Development Q&A

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bludfist

Re: Development Q&A

Postby Bludfist » 13 October 2016, 14:17

CALiGeR190 wrote:Orks are already being addressed by the mod I'm helping to develop.
Full list of changes will be posted once agreed on but one primary change was to half the damage of all Ork weapons but double the rate of fire. Effectively increasing hit chances across the board. There also plans to add a few new ships to the Ork roster that use new or different weapon systems, details still not determined.

I thought that piston miner didnt have time and their were issues with it like chaos ships and what not?

At the end of the day though

we the playerbase should not have to rely on mods for viable factions/game balance
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 13 October 2016, 15:06

Bludfist wrote:I thought that piston miner didnt have time and their were issues with it like chaos ships and what not?

At the end of the day though

we the playerbase should not have to rely on mods for viable factions/game balance

The mod has slowed to a crawl in development cos of Piston Miner's time constraints, but that doesn't mean its stopped completely... Well maybe its stopped for Chaos just cos its so freaking difficult, but not completely.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 13 October 2016, 16:00

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Pleb Squasher wrote:Hey there, just tagging you here as there's a thread I'd like you devs to take a look at on behalf of the community if possible.
The thread is titled 'Making Orks Viable' it's just a compilation of ideas I developed with help from a few friends that we thought would help you guys balance out Orks a bit better.
We just want BFG to be fun for players of all factions and Orks have been really hurting for a long time, hopefully you like some of the ideas.

Orks are already being addressed by the mod I'm helping to develop.
Full list of changes will be posted once agreed on but one primary change was to half the damage of all Ork weapons but double the rate of fire. Effectively increasing hit chances across the board. There also plans to add a few new ships to the Ork roster that use new or different weapon systems, details still not determined.

That's great for those who want the mod. For the rest of us it would be nice for a Dev to step in and give us a roadmap of what is going on!

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 15 October 2016, 10:38

Bosie wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:
Pleb Squasher wrote:Hey there, just tagging you here as there's a thread I'd like you devs to take a look at on behalf of the community if possible.
The thread is titled 'Making Orks Viable' it's just a compilation of ideas I developed with help from a few friends that we thought would help you guys balance out Orks a bit better.
We just want BFG to be fun for players of all factions and Orks have been really hurting for a long time, hopefully you like some of the ideas.

Orks are already being addressed by the mod I'm helping to develop.

That's great for those who want the mod. For the rest of us it would be nice for a Dev to step in and give us a roadmap of what is going on!

Unfortunately I have to agree. A mod is not really a good solution for me, partly because it means an even smaller player base.
I also would rather stick to the vanilla version of the game as when the devs do get balance right, they do it quite well. Mods on the other hand are a little more unpredictable and mod development is the same.

Leomark

Postby Leomark » 13 November 2016, 02:32

Does anyone have a indication on the implementation of the 12 skills that are still locked? I've been playing since the beta and these skills for ships are yet to be unlocked. I'm willing to bet these 12 skills will radically change the balance of the game and as such they have to be pre-balanced somewhat before they release the skills. If it makes it any easier I would suggest maybe 2-4 at a time so as to not break the games delicate balance.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”