Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bludfist

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Bludfist » 27 June 2016, 14:02

Zeblasky wrote:Well, they are worth it. Orks can have the best defence against incoming ordinance, if they would just time their bombers right, so they would collide with incoming threat. 1 usual bomber squadron has 6 attack against ordinance, while ork bomber squadron has 12. This can annihilate incoming bomber waves even before they reach ork ships.

You know its possible to trick fighter screens right? to use 1 wave of torpedoes to pull away the defensive fighter screen of a ships so that subsequent waves of torpedoes and ordinance have a much eaiser time reaching the target?

Secondly like you said the bomber screen only works properly IF you time the bombers properly, if you have no vision on the ship the you cant launch bombers like vs boarding torpedo ships so best efence is just theoretical not in practice, the best ordinance defense is eldar with defensive fighter screen and darkstar fighters

Lastly it dosnt change the fact that a factions bombers is nothing more than a scond glorified fighter screen that no other faction has to deal with, does any other faction have for example boarding pods that are just glorified bombers?

And still, you are wrong to say that orks should not have decent carriers
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

MYNAME?

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby MYNAME? » 27 June 2016, 19:32

Zeblasky wrote:BTW, Tzeench Chaos fleet is very good against Zzaps, unless they tag your ship with a Beacon(but, considering, that 50% damage is done to the hull, they bring shields down quite slowly, so this is not such a big threat). If they can't see you, they can't kill you, and you can kite as long as you want. In 1v1 they can be beaten, even if it's qute hard. But in 2v2 it's almost impossible to win against 2 good Zzap orks.

Buildin your entire lance or carrier fleet to soft counter one weapon in the orc arsenal is hardly balanced. I am not sure what you find easy about trying to beat 6 or 7 fully upgraded zapps. Last time I checked it 1 shotted my devistation and brought my Acheron down to 1/4 health in one volley. On another note. The guy was packin beacons and probes on his ships nothing else. That should tell you how OP this build is that it covers all of its weaknesses.

3 zaps can be dealt with 6 or 7 buffed zapps.. not gonna happen.

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 27 June 2016, 20:32

Bludfist wrote:
Zeblasky wrote: does any other faction have for example boarding pods that are just glorified bombers?

Thunderhawks? : P

Well, I just gotta disagree on you with this one. But, if you buff orks in such ways, that you could just remove all guns(or most of them) from the ork ship in order to get more launch bays(up may be to 8-10 on the battleship), that could be cool. Then you could have 1-2 completely dedicated carriers in ork fleet, but with 0 close range defence.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 27 June 2016, 20:43

Zeblasky wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
Zeblasky wrote: does any other faction have for example boarding pods that are just glorified bombers?

Thunderhawks? : P

Well, I just gotta disagree on you with this one. But, if you buff orks in such ways, that you could just remove all guns(or most of them) from the ork ship in order to get more launch bays(up may be to 8-10 on the battleship), that could be cool. Then you could have 1-2 completely dedicated carriers in ork fleet, but with 0 close range defence.

If you use Goff favor, you have plenty of close range defense :P
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 27 June 2016, 21:14

MYNAME? wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:BTW, Tzeench Chaos fleet is very good against Zzaps, unless they tag your ship with a Beacon(but, considering, that 50% damage is done to the hull, they bring shields down quite slowly, so this is not such a big threat). If they can't see you, they can't kill you, and you can kite as long as you want. In 1v1 they can be beaten, even if it's qute hard. But in 2v2 it's almost impossible to win against 2 good Zzap orks.

Buildin your entire lance or carrier fleet to soft counter one weapon in the orc arsenal is hardly balanced. I am not sure what you find easy about trying to beat 6 or 7 fully upgraded zapps. Last time I checked it 1 shotted my devistation and brought my Acheron down to 1/4 health in one volley. On another note. The guy was packin beacons and probes on his ships nothing else. That should tell you how OP this build is that it covers all of its weaknesses.

Hah. No-no-no, this is my default carrier fleet. I haven't changed a thing since the Ork buff, I just made it work. And where did I said that it's easy?

Also, one shotted Devistation as killed it withing 2 seconds?

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 27 June 2016, 21:41

Zeblasky wrote:Thunderhawks? : P

You know what i mean

thunderhwk boarding ships function as boarding ships

the bomber variant are bombers they not just a second defensive fighters

and they did have ork ships specifically designed for being a carrier, terror ships

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terror_Ship

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 27 June 2016, 21:46

Bludfist wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:Thunderhawks? : P

You know what i mean

thunderhwk boarding ships function as boarding ships

the bomber variant are bombers they not just a second defensive fighters

and they did have ork ships specifically designed for being a carrier, terror ships

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terror_Ship

If I remember correctly most of the battlecruiser and larger ships had ordnance bays as well.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 27 June 2016, 21:54

Cryhavok wrote:If I remember correctly most of the battlecruiser and larger ships had ordnance bays as well.

Yeah the deathdela hand launch bays and stuff too

In retrospect part of my wishes that we got default builds on ork ships similar to what was in the book, the kustom point system did more harm than good in a way with all ships being the same defualt starting "build" of torps, lotsa gunz and prow gunz

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 27 June 2016, 21:58

Bludfist wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:If I remember correctly most of the battlecruiser and larger ships had ordnance bays as well.

Yeah the deathdela hand launch bays and stuff too

In retrospect part of my wishes that we got default builds on ork ships similar to what was in the book, the kustom point system did more harm than good in a way with all ships being the same defualt starting "build" of torps, lotsa gunz and prow gunz

I agree for the most part.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 28 June 2016, 03:22

Zeblasky wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:

Hah. No-no-no, this is my default carrier fleet. I haven't changed a thing since the Ork buff, I just made it work. And where did I said that it's easy?

Also, one shotted Devistation as killed it withing 2 seconds?

Yes my devistation died instantly. Ah ok so u have build in place. Well I got 2 khorne 1 slaanesh and one tzeentch.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”