Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Freelancer1495

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Freelancer1495 » 28 June 2016, 04:28

bumping so this doesnt get lost in korean spam messages

Zeblasky

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Zeblasky » 28 June 2016, 10:33

MYNAME? wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
Buildin your entire lance or carrier fleet to soft counter one weapon in the orc arsenal is hardly balanced. I am not sure what you find easy about trying to beat 6 or 7 fully upgraded zapps. Last time I checked it 1 shotted my devistation and brought my Acheron down to 1/4 health in one volley. On another note. The guy was packin beacons and probes on his ships nothing else. That should tell you how OP this build is that it covers all of its weaknesses.

3 zaps can be dealt with 6 or 7 buffed zapps.. not gonna happen.

Hah. No-no-no, this is my default carrier fleet. I haven't changed a thing since the Ork buff, I just made it work. And where did I said that it's easy?

Also, one shotted Devistation as killed it withing 2 seconds?

Yes my devistation died instantly. Ah ok so u have build in place. Well I got 2 khorne 1 slaanesh and one tzeentch.

Huh. I had some nasty Zzaps, but never with such huge firepower.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 28 June 2016, 16:24

Zeblasky wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:
Hah. No-no-no, this is my default carrier fleet. I haven't changed a thing since the Ork buff, I just made it work. And where did I said that it's easy?

Also, one shotted Devistation as killed it withing 2 seconds?

Yes my devistation died instantly. Ah ok so u have build in place. Well I got 2 khorne 1 slaanesh and one tzeentch.

Huh. I had some nasty Zzaps, but never with such huge firepower.

Well its real man. Its like pre patch eldar pulsar at thid point only difference with eldar there was some counterplay. A direct hit from 6 or 7 zapps will outright annhilate your ship or force warp out you with only 1/4 health left.

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 02 July 2016, 01:15

Today had a match with a guy, who spammed torps, Zzaps and Novas, all at the same time. Was quite scary and close, but 2x Slaughter plus 2x Styx pulled this one as well. Quite effective tactic, but never thought before that ramming Orks with Chaos can be good ever x)

Edelweiss00

Postby Edelweiss00 » 04 July 2016, 03:20

gotta admit, zap spam is pretty OP. I main Ork, and been a dedicated Ork fleet commander ever since. Before this patch, I used to run a mega kannon fleet with the kannon range upgrade and the hull and shield upgrades. But after the patch, I switched to zap weaponry. Almost all my ships are level 10, and my upgrades are running around buffing zap weaponry. I always play 2v2 together with my imperial mate and we're pretty much unbeatable. We're not pro, just casuals enjoying the game, but having a 12.5k range emperor and some 12.5k range widow makers together with an ork fleet chock full of zaps is pretty much OP. The moment an enemy ship enters the 12.5k range detection, it will be pretty much gonna go down to almost half HP if its anything less than a Battlecruiser. And with the traktor combo, I can pretty much traktor enemy ships to the path of my torps.

Though I'm enjoying it, it definitely deserves some kind of a nerf. Maybe there should be a limit on how many zaps can me kustomized in a ship or lower zap damage a bit. Or increase the cost of zap kannons to prevent spamming it.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 04 July 2016, 21:31

Zeblasky wrote:Today had a match with a guy, who spammed torps, Zzaps and Novas, all at the same time. Was quite scary and close, but 2x Slaughter plus 2x Styx pulled this one as well. Quite effective tactic, but never thought before that ramming Orks with Chaos can be good ever x)

Yes brawlers are probably a good counter the problem is that it insta hard counters a generalist lance fleet. You must have been pretty lucky. The variables are too damn high when fighting orks. They either cheese and win with ease or they dont and lose horribly.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 04 July 2016, 21:54

That's why I wouldn't equip Nova on every single ship, but also use some Trakktor Kannonz aaaaand whuuusch the brawlers are in trouble, too
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 05 July 2016, 00:03

Taurusbully wrote:
Crnyo wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:BTW, Tzeench Chaos fleet is very good against Zzaps, unless they tag your ship with a Beacon(but, considering, that 50% damage is done to the hull, they bring shields down quite slowly, so this is not such a big threat). If they can't see you, they can't kill you, and you can kite as long as you want. In 1v1 they can be beaten, even if it's qute hard. But in 2v2 it's almost impossible to win against 2 good Zzap orks.

There is no way you can win against Ork fleet which has max number of Zzaps and recon beacons.

Here is what happens:
1)You shoot from the Tzeench cloud
2)Ork lobs beacon and fires Zzap volley
3)Your ship is paralyzed and Ork fleet uses BRB
4)You try to run away but one of your ships is slowed down and can't get out of the beacon radius in time
5)Ork fires second Zzap salvo, depletes your shields and slaps beacon on your ship if necessary
6)Repeat 1-5 unti you are dead

Removing or limiting the stack effect would solve this, perhaps? What is hurting more, the dmg that bypasses shields or the slow effect? (Or both?)

At this point with 6 zapps its both. But since ork zapps are 15 k it doesnt matter if they slow or not. Getting them close helps hitting with torps though its pretty hard to dodge 200 torps up close and your 4 fighters squads have been exhausted 2 minutes ago.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 05 July 2016, 00:05

Ubikuuu wrote:AND revert the ridiculous cost decrease for everything except maybe Grot Launcha.

Edit: oh and for lower Zzap damage of course we mean absolutely GUT IT right?.

No make zapps expensive as shit but dont tone down the damage

Ubikuuu

Postby Ubikuuu » 05 July 2016, 07:31

MYNAME? wrote:
Ubikuuu wrote:AND revert the ridiculous cost decrease for everything except maybe Grot Launcha.

Edit: oh and for lower Zzap damage of course we mean absolutely GUT IT right?.

No make zapps expensive as shit but dont tone down the damage

This might work, the question then is: how much?
My "big boy pants" lineup is 2xHammer + 2xTerror + Basha + Savage.
Oh Sweet Emperor its hard to contain the laughter even just writing this.
Seriously, how could anybod... ah whatever.

7 Zzaps + 5 Towers. Potentially.
But in fact my Basha is not part of this strategy as it has Kannons and only a 3kTower, Goffs favored: I bring them only to level up for use against IN (since I take pity on them) and Orks (because plans). So most of the times they don't even get to engage the enemy as I want the Basha to survive for the exp.
More! For the longest time I didn't even bring the Basha nor the Savage to get the bonus Renown in order to fully Favor my fleet, as happened in the two only CC I have lost (one I was about lvl 6 ships against full favored lvl 10 Chaos and the other max lvl 8 without Towers yet, full capped Chaos).

So think about it: if the cost increase happens be such that, if one chooses to go full Zzap, it disallows for the extra Basha and a Savage, that still gives us an embarassingly overpowered fleet.
And thats what? 120 points give or take?
So its an increase of about 20 points per Zzap, and it is still nowhere near enough.
So 30? 35 more each?
Thats quite a bit more than the cost of a Savage, which is rather ridiculous on multiple accounts, if you think about it.
I am alive and you are all dead

Leveling up Chaos:
Spoiler : :
https://www.twitch.tv/ubikuuu

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”