COMMUNICATION ??? / So a single Korean has killed off Tindalos ??

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Sagranda

Re: So a single Korean has killed off Tindalos ??

Postby Sagranda » 16 July 2016, 11:45

Bonger_Bob wrote:[
You are unfortunately battling on 2 fronts ( 3 if you include the spammer ) with the bad rep from your abandoned title Etherium, which is compounded by further waves of silence and minimal posts, and a game that is still stuck with huge balance issues on multiple fronts.

Stellar Impact doesn't have a good reputation either.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Maxajax

Postby Maxajax » 16 July 2016, 14:51

ApostleOfExcess wrote:
Bonger_Bob wrote:with the bad rep from your abandoned title Etherium,

Wow, I just looked that game up.

Please, please don't let this game die the same death. Warhammer 40k has so many unbalanced games that die like this. I just want one, one unquestionably good warhammer game. And this came close.

Which makes it even worse.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade is still out there. Thing is, you're never going to have perfect balance outside of chess. WH40k has always been a game with extremely varied factions. My armoured regiments with infantry support in the tabletop always annihilated the Tyranids, but that does not mean that I'd also have an easy time against the Tau. You also have to take into account that ships that are level 1 will be entirely different beasties when compared to the same ship @ level 10 with properly picked skills, upgrades, favours and crews.

aprg

Postby aprg » 16 July 2016, 19:50

Maxajax wrote:Thing is, you're never going to have perfect balance outside of chess.

And even then, the only reason chess matches are "balanced" is because they consist of two games, with both players alternating black and white.

Bonger_Bob

Postby Bonger_Bob » 19 July 2016, 00:18

Bonger_Bob wrote:
Netheos wrote:
Bonger_Bob wrote:and the korean has struck again.......

The number of new spammer accounts has decreased a lot but the few breaking through our protections are very talkative.

We're doing our best to refine the anti-spam system further.

Bonger_Bob wrote:can we get some answers as to the games future and current development objective, along with a possible update to when / if the next patch is ???

We're working on the next big update, which is planned in the coming weeks.

The development roadmap we published after launch is still accurate. We finished the "coming in a few weeks" section, as well as the Space Marines DLC and are now actively working on the ranked matches.

Thank you Netheos, a welcome post but this is past due, though still very vague. That's one of the biggest issues your company faces, the roadmap has no timeline, so the players are reliant on actual progress and patches to guess what is going on / happening next.

Perhaps you could expand on it further if the continuing random pattern with patches is to persist, this would be a move towards the improved communication your Roadmap post stated. Nothing concrete is required, just some updates and posts ( like this one ) with some level of frequency. It would go a long way to instilling some faith along with regularly showing signs of life. I will say its disappointing how infrequently the devs themselves actually post anything.

A good example of this is the last patch announcement you made. It was nearly a month ago, with the only other post prior to this one here being on the 1st of July. It takes 5 minutes at best, 10 minutes at worst to type a post, if your lacking the ability to do this due to time constraints and work load, hire more people.

You are unfortunately battling on 2 fronts ( 3 if you include the spammer ) with the bad rep from your abandoned title Etherium, which is compounded by further waves of silence and minimal posts, and a game that is still stuck with huge balance issues on multiple fronts.

On the spammer note, i couldn't help but notice well over 100 of the posts that were done yesterday by the korean low-life, were all done within a few hrs of each other, by the same registered user. Perhaps a limit to how often a registered user can make new posts, along with a hard cap on how many reply posts they can do in any thread, would be an easy step you can take to at least limit the volume of the spam. Im no programming coder by any measure, but surely a few simple limitations can be applied with relative ease without needing a massive overhaul of the webpage code.

edit note : Netheos, you still need to tidy up your post history, without the quotations working within it, your last post has taken my own words out of context and to anyone unaware, it looks like your questioning yourselves on the future on the game. Im trying to give you an opening here to appease the concerns of many about the dismal state of the game and communication. If you want less hostile posts and responses, you HAVE to do basic housekeeping. The post history via profile is a great example of sloppy work that needs to improve.

If you want a supportive community for the game, it starts ( and ends ) with the developers and their actions ( or inaction ). I've recently showed the game to one of my die hard warhammer fan friends, and his views on it were less than stellar, and no level of talking it up could convince him to buy in ( even with the sale on right now ).

