Cancel warp chance and Assassination missions

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Denshar

Cancel warp chance and Assassination missions

Postby Denshar » 26 June 2016, 18:55

Since the Ork and Eldar patch, I have noticed that a lightning strike does not automatically cancel the warp jump.

When you are playing the Imperial Navy or the Orks as the attacker, and the defender is either Chaos or Eldar, isn't that all hanging on a stroke of luck, or unluck?

They can easily kite you, you close in just when the warp jumps gets available, you have just one or two ships at range. It's easy to get f*cked just because your lightning strike or boarding action fail!

I was just in such a campaign mission, I couldn't get enough shots at the enemy admiral ship before the timer was up, not even to get its shields down.
So I get three ships in position for a boarding action. The crit chance is 27%. The first one failed to cancel the warp jump, the second failed too. The third succeeded. If I'de had just two, these two failure would have made me mad.

Doesn't that make it too hard or too easy when a fast faction gets this role?

Mav

Re: Cancel warp chance and Assassination missions

Postby Mav » 26 June 2016, 19:05

Denshar wrote:

No, cause you can spam all the cool 12k shit on a visible target. assasin and data recovery is more about cutting off the escape route than just headlong rushing towards a target

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 26 June 2016, 20:45

Denshar wrote:Since the Ork and Eldar patch, I have noticed that a lightning strike does not automatically cancel the warp jump.

When you are playing the Imperial Navy or the Orks as the attacker, and the defender is either Chaos or Eldar, isn't that all hanging on a stroke of luck, or unluck?

They can easily kite you, you close in just when the warp jumps gets available, you have just one or two ships at range. It's easy to get f*cked just because your lightning strike or boarding action fail!

I was just in such a campaign mission, I couldn't get enough shots at the enemy admiral ship before the timer was up, not even to get its shields down.
So I get three ships in position for a boarding action. The crit chance is 27%. The first one failed to cancel the warp jump, the second failed too. The third succeeded. If I'de had just two, these two failure would have made me mad.

Its even worse if you are facing a nurgle fleet that has a ship to be assassinated. Cancel warp out is not going to happen not in this life time and investing in space marines or boardings are generally a waste in most situations so you are better off going all in bum rushing the nurgle ship with carriers get within 3 to 6 k (so it cant screen itself) and bombing it to shit.

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 26 June 2016, 21:14

MYNAME? wrote:
Denshar wrote:Since the Ork and Eldar patch, I have noticed that a lightning strike does not automatically cancel the warp jump.

Its even worse if you are facing a nurgle fleet that has a ship to be assassinated. Cancel warp out is not going to happen not in this life time and investing in space marines or boardings are generally a waste in most situations so you are better off going all in bum rushing the nurgle ship with carriers get within 3 to 6 k (so it cant screen itself) and bombing it to shit.

Nah, the worst one is when you need to assasinate an ork ship, which is cleverly placed at some distance behind the rest of his fleet. There is no need for a Zzap fleet, because attacker just has to rush you in order to kill you in time. And, unless you're an ork or a SM, rushing into an Ork fleet is very bad idea. Bombers will die, because they would have to go through turrets of the rest of the fleet. And even if you got a long range lance fleet, the rest of Ork fleet can rush you anyway in order to stall you.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 27 June 2016, 08:47

Zeblasky wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:

Nah, the worst one is when you need to assasinate an ork ship, which is cleverly placed at some distance behind the rest of his fleet. There is no need for a Zzap fleet, because attacker just has to rush you in order to kill you in time. And, unless you're an ork or a SM, rushing into an Ork fleet is very bad idea. Bombers will die, because they would have to go through turrets of the rest of the fleet. And even if you got a long range lance fleet, the rest of Ork fleet can rush you anyway in order to stall you.

Yes encountered ork junk fortresses cleverly placed in a corner behind millions of savages. Now its even worse with point reduction where orks can no field 7 cruisers against your 4-5 cruisers. I agree it sucks.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”