Why is Tac Cog in Ranked?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Why is Tac Cog in Ranked?

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 14 August 2016, 14:27

JorpA wrote:Ou no no no im not asking to remove countering im asking to make it harder its too easy with TC. Torpedos are not magical win button lol and would not be that without TC eighter. Taking torpedos to face aint good for you but you deserve that if you drive yourself in that kind a position. TC makes counterplay too easy and for torpedos you have hard counter too so why do you so desperately need TC unless its the lack off skill. Beautifull countermove ballet that BFGA is. Is best at constant steady speed without slowmotion parts.

Being able to use tac cog efficiently, at the right time for the right ship is also a skill, ba dum tsss! And since it's a part of the game, it also contributes to BGA "skill".
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 August 2016, 15:40

I apologize, but its now a grand number of 3 people who dislike tac cog. Sorry for the CWCism but sarcasm required it.

Two types of people post on forums. Ones who hate something, and ones who love something. The neutral people who don't give a crap just don't care to post their opinion, since they don't give a crap.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

JorpA

Postby JorpA » 14 August 2016, 18:03

Imperator5 wrote:I apologize, but its now a grand number of 3 people who dislike tac cog. Sorry for the CWCism but sarcasm required it.

Two types of people post on forums. Ones who hate something, and ones who love something. The neutral people who don't give a crap just don't care to post their opinion, since they don't give a crap.

Yeah sure if 3ppl write about it on forums that's everyone who has that opinion. Yeaap... There is no point arguing this shit with you ignorant guys.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 August 2016, 18:10

JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I apologize, but its now a grand number of 3 people who dislike tac cog. Sorry for the CWCism but sarcasm required it.

Yeah sure if 3ppl write about it on forums that's everyone who has that opinion. Yeaap... There is no point arguing this shit with you ignorant guys.

Well if they have that opinion, they would have made it felt. So I'm pretty sure their opinion is "no shits given" . You can't do logic pretty well can you?

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 14 August 2016, 19:09

It's good to know that you know why people don't post on the forum. I'd like to see the research you did to find this out, and what else your research found out.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 August 2016, 21:42

Bosie wrote:

It's good to know that you know why people don't post on the forum. I'd like to see the research you did to find this out, and what else your research found out.

I do not need research to see the blatantly obvious. Its called common sense. Look it up.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 15 August 2016, 00:19

Ashardalon wrote:
JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Than why do you REEEE about it "ITS RTS IT CANT HAVE SLOWMOTION CHANGE IT NOW NOW NOW NOW!" like its about Sonichu having blue arms? That even sinks your "Its an RTS and I'm an RTS purist" angle.

Basically, this whole thread is about you disliking something that everybody else likes. I mean, are you running an experiment with futile arguments or something for the sake of science? If you do, I commend the curiosity of your spirit :D

He probably ment that as long as there is TC in ranked BFGA is not real RTS. Which is true actually since its not real time.

What comes to that second redicilous comment of yours. Why do you think that majority of players like TC let me burst that bubble for you. Its minority who likes it. Do a quick gallup while playing ranked and ask your enemy about TC and see yourself. Ou but i forgot you dont even play the game mode we are speaking about here. What about if you go to singleplayer thread or make one if there isnt to shout how good mechanic TC is for killing bots that's what you play afterall right. So dont comment on things you have no clue about.

i play ranked and have never heard anyone complain about it during a match, everybody uses it so it would be pretty hypocritical?

but here is the thing ranked is a compettitive mode of the game
and in my opinion the people who are best at the game should win and get a higher ranking
in your opinion the people who are best at the game once you remove taccog should win and get a higher ranking

why remove a part of the game?
just so myname doesnt have to use taccog and dodge those torpedos instead of taking them to the face?

but opinions differ, either side claiming to have some kind of majority thing is silly
i have used it once this month, i can live without, but you are asking to removing a part of the game and making the depth shallow enough to make taking torpedoes to the face acceptable

I can dodge torps without the use of TC Fun fact for you. ; D The scenario I described with effortless counter maneuvers was an example of why TC is forgiving. You guys missed that detail completely though.

On another note TC waters the "RT" of the RTS down. You think TC adds depth. I think it makes the core aspects of an RTS shallow.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 15 August 2016, 00:34

:shock:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
JorpA wrote:Ou no no no im not asking to remove countering im asking to make it harder its too easy with TC. Torpedos are not magical win button lol and would not be that without TC eighter. Taking torpedos to face aint good for you but you deserve that if you drive yourself in that kind a position. TC makes counterplay too easy and for torpedos you have hard counter too so why do you so desperately need TC unless its the lack off skill. Beautifull countermove ballet that BFGA is. Is best at constant steady speed without slowmotion parts.

Being able to use tac cog efficiently, at the right time for the right ship is also a skill, ba dum tsss! And since it's a part of the game, it also contributes to BGA "skill".

The window in which you can activate TC (anytime for the right time) makes it require no skill. It would need a CD timer, limited use and short timer for it to be called something that requires "skill" badumm TSS. You make this too easy. NEXT please.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 15 August 2016, 01:12

MYNAME? wrote::shock:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

The window in which you can activate TC (anytime for the right time) makes it require no skill. It would need a CD timer, limited use and short timer for it to be called something that requires "skill" badumm TSS. You make this too easy. NEXT please.

Can you say anything new, or are you just repeating yourself? Oh guess it is the latter. Why not put a link to your previous posts? It is getting boring you know.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 15 August 2016, 02:08

MYNAME? wrote::shock:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

There is a limited amount of tac cog you can use so you can't just go around slowing time every second. You need to have enough tactical sense to use the resource sparingly, which IS most certainly a skill. I acknowledge arguments that it does make the game easier but you're pushing it to the region of "no skill" whatsoever. You're sounding like a desperate hater instead of someone using logic.

Oh and by the way, now that I think about it BGA indeed is not an RTS, since assault actions work immediately instead of taking some time for your troops to accomplish their objectives or die out. Not to mention combat takes plays at reduced distance. So yeah, BGA is not an RTS, mechanics has been warped for the sake of gameplay. Which means that time slow is a perfectly legitimate part of the game. If you want to play an RTS with no time slow, go play some RTS that doesn't have time slow, not BGA. Or at least don't play ranked if you don't like it. Balance and fixes are in order, but when it comes to competition you have to adjust to game's terms, not game to yours just because you don't like one of its vital parts.

NEXT please
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”