Now that's saying something, when a person who is devoted to the IP, has spent literally thousands of dollars on minatures ( and still buys new ones often ), won't part with the cash for a PC representation of what makes up 20% of his model collection, something has gone wrong. The overall picture of the game from an outsiders perspective is very poor to say the least currently.

I myself have uninstalled and deleted it from my steam library entirely out of embarrassment for having the 350 hrs played time on record. You've got my money from when i "early-adopted" in beta, and i'd had my value from it in that respect no doubt, should the game ever take the right direction, i'll happily pay for it again. Right now though, massive improvements need to occur on multiple fronts before i'd invest again.

You need customers on side, positive word of mouth would increase sales and improve the prospects for your future developments and the future of BF:G.

So can we at least get an acknowledgement this has been read by the devs ????

Netheos' post history still displays incorrectly, and for those searching for signs of life, its what we have been reduced to. Heres how the last mess reads :

"and the korean has struck again....... The number of new spammer accounts has decreased a lot but the few breaking through our protections are very talkative. We're doing our best to refine the anti-spam system further. can we get some answers as to the games future and current development objectiv..."

the missing quotations makes it look like Tindalos are questioning themselves.......Thats just sloppy house keeping and a further example of core basics that need to improve, the longer they are silent, the worse it looks.

CALiGeR190, perhaps you can fix this up at least ???, though i'm not sure if you'd have access rights / ability to modify a devs post history. As someone else has highlighted, even amateur hobbyist sites done by a lone individual can uphold a higher standard than is shown here........

Again, the lack of any regular post by the devs is disappointing to say the least. 1 active dev, I note Netheos does actually at least login according the the post history last active date, who does a few sentences in a post maybe once every 2 weeks. Things need to improve, or its just looks worse as each day of silence goes by. As posted by Ravensburg, on the 4th of may 2016, pinned in the forums :

"Communication

Something that’s been raised a few times is a desire for more communication on the forums from us, the developers. Now that our game has been released, we’re going to start posting regular Dev Updates – beginning with this one! The idea for these updates is to give you guys more of an insight into our design process. "

That was over 3 months ago now........

They made the assurance of communication in the road map post, they were capable of it as was shown in beta, so why do we have large periods of silence punctuated with the occasional paragraph from a lone dev every couple of weeks ??

TheWorldSmith

Postby TheWorldSmith » 19 July 2016, 00:37

I absolutely have to agree with the above. Get a community volunteer, get him emailing or PMing the developers, get said person to collate the information and deliver it to us. I'm sure that a lot of the community moderators and already-volunteering staff would be delighted.

It. Is. Not. Hard.

If you don't want another outsider to do it, then please do it yourselves, alternate developer if you have to. Communication from the developers is the most important part of active game development.
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live!" - Exterminatus Extremis, M41

McNash

Postby McNash » 19 July 2016, 06:20

TheWorldSmith wrote:I absolutely have to agree with the above. Get a community volunteer, get him emailing or PMing the developers, get said person to collate the information and deliver it to us. I'm sure that a lot of the community moderators and already-volunteering staff would be delighted.

It. Is. Not. Hard.

If you don't want another outsider to do it, then please do it yourselves, alternate developer if you have to. Communication from the developers is the most important part of active game development.

I know what I am writing here is gonna get me a lot of annoyance (not that I really care other than for some personal amusement), but given how some beta testers and other kind of volunteers went rogue and needed to get banned I would likely prefer to see Tindalos using hired people from their own staff before trusting anyone they can't keep in line on treat of getting fired.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 19 July 2016, 12:36

McNash wrote:
TheWorldSmith wrote:I absolutely have to agree with the above. Get a community volunteer, get him emailing or PMing the developers, get said person to collate the information and deliver it to us. I'm sure that a lot of the community moderators and already-volunteering staff would be delighted.

It. Is. Not. Hard.

I know what I am writing here is gonna get me a lot of annoyance (not that I really care other than for some personal amusement), but given how some beta testers and other kind of volunteers went rogue and needed to get banned I would likely prefer to see Tindalos using hired people from their own staff before trusting anyone they can't keep in line on treat of getting fired.

It was one beta and one elite tester that went rouge I think. But yeah I can totally understand the developers wanting to keep this a hired guy job.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Re: COMMUNICATION ??? / So a single Korean has killed off Tindalos ??

