Development Q&A

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Development Q&A

Postby CALiGeR190 » 13 July 2016, 09:18

I know I'm a mod and not a Dev, but I frequently see people voicing concerns over the silence and apparent inactivity from the Devs.
That's why I've stepped in to recieve your questions.

Anything you ask I will attempt to answer to the best of my ability or forward to the relavent person.

I'll start by saying the next patch should appear in the coming weeks (can't give you an exact date, nobody is quite sure when it'll be ready): 2 or 3 weeks is my best guess.

Next 'big' thing you will see is a ranked mode and global leaderboard.

Any further questions: please voice them here.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Zargor

Re: Development Q&A

Postby Zargor » 13 July 2016, 11:37

Are there further balance changes (especially the overperforming Zzaps and underperforming Kannons) expected for the Orks and on what time scale?

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 13 July 2016, 11:50

Zargor wrote:Are there further balance changes (especially the overperforming Zzaps and underperforming Kannons) expected for the Orks and on what time scale?

If you mean 'will there be balance changes' by 'further balance' then yes, constantly, it's ongoing.

As for Zzaps and Kannons specifically: nothing planned for Kannons, but Zzaps have a change next patch.
Damage nerf for Zzaps.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 15 July 2016, 15:42

Hey Cal. Glad to see you are here as a moderator for these forums. Your play style is high rise - vertical to a flat top. Hard up and hard top. Myself I am pyramidal, broad and easy and build up to hard top. WOW used that formula to get 10-20 million players for years. Altho BFG:A is an (RTS?) it has RPG elements. We players strongly identify with our ships since the 'Admirals' are just (ugly) pictures and numbers. Not turn based of course and with on-line MP. As stated, a mixture.

My question is...how is that new system working out? The advertising plus an already made player base from the older crowd who played the TT was good for original sales and the graphics boosted that greatly. How about now? Are the devs and Tindalos satisfied with the progress and unit sales (I know for certain they can't release actual figures - a sin in corporate structure)? In your opinion, are we getting and gaining any new players to compensate for those who might be leaving? Do the devs know why people are leaving the game?

Questions about in-game structural elements will be coming by the truckload, indeed, have already been posted repeatedly. From missions structures to individual weapons performance. Those I avoid here. Anyway, glad to see a level headed and dedicated BFG player helping us here in onlineland. Ah....good luck my friend!

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 15 July 2016, 16:14

CALiGeR190 wrote:I know I'm a mod and not a Dev, but I frequently see people voicing concerns over the silence and apparent inactivity from the Devs.
That's why I've stepped in to recieve your questions.

Anything you ask I will attempt to answer to the best of my ability or forward to the relavent person.

I'll start by saying the next patch should appear in the coming weeks (can't give you an exact date, nobody is quite sure when it'll be ready): 2 or 3 weeks is my best guess.

Next 'big' thing you will see is a ranked mode and global leaderboard.

Any further questions: please voice them here.

damn 3 weeks of unplayable (boring) and nigh unbeatable orks is a pretty long time guess im gonna keep playing DOW and TW WH. I might check out the veratim mod though. looks promising.

Question. Will Color finally be added in the next patch? (took way to long for what seems a simple feature)

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 15 July 2016, 16:35

MYNAME? wrote:damn 3 weeks of unplayable (boring) and nigh unbeatable orks is a pretty long time guess im gonna keep playing DOW and TW WH. I might check out the veratim mod though. looks promising.

Question. Will Color finally be added in the next patch? (took way to long for what seems a simple feature)

The VI mod is awesome! Search me up on steam if you want an MP or custom game in it, it adds so much to the IN fleet it's practically a whole new faction.

As for the colour scheme thing, I think its been discontinued for the time being.
I'll double check though.
EDIT: It's actually still coming, it's just taking a while.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 15 July 2016, 17:02

Drakausa wrote:Hey Cal. Glad to see you are here as a moderator for these forums. Your play style is high rise - vertical to a flat top. Hard up and hard top. Myself I am pyramidal, broad and easy and build up to hard top. WOW used that formula to get 10-20 million players for years. Altho BFG:A is an (RTS?) it has RPG elements. We players strongly identify with our ships since the 'Admirals' are just (ugly) pictures and numbers. Not turn based of course and with on-line MP. As stated, a mixture.

My question is...how is that new system working out? The advertising plus an already made player base from the older crowd who played the TT was good for original sales and the graphics boosted that greatly. How about now? Are the devs and Tindalos satisfied with the progress and unit sales (I know for certain they can't release actual figures - a sin in corporate structure)? In your opinion, are we getting and gaining any new players to compensate for those who might be leaving? Do the devs know why people are leaving the game?

Questions about in-game structural elements will be coming by the truckload, indeed, have already been posted repeatedly. From missions structures to individual weapons performance. Those I avoid here. Anyway, glad to see a level headed and dedicated BFG player helping us here in onlineland. Ah....good luck my friend!

Not going to lie, first half of your question I didn't understand at all. Something to do with sales? Developer satisfaction with the product? If so I'd say both are somewhere between satisfactory and exceeding initial expectations.

Second half: I feel the game is largely stagnant as it is. People will come and go and steady enough rates that the fan base will remain modest/small, but never dissolve into nothing, its one of the those games that never hits big but sticks around a looooong time. I imagine as more mods show up (which they inevitably will) that'll only be more true.
As for the devs about people leaving the game? No clue, and it's non of my business anyway. I tend to avoid accusatory and semi-accusatory questions wherever possible.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 15 July 2016, 17:15

As the develoment road map is now quite done, can we have a new updated one?
Repent, for tomorrow you die

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 15 July 2016, 17:34

Beernchips wrote:As the develoment road map is now quite done, can we have a new updated one?

There will be an update after next patch.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

sjaugust1

Postby sjaugust1 » 16 July 2016, 02:40

Any news on more multiplayer focused game modes? Will we see a horde mode? Multiplayer campaign both co-op and pvp? Bigger fleet allowance in 2v2? Nids and necrons going to be playable? More ships/weapons/ skills/upgrades/variety for existing factions?

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”