has cost you £0.15 per hour.

1: the mod has increased points allowances, showing that it can be done.
2: They did listen on holo fields, the did not listen on pulsars, they are still not regular lances with a % to hit more often.
3: They did not listen to us on space marine chapters, this was clearly already going to be implemented, so its a good design choice.
4: they did not listen to us on about renown as MP ranked still has renown, we (as in those of us that agree)wanted renown gone from MP, its not needed, its a single player mechanic, and a good one for that.
5: they have not listened to us about missions, as these missions are still one sided affairs, unless lucky, space station assault still has full fleet + station vs just a fleet, we wanted a slight tweak in favour of defence, not massive advantage, also rams still mess up the station, I could go on about the others but the issues are well known.
6: yes there are other things to look at, sadly the other things also include issues they should have solved by now, or issues they have caused by not listening to the player base.
7: I expect more depth to the game, for example, I play Epic Armageddon, worse graphics etc. by far, and it has a lot more depth.
8: its not all about money, its about longevity and enjoyment, yes the company has my money, but will they have any more? not very likely, not unless the devs change direction, were it just myself, I could understand, however people are dropping this game like an old habit.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 01 August 2016, 14:35

we (as in those of us that agree)wanted renown gone from MP, its not needed, its a single player mechanic, and a good one for that.

the important part of that sentence is "those of us that agree" as in "my opinion of balance is way more important than other peoples"

i love the renown balance of ranked, it makes you make macro decisions because you dont have the renown to field a fully upgraded fleet in every mission, making losses during one of the missions relevant, making it possible to, instead of going for the win in the first mission, you could go for killing your opponents best ships in the first mission crippling his fleet for the next engagement

which ads a lot of depth and replayability, but i guess you are so busy complaining that you havnt even considered that

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 01 August 2016, 14:48

Formosa wrote:
Bosie wrote:
Formosa wrote:

that's because it is, yes they have my money, but they wont be getting anymore, that means its a failure, it also means that any future sequel will be looked over by myself and my friends, but by far the worst failure of this game is the devs utter refusal to take feedback, time and time again people are posting the same things, be that larger games (which we know can be done due to the mod), dropping renown in MP, Tac cog in ranked etc.

add to that the repetitive gameplay, the bad missions (which people have been asking to sort out since pre release) on and on it goes, so how long must I tolerate bad game design?

so yes, even after so much time sunk into this game, I consider it a failure.

The devs posted that larger games were not being implemented due to potential net code issues. I would like to see games where you can field 1,000+ points.

They did listen to us about holo fields and pulsars.

They did listen to us about space marine chapters.

The did listen to us about renown free MP games (check out ranked play).

They did listen to us about bad missions (data/assassination/station).

There are other things that need looking at, who says they aren't?

As to repetitive game play, what do you expect from an RTS set in space using only three dimensions?

You've spent £30.00 for several hundred hours. At worst this entertainment has cost you £0.15 per hour.

1: the mod has increased points allowances, showing that it can be done.
2: They did listen on holo fields, the did not listen on pulsars, they are still not regular lances with a % to hit more often.
3: They did not listen to us on space marine chapters, this was clearly already going to be implemented, so its a good design choice.
4: they did not listen to us on about renown as MP ranked still has renown, we (as in those of us that agree)wanted renown gone from MP, its not needed, its a single player mechanic, and a good one for that.
5: they have not listened to us about missions, as these missions are still one sided affairs, unless lucky, space station assault still has full fleet + station vs just a fleet, we wanted a slight tweak in favour of defence, not massive advantage, also rams still mess up the station, I could go on about the others but the issues are well known.
6: yes there are other things to look at, sadly the other things also include issues they should have solved by now, or issues they have caused by not listening to the player base.
7: I expect more depth to the game, for example, I play Epic Armageddon, worse graphics etc. by far, and it has a lot more depth.
8: its not all about money, its about longevity and enjoyment, yes the company has my money, but will they have any more? not very likely, not unless the devs change direction, were it just myself, I could understand, however people are dropping this game like an old habit.

1: They can increase the points, and in the past it was higher. They've set it the way it is for net-code. We don't have the metrics to see the impact of an increase, the devs do.