Postby Ashardalon » 19 July 2016, 14:34

just have some damn patience
they dont do small updates last one added things like causing a mutiny on boarding, before that adding things like slow effect to lances, before that temporary crits
those are significant things that cant just be thrown together in a few days
its theyr way of balancing and were you see delays i see eventual stuff modders can use to tweak things
be patient and things will be awesome

+they are game develelopers not forum wathevers
with how things went with some in the beta its understandable if they want to actually hire someone for it
but if you read all their posts you can easily see that they love W40K
and for hiring someone they would need to find a pr person as dedicated to W40K as them, and that cant be easy to find

Bonger_Bob

Postby Bonger_Bob » 20 July 2016, 00:24

Ashardalon wrote:just have some damn patience
they dont do small updates last one added things like causing a mutiny on boarding, before that adding things like slow effect to lances, before that temporary crits
those are significant things that cant just be thrown together in a few days
its theyr way of balancing and were you see delays i see eventual stuff modders can use to tweak things
be patient and things will be awesome

+they are game develelopers not forum wathevers
with how things went with some in the beta its understandable if they want to actually hire someone for it
but if you read all their posts you can easily see that they love W40K
and for hiring someone they would need to find a pr person as dedicated to W40K as them, and that cant be easy to find

Patience was had and burnt long ago, i was an eldar loving player, the hate i endured for months over the broken state of eldar for a sustained period was epic, for which the blame lies squarely at Tindalos' feet. I could go into further detail, but im sure your aware of the abuse stream that flowed, and still does to some extent.

The patch alterations are questionable, and basics like patch notes get ignored ( nearly every post release patch has had ommisions in the notes ). And again i'll point to beta with this, we had bi-weekly patches in beta, with new/altered content often far exceeding that of the released patches. If it was able to be done in beta, why do we now have monthly patches ???. From an outsiders perspective, the game development has scaled back massively, almost appearing to be at a standstill.

As far as them being game devs not "forum whatevers" as you put it, FORUMS FOR THE GAME ARE A CORE PART OF HOW THE COMMUNITY FORMS AND GROWS AROUND THE GAME ITSELF, they are often also the only avenue for support if things go wrong, and the PRIMARY ADVERTISING POINT FOR THE GAME. The forum is a reflection of the game itself, its broken, poorly managed and hurting potential sales. If they can't get a basic forum right, what hope is there for the game ??? Or are you implying forum coding and management is far more complex than game development ???

As for PR, 40k lovers are not as rare as you think, they are actually the most common of all GW products fans, with most average people equating a love of warhammer as "that 40k thing", when there are far more products based on the IP than 40k alone. Some of them are even PC gamers, and some of those are working in programming, or a public relations role. To hire someone is only limited by Tindalos' willingness to employ, nothing more, there are plent of people out there that would be suitable for such a role.

All of it still comes back to the big issue, with a poorly managed forum, and the continual silence from the devs of late, the game and Tindalos look very unprofessional and give rise to the prospect of the game failing in the long term. Multiplayer requires PLAYERS by its very definition, and the way the game is currently represented is very poor.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 20 July 2016, 01:48

Patience was had and burnt long ago, i was an eldar loving player, the hate i endured for months over the broken state of eldar for a sustained period was epic, for which the blame lies squarely at Tindalos' feet. I could go into further detail, but im sure your aware of the abuse stream that flowed, and still does to some extent.

true the general alt-f4 attitude alot of people have is annoying and hating players because of the race they play is just stupid, but the players like that annoy me more than tindalos and will be in every online game (although more here than i would like)

. If it was able to be done in beta, why do we now have monthly patches ???. From an outsiders perspective, the game development has scaled back massively, almost appearing to be at a standstill.

tau...simple
space marines were already in the game on release tau are not

Or are you implying forum coding and management is far more complex than game development ???

no just different, i am awesome at welding aluminum , doesn't mean im any good with copper tho

To hire someone is only limited by Tindalos' willingness to employ, nothing more, there are plent of people out there that would be suitable for such a role.

to find a competent professional with the right knowledge takes time, interviewing and just generally catching them up on the game would take some time, i do agree they need one but i am against just hiring the first guy that shows up
again some patience

im just tired of people shouting doom approaches wile one look at any of tindalos's post make it clear how much they love this game
it will get fixed eventually and if not and they just keep adding new gimmiks instead of fixing stuff pistonminer will still have alot of stuff to play with and make something awesome,
i still play dawn of war soulstorm
its the same damn community
my money is well invested

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”