Which Faction would you like to see the most in Battlefleet Gothic?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!

Which Faction would you like to see the most in Battlefleet Gothic?

Poll ended at 29 April 2016, 21:25

Necrons
26%
Taus (forge world + GW + kroots + demiurg)
30%
Tyranids
27%
Adeptus Mechanicus
7%
Rogue traders
3%
Dark Eldars
5%
Eldar craftworlds
3%

Total votes: 861
Konstance Kasimir

Re: Which Faction would you like to see the most in Battlefleet Gothic?

Postby Konstance Kasimir » 08 April 2016, 23:00

Tau or Necrons would be best, Voted Necron.

ImperialDream

Postby ImperialDream » 08 April 2016, 23:47

What I would love to see most actually, would be a gloriana battleship
Though I can understand if this is a low priority

TheDeceiver

Postby TheDeceiver » 09 April 2016, 00:47

60 million years is wait enough. The age of life is over.

Matthewgrim

Postby Matthewgrim » 09 April 2016, 00:56

Necrons cuzz there lore friend and awesome like that

TheChiv

Postby TheChiv » 09 April 2016, 01:01

Necron or nids would be best. Necron adds a very interesting element to the game where nids are just scary as all hell to deal with and would be a combination of nurgle+Orks. They would require some serious planing to engage....Chaso and any fleet with bombers would have some advantage.

McNash

Postby McNash » 09 April 2016, 03:12

Necrons because every single time a Cairn-class Tomb Ship has appeared in fluff the levels of epicness have gone over 40,000.

Also, there may be a chance Trazyn appears to steal Abby's Black Fortresses.

Gorgutz 'ead 'unter

Postby Gorgutz 'ead 'unter » 09 April 2016, 04:37

Voted Necron because while Tyranid would be a nice adition i'd rather they add those later with enough time to tinker on them. They have a lot of rules that might be difficult to adapt into the game, so i'd rather not see that come out rushed or anything. Necron would probably be easier to do for them. (and Necron are pretty sweet)

firaxin

Postby firaxin » 09 April 2016, 04:58

Lucifronsun wrote:So what exactly makes a rogue trader fleet different from any other imperial branch? More exotic tech, alien allies?

Power gamer's dream fleet, since you could mix and match a wide combination of Imperial, Chaos, Eldar, Ork, and Tau ships in the same list. On top of that, they had access to more official minor Xenos auxiliaries than the Tau, and even had rules to invent and represent Xenos races of your own creation. So they were a modeler's dream too.

Unfortunately I think they're going to be very difficult to implement, since you can't just let RT take ships from everyone else, and at the same time you can't code unlimited variety into the Xenos auxiliaries. While you could work around these restraints, the limitations cancel both of the faction's two core draws.

Lord Nirgal

Postby Lord Nirgal » 09 April 2016, 09:10

i can't understand why there are so many votes for tyranids... ok they are cool but in this game they would be: ahead full, ram, board, repeat. Even their hive mind makes sure you to attack the closest enemy in short range and board it, there's no much tactics involved at all, they would have a similar role to the orks but with even more streightforward gameplay.

necrons could be more interesting but let's be honest: they aren't balanced. Balancing necrons could go into 2 directions: they are just like other factions so nothing scary, they are very scary and their ships cost a lot so you will field 1 or 2 ships at most.
The first direction will transform the greatest threat to galaxy (after tyranids) to a simple faction with 60m years of tech that aren't actually that powerfull (in the rts series of dawn of war that made sense because you have huge armies fighting, but among the stars necrons have no rivals), the second direction would mean we will be playing with 1 or 2 ships thus without any serious tactical choices or gameplay.

More i think of the new faction more i see potential in dark eldars, they could really have a unique gameplay and there's a lot of room to invent new things for them considering that there's few materials from the old TT

BlockBadger42

Postby BlockBadger42 » 09 April 2016, 15:02

AdMech is my baby, but its not what the game need right now. Tau is probably the best one for you to do first, that or nids.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”