Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 20:17

With the severe changes to orks making them much cheaper you guys made some of their builds ridiculous. Its good that their zapps got some buffs and removed taunt. those were some changes in the right direction. I know Orks arent the easiest race to balance. It was nice that you guys wanted to do orks justice and improve them in a way.. The problem is that you guys removed a crutch and replaced it with an even bigger crutch. Zapp torp fleets are running rampant in this gothic sector and they all are turning our asses into shredded pork.

Reducing point costs on ALL Ork ships.

Sounds like a great buff. The problem though is now that me and alot of other unlucky bastards are running into 6/ 7 ork cruiser fleets that are all rocking pimped out zapps/ tractor novas god knows what else. Orks spam its what they do. Now it is impossible for me to counter play because orks start out with torp wall spam (even bigger ones). Great No fun at all and i feel like im in the special Olympics obstacle course weaving in and out of torp walls. Now i have to dodge millions of torps to get to the orks and than when i reach them i cant engage them because 7 zapps 1 shot my ship. Its worse than pulsar honestly. Its a real green imbalance shit storm out there. This is no bullshit L2P thing lets be furrealz now. Cause i wanted orks to be challenging to play against. But this is a whole new level green shenanigans :D.

Now dont worry i am sure you guys will figure it out in good time once enough sore assholes come strolling through the door.

Its pretty bad. My ass is still hurting and it will probably be scarred for life. megaZapp mark right on my right butt cheek. My ass could be mistakin for harry potter now.

Every patch you guys release seems like its breaking the game more. Did anybody test this?

This will most definantly not do your player base good. This needs a Hotfix As soon as humanly possible.

User avatar
Sagranda
Posts: 790
Joined: 19 March 2016, 12:34
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Sagranda » 23 June 2016, 20:24

Orks were always a one trick pony faction.
At I can't remember a time when this wasn't the case.
They were hurled from one trick into another one.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

User avatar
Cryhavok
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 June 2016, 16:02
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Cryhavok » 23 June 2016, 20:26

Well, assuming you are updating to the new meta that basically requires you to have a defensive carrier in your roster to deal with torp spam, and carrier fleets, your defensive fighters should be able to handle the torpedoes.

How you deal with the Zzap Spam depends on your fleet. I have a few ideas I plan on trying out when I get home.

The meta just changed, I'll give it a week before I decide if it is OP.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 20:37

Cryhavok wrote:Well, assuming you are updating to the new meta that basically requires you to have a defensive carrier in your roster to deal with torp spam, and carrier fleets, your defensive fighters should be able to handle the torpedoes.

How you deal with the Zzap Spam depends on your fleet. I have a few ideas I plan on trying out when I get home.

The meta just changed, I'll give it a week before I decide if it is OP.


I have 2 carriers running torp and ordnance defence i didnt start playing this game yesterday. the torps are not the problem just super annoying. It is when i reach the orks and i find them milking the Zapps with them being on every single ship. it turns crappy very quick. Also i have my ships setup for heavy shield tanking. (used it to counter long range fleets and improve survivability when in a pinch). Also have tzeentch (which doesnt really work anymore) My Chaos fleet is pretty much perfect and can deal with every faction... The problem is that the orks are 1/ 2 shotting my ships. i only have 4 cruiser for that particular anti everything setup. The ork meta has turned to shit dude. You wont even need to give it a week. It is blatantly obvious.
Last edited by MYNAME? on 23 June 2016, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 20:42

Sagranda wrote:Orks were always a one trick pony faction.
At I can't remember a time when this wasn't the case.
They were hurled from one trick into another one.


Its sad..... It really isnt that hard to figure out a solution instead of going from one extrem to another....

User avatar
Bludfist
Posts: 997
Joined: 14 March 2016, 22:46
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Bludfist » 23 June 2016, 20:47

MYNAME? wrote:
Its sad..... It really isnt that hard to figure out a solution instead of going from one extrem to another....

and what is that "solution" in your book?
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Cryhavok
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 June 2016, 16:02
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Cryhavok » 23 June 2016, 20:52

MYNAME? wrote:I have 2 carriers running torp and ordnance defence i didnt start playing this game yesterday..... the torps are not the problem just super annoying. It is when i reach the orks and i find them milking the Zapps with them being on every single ship.... it turns crappy very quick. Also i have my ships setup for heavy shield tanking. (used it to counter long range fleets and improve survivability when in a pinch). Also have tzeentch (which doesnt really work anymore) My Chaos fleet is pretty much perfect and can deal with every faction... The problem is that the orks are 1/ 2 shotting my ships. i only have 4 cruiser for that particular anti everything setup....


