Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Ubikuuu

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Ubikuuu » 24 June 2016, 12:50

As others said I have to disagree MYNAME.
Orks have always been one trick ponies.

At least before it was a very strong, but very limited one trick (AP MK).
Then it was an even stronger and inescapable-always hitting-shield ignoring one trick.
Now its like the last, but MORE.

Gg Orks, your tears were the strongest. We are beaten.
I am alive and you are all dead

Leveling up Chaos:
Spoiler : :
https://www.twitch.tv/ubikuuu

Sagranda

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Sagranda » 24 June 2016, 13:47

Bludfist wrote:
Orks need to return to their roots as brawlers

That's where I want to put them with Zzaps more as a utility tool

Your suggestion for mega kannonz, ok so then what would happen to the double mega kannon?

I actually don't really mind it, since it already has two shots that deal a lot of damage (though it would be an incoherent weapon design). But one could always take those attacks to 4 and adjust damage and crit accordingly.
The bigger issue is the slow speed of the Deathdeala.
That's the point I would work on.

I say we reverse chained squigs, make it so that chained squigs is accessed as defualt crew, so we can put points into immunity, as added fluffy TT ness i want the crew renamed to warbosses cause on TT you wanted to slot as many warbosses as possible for reroll chances on leadership tests and make the chained squigs an upgrade if you want to execute

It's a possibility.

We need to address the point cost disparity between torp launcher and mega kannon, and grot bays

I idea i have for fighta bombers is to buff their damage but give them reduced range vs the 12k of other ordinanace

Thing is that you have to be careful with the Grot Ship Launchas.
I put them to 10 or 12 points, because Orks are theoretically able to field a shit load of launch bays.
Megakannon could actually need a point cost increase as soon as it gets reliable again

If you remove slow stacking then increase the over all slow duration as 1 2s zzzap slow is ineffective

I would have gone the rout to increase their overall speed or give them more tools to close in or affect enemy ships.

Bludfist wrote:lotsa gunz needs higher crit and perhaps an upgrade that removes its gunz attribute so that it can fire a consistent 4 shots so you loose the chance for it to do 6 shots but it wont do 2 shots either, a trade off, i say replace targetting matrix for it since 9k only gives 37.5% acc any way

Who would take the the other upgrade over this one?
It's a restricted 3dps vs. a constant 2dps.
May as well throw out the current Gunz upgrade and take this in, throw out Targeting Matrix for something else or rework it so, that it also affects weapon accuracy below 6k range (would be a slight counter to the imprecise attribute if they want it to stay)

But that's why I said that there are many ways to make them into a better overall faction.
The stuff above from me is merely some brainstorming of what could be done
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 24 June 2016, 13:58

Sagranda wrote:
I actually don't really mind it, since it already has two shots that deal a lot of damage (though it would be an incoherent weapon design). But one could always take those attacks to 4 and adjust damage and crit accordingly.
The bigger issue is the slow speed of the Deathdeala.
That's the point I would work on.

Who would take the the other upgrade over this one?
It's a restricted 3dps vs. a constant 2dps.
May as well throw out the current Gunz upgrade and take this in, throw out Targeting Matrix for something else or rework it so, that it also affects weapon accuracy below 6k range (would be a slight counter to the imprecise attribute if they want it to stay)

That why i think the double mega kannon needs to be removed, on table top the deathdela was infamous because it had a prow mounted looted heavy bombardment cannon

Now that SM are in the game i think we should be allowed to to this

My other idea is for more dakka, and is to literally make it that

As a replacement upgrade for locked on, using locked on on a ship with more dakka upgrade will increase the fire rate for all macro weapons on the ship, how ever in exchange you no longer get the crit bonus or acc bonus that comes with locked on

a trade off
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Postby Ravensburg » 24 June 2016, 15:06

Bludfist wrote:lotsa gunz needs higher crit and perhaps an upgrade that removes its gunz attribute so that it can fire a consistent 4 shots so you loose the chance for it to do 6 shots but it wont do 2 shots either, a trade off, i say replace targetting matrix for it since 9k only gives 37.5% acc any way

We noticed a problem in the Lotsa gunz tooltips. Orks don't make 4 attacks per lotsa gunz but 8. (Between 4 and 12 with the random).
Meaning that on lock on with "More Dakka" upgrade you get a constant DPS of 6. One of the best battery DPS in the game.

We will fix the tooltips in the next patch.

Best,

Ravensburg

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 24 June 2016, 15:14

Ravensburg wrote:

We noticed a problem in the Lotsa gunz tooltips. Orks don't make 4 attacks per lotsa gunz but 8. (Between 4 and 12 with the random).
Meaning that on lock on with "More Dakka" upgrade you get a constant DPS of 6. One of the best battery DPS in the game.

Best,

Ravensburg

Correct me if I am wrong, but:
1: Lock-on isn't Constant, so this word is incorrect.
2: That doesn't take into account Ork inaccuracy, which lowers DPS quite a bit.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Postby Ravensburg » 24 June 2016, 15:19

Cryhavok wrote:
Ravensburg wrote:

Best,

Ravensburg

Correct me if I am wrong, but:
1: Lock-on isn't Constant, so this word is incorrect.
2: That doesn't take into account Ork inaccuracy, which lowers DPS quite a bit.

1) You're right it's not constant.

2) Absolutely. It's a 4.2 DPS at 6K range and a 5.7 DPS at 3K considering you get the lock on accuracy bonus.

Ravensburg

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 18:17

I was thinking about this, would not an upgrade to Lotsa guns that made them more accurate at range help against eldar?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 24 June 2016, 19:34

Ravensburg wrote:

Best,

Ravensburg

Just to get it right. No ill intention there.
The tooltip was wrong before.
It stated 1 attack, when there were actually 4
Now that they have 8 attacks, it says 4
That's stuff for a good laugh :lol:

But serious:
That's actual important information one needs to know.

Now is the question: What are the right stats of the Prow Gunz or is their tooltip correct?

Just crunched the numbers a bit and with these stats the Deathdeala has a broadside (both counted) dps during Lock-On and against 50 armor of 17.1 at 3k range and 12.6 at 6k range
Against 75 armor it's 8.55 (3k range) and 6.3 (6k) range

For the Hammer against 50 armor it would be a broadside dps of 11.4 at 3k and 8.4 at 6k
Against 75 armor 5.7 (3k) and 4.2 (6k)

Now take into account that those are only the broadside Gunz and no prow or dorsal weapons were counted.
But at the same time this is only during Lock-On with the More Dakka upgrade
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 24 June 2016, 20:11

BTW, Tzeench Chaos fleet is very good against Zzaps, unless they tag your ship with a Beacon(but, considering, that 50% damage is done to the hull, they bring shields down quite slowly, so this is not such a big threat). If they can't see you, they can't kill you, and you can kite as long as you want. In 1v1 they can be beaten, even if it's qute hard. But in 2v2 it's almost impossible to win against 2 good Zzap orks.

Crnyo

Postby Crnyo » 24 June 2016, 21:39

Zeblasky wrote:BTW, Tzeench Chaos fleet is very good against Zzaps, unless they tag your ship with a Beacon(but, considering, that 50% damage is done to the hull, they bring shields down quite slowly, so this is not such a big threat). If they can't see you, they can't kill you, and you can kite as long as you want. In 1v1 they can be beaten, even if it's qute hard. But in 2v2 it's almost impossible to win against 2 good Zzap orks.

Are you using lance or bomber fleets?

So far I've never lost with my zzap spam fleet but then again I've never played against Tzeench bomber fleet, only against Tzeench lance composition.
Last edited by Crnyo on 24 June 2016, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”