COMMUNICATION ??? / So a single Korean has killed off Tindalos ??

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Drakausa

Re: So a single Korean has killed off Tindalos ??

Postby Drakausa » 20 July 2016, 13:20

aprg wrote:
Maxajax wrote:Thing is, you're never going to have perfect balance outside of chess.

And even then, the only reason chess matches are "balanced" is because they consist of two games, with both players alternating black and white.

The reason chess is balanced is because the two sides have the SAME number and power of the pieces. This leaves the player skill to determine outcome. BFG:ARMADA does not even come close to this, in any way, form or fashion. The Devs stated plainly that 'balance' was not a factor in design or execution. They stated that they were 'unconcerned about balance'.

Maxajax

Postby Maxajax » 20 July 2016, 14:46

Drakausa wrote:
aprg wrote:
Maxajax wrote:Thing is, you're never going to have perfect balance outside of chess.

And even then, the only reason chess matches are "balanced" is because they consist of two games, with both players alternating black and white.

The reason chess is balanced is because the two sides have the SAME number and power of the pieces. This leaves the player skill to determine outcome. BFG:ARMADA does not even come close to this, in any way, form or fashion. The Devs stated plainly that 'balance' was not a factor in design or execution. They stated that they were 'unconcerned about balance'.

Excellent, then the devs and I are on the same page. If I wanted balance instead of a good number of varied factions I'd be playing the aforementioned chess.

ApostleOfExcess

Postby ApostleOfExcess » 21 July 2016, 02:27

Maxajax wrote:
Drakausa wrote:
aprg wrote:

Excellent, then the devs and I are on the same page. If I wanted balance instead of a good number of varied factions I'd be playing the aforementioned chess.

That's great! That means this game will have a maximum player capacity of ~2,000, and then completely die within a year.

If a faction is objectively worthless, and is always beaten by another faction, nobody plays as this faction. I am honestly stunned anyone thinks this way.

In a video game, gameplay should trump lore and realism, 100% of the time. Every deviation from this has resulted in a failed game.

Maxajax

Postby Maxajax » 25 July 2016, 23:35

ApostleOfExcess wrote:
Maxajax wrote:
Drakausa wrote:

That's great! That means this game will have a maximum player capacity of ~2,000, and then completely die within a year.

If a faction is objectively worthless, and is always beaten by another faction, nobody plays as this faction. I am honestly stunned anyone thinks this way.

In a video game, gameplay should trump lore and realism, 100% of the time. Every deviation from this has resulted in a failed game.

If a faction loses every time, it gets buffed until it is competitive. Right now the game doesn't have any.

If this game prioritized Lore over the Game, then boarding pods flying into an engine wouldn't be doing so well, would they? The gameplay is not the problem. What I consider a problem at the moment is the DPS of Pulsars, and the attitude of players. A lot of people make mistakes in multiplayer. They do not notice these mistakes. They get mad. Denial's a normal human response when stuff goes wrong, but sometimes they'll take their salt to the forums.

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 27 July 2016, 05:10

Maxajax wrote:
ApostleOfExcess wrote:
Maxajax wrote:Excellent, then the devs and I are on the same page. If I wanted balance instead of a good number of varied factions I'd be playing the aforementioned chess.

If a faction loses every time, it gets buffed until it is competitive. Right now the game doesn't have any.

If this game prioritized Lore over the Game, then boarding pods flying into an engine wouldn't be doing so well, would they? The gameplay is not the problem. What I consider a problem at the moment is the DPS of Pulsars, and the attitude of players. A lot of people make mistakes in multiplayer. They do not notice these mistakes. They get mad. Denial's a normal human response when stuff goes wrong, but sometimes they'll take their salt to the forums.

So what you are saying is that the only problems, design wise, is with the players. We are just in denial and the game is fine with its design philosophy and production. We are at fault for our attitudes. I honestly believe that the word 'denial' is very applicable but perhaps not to those you mention.

Maxajax

Postby Maxajax » 04 August 2016, 15:40

Drakausa wrote:
Maxajax wrote:
ApostleOfExcess wrote:That's great! That means this game will have a maximum player capacity of ~2,000, and then completely die within a year.

So what you are saying is that the only problems, design wise, is with the players. We are just in denial and the game is fine with its design philosophy and production. We are at fault for our attitudes. I honestly believe that the word 'denial' is very applicable but perhaps not to those you mention.

Perhaps I was not direct enough. I am saying that:
- The game is in a playable state. There are no major game-breaking bugs.
- The game is enjoyable.
- I strongly believe that most of the crying about shitty balance comes from people who need to hush and git gud.
- The development team behind the game will continue to introduce content, fix bugs and release balance patches until the majority of the playerbase is satisfied.
- It is foolish to expect that a game will be perfect upon release. The game was released on the 21st of April, 2016. Take it from me when I say that the game in it's current state is a massive improvement to the pre-release multiplayer gameplay. Personally I will not make a final judgment on the game's state until the 21st of April, 2017.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 04 August 2016, 16:25

Maxajax wrote:Perhaps I was not direct enough. I am saying that:
- The game is enjoyable.
- I strongly believe that most of the crying about shitty balance comes from people who need to hush and git gud.
- The development team behind the game will continue to introduce content, fix bugs and release balance patches until the majority of the playerbase is satisfied.
- It is foolish to expect that a game will be perfect upon release. The game was released on the 21st of April, 2016. Take it from me when I say that the game in it's current state is a massive improvement to the pre-release multiplayer gameplay. Personally I will not make a final judgment on the game's state until the 21st of April, 2017.

It dosnt matter is your game is in a "playable state" if you only average 500 players daily

the game is enjoyable for you perhaps but not for others, as ive stated before, i can personally attest to knowing people whom have quit this game because of the awful new player experience, the pointless renown grind and being matched up vs much higher level admirals among other things is why this game has such a hard time attracting and retaining new players and even then the end game gets boring after a while, i barely play BFG:A anymore

the many balance complaints in this game are valid and ligitmate the mass Zzzaps bs from orks was a legitimate complaint along with their limited 1 dimensional, limited playstyle, and before that the brokeness of eldar pulsars that alone took so long for the devs to respond to that resulted in a massive plummet in the playerbase

You can...not expect a game to be in a good state of balance on release but considering that we all precipitated, orks and eldar should have been in a much better state that they were in furthermore i do expect more communication and horrible balance issues like eldar pulsars being addressed much much sooner

I dont think we have all the time in the world till 2017 to look at the state of this game, this game is suffering from low player population and some dlc faction isnt going to change that as we saw with the SM release
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 04 August 2016, 21:53

Maxajax wrote:
Drakausa wrote:
Maxajax wrote:If a faction loses every time, it gets buffed until it is competitive. Right now the game doesn't have any.

Perhaps I was not direct enough. I am saying that:
- The game is enjoyable.

How's this for game breaking http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22400

Ashardalon

Re: COMMUNICATION ??? / So a single Korean has killed off Tindalos ??

Postby Ashardalon » 04 August 2016, 22:12

they are aware , its even in the patch notes, things take time to fix
i get it its a very bad bug, it definitely had me freaking out for a while
making mistakes is human

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”