2: They changed pulsars, might not be what either you, me or the vocal majority want, but they did change them.

4: I disagree, they listened in part. We now no longer have leveling or ship losses in ranked. We have renown to build our fleet, just like points, and can switch powers etc at a whim. We could not before.

5: There are still issues, but they have made changes and no doubt will make more.

6: As neither of us wrote this game we don't know what should have been fixed as we don't know the scale or impact to the code of making the change(s). Sometimes, quite often, it's best to ignore the players.

7: This is Battlefleet Gothic with added things such as skills and upgrades. All things that are lacking in the original board game. Could they add more, probably. Should they add more, I don't know.

8: You can't please all the people. The game may never go in the direction you want, but is going in the direction other players want.

Badman

Postby Badman » 02 August 2016, 02:49

As a IN i was not able to upgrade fully 4 of my ships even for one battle. Stupid mechanic. Its already decision witch upgrades/skills to choose.

But hey. Got 70 hours in game and i buy it (and dlc) in promotion so it was not bad deal. Now im playing ai war fleet because that the type of game i wanna play now. But HEY after year or so i check back battlefleet gothic and maybe it will be refreshed.

Good idea for devs it will be include skins for ships (for $$) like skins for weapons in cs:go (players can made them).
I know every single player oppose now. The thing is its gives money to programmers when people buying. And people will buy if game will be good. Think about it. There already implemented skins mechanic in game and in steam.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 02 August 2016, 10:10

Not sure I like the idea to pay for skins that do nothing. If I pay for in game items they better be pay to win.

Mind, new races are the most wanted thing, and they still got the Necrons and Tyranids to do after the Tau. So I doubt they'll have problems with making new DLC content.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 02 August 2016, 11:22

I'm the other way. Pay for cosmetics or early access bit not to win.

JorpA

Postby JorpA » 02 August 2016, 11:34

Imperator5 wrote:Not sure I like the idea to pay for skins that do nothing. If I pay for in game items they better be pay to win.

Mind, new races are the most wanted thing, and they still got the Necrons and Tyranids to do after the Tau. So I doubt they'll have problems with making new DLC content.

Wow i have never met person who actually want pay to win stuff on games rather than pay for cosmetic stuff only. But it seems that there is this kind of ppl too. I think pay 2 win stuff destroys games no matter what the game is.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 02 August 2016, 15:41

JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Not sure I like the idea to pay for skins that do nothing. If I pay for in game items they better be pay to win.

Wow i have never met person who actually want pay to win stuff on games rather than pay for cosmetic stuff only. But it seems that there is this kind of ppl too. I think pay 2 win stuff destroys games no matter what the game is.

I did play a few games which had pay to win and they seemed to have no problems at all. Mind one was an MMO and the other a flight simulator. So what you think does not match anything in reality.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Badman

Postby Badman » 02 August 2016, 19:18

LoL pay to win in any rts its like shoot to the foot with RPG :D

Soulequilibrium

Postby Soulequilibrium » 02 August 2016, 20:29

The game certainly is not perfect, especially not in the multiplayer area, but apparently good enough to keep you playing for many hours. You're still here months after launch.

So not a failure then.

I get it, you're disgruntled that the devs have seemed unresponsive to the issues that concern you the most and this has put you in a position where you are unwilling to further engage in purchasing their products, and there is nothing wrong with informing them of that since they can use it as feedback.

But you can also do that without calling their game a failure, and being a little more respectful. These are people you are talking to who most certainly do read the forums. Most of them have worked their fingers to the bone on this game. Heck you said you enjoyed hundreds of hours in this game, if anything you should be thanking them along with providing feedback.

I'm responding to this thread but it applies to all similar ones really. Devs aren't out to personally slight you by not making the game exactly as you hoped it would be. There is no reason to say they failed, or that their game sucks, or that they don't care or whatever insult people come up with. Be decent about it and then the devs have you to thank, for you provided potentially useful feedback free of charge in a civil manner.

Regarding the subject of selling skins, such methods are consumer unfriendly. You get very little for your money and it shifts the focus from selling quality gameplay to selling graphical assets for the developer and publisher. As we are the consumers I would say it is unwise to propagate the idea.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”