Tell your ships to cease fire in the tzeentch clouds and they will turn furtive again, then tell them to fire again. They work it just takes more micro which is annoying, but workable. I'd like to assume you know that already, and if so, consider this as advice for any newbie who reads this conversation and doesn't realize some of your complaints are that things are annoying rather than actually non-functional.

One of the things I plan on trying is leading with an escort that is sacrificed to waste their initial Zzap blasts then sending in a slanneshi ship to disable a target, so it can't use any defensive skills while my fleet kills it ASAP and retreats into Furtive. Rinse and repeat as needed.

You can also try using bombs manually to disrupt formations and then attack only the ships on the outer edges, so that you are out of range of the other ships and only take fire from one at a time. The Orks are pretty bad at maneuvering, so you might even manage to catch them in stasis bombs making this even easier.

MYNAME? wrote:The ork meta has turned to shit dude. You wont even need to give it a week. It is blatantly obvious.


I was one of the few outliers that didn't think the Orks were that bad before when the entire community was saying they were unplayably bad, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't just take anyone's (or everyone as the case may be) word for it and have to decide for myself.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Zeblasky
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 May 2016, 21:59
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby Zeblasky » 23 June 2016, 21:23

Tricky thing is, by trying to buff one thing devs made a very powerful build into an OP one. We need to make Orks into great brawlers-rammers with some flexibility. But current Zzaps... yeeeep, they need a nerf. Their shield penetration needs to go at the very least. Or crit chance needs to be reduced by a lot. When you get critted through overcharged shield it's no fun.


Or may be they just gotta slow more and deal damage less. Would be cool if you could actually choose - do some okay damage at range or take an upgrade, which would reduce your damage by 50%, but would give you slow, which would be more poverful than it is now. Aka the more dmg Zzap shot does, the more it slows(for a longer time). You would have a nice fleet composition - some ships are for slowing and herding, and some are just for killing.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 22:34

Zeblasky wrote:Tricky thing is, by trying to buff one thing devs made a very powerful build into an OP one. We need to make Orks into great brawlers-rammers with some flexibility. But current Zzaps... yeeeep, they need a nerf. Their shield penetration needs to go at the very least. Or crit chance needs to be reduced by a lot. When you get critted through overcharged shield it's no fun.


Or may be they just gotta slow more and deal damage less. Would be cool if you could actually choose - do some okay damage at range or take an upgrade, which would reduce your damage by 50%, but would give you slow, which would be more poverful than it is now. Aka the more dmg Zzap shot does, the more it slows(for a longer time). You would have a nice fleet composition - some ships are for slowing and herding, and some are just for killing.


Id be cool with that. Orks need combos not brain dead spam fleets.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: Orks back to one trick OP pony status? serious butthurt facepalm WTF thread :D

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 22:43

Cryhavok wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:I have 2 carriers running torp and ordnance defence i didnt start playing this game yesterday..... the torps are not the problem just super annoying. It is when i reach the orks and i find them milking the Zapps with them being on every single ship.... it turns crappy very quick. Also i have my ships setup for heavy shield tanking. (used it to counter long range fleets and improve survivability when in a pinch). Also have tzeentch (which doesnt really work anymore) My Chaos fleet is pretty much perfect and can deal with every faction... The problem is that the orks are 1/ 2 shotting my ships. i only have 4 cruiser for that particular anti everything setup....


Tell your ships to cease fire in the tzeentch clouds and they will turn furtive again, then tell them to fire again. They work it just takes more micro which is annoying, but workable. I'd like to assume you know that already, and if so, consider this as advice for any newbie who reads this conversation and doesn't realize some of your complaints are that things are annoying rather than actually non-functional.

One of the things I plan on trying is leading with an escort that is sacrificed to waste their initial Zzap blasts then sending in a slanneshi ship to disable a target, so it can't use any defensive skills while my fleet kills it ASAP and retreats into Furtive. Rinse and repeat as needed.

You can also try using bombs manually to disrupt formations and then attack only the ships on the outer edges, so that you are out of range of the other ships and only take fire from one at a time. The Orks are pretty bad at maneuvering, so you might even manage to catch them in stasis bombs making this even easier.

MYNAME? wrote:The ork meta has turned to shit dude. You wont even need to give it a week. It is blatantly obvious.


I was one of the few outliers that didn't think the Orks were that bad before when the entire community was saying they were unplayably bad, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't just take anyone's (or everyone as the case may be) word for it and have to decide for myself.


That experiment is gonna require alot of escorts..... I dont think you have dealt with a full blown zapp torp fleet yet. They dont even need skills with that build. 7-8 zapp hits on one of your ships makes it dead or brings you down to 10% health. I tried overcharged shields and the shots still go through. The dude I was playing only used torps and BRB as he was "chasing"

I totally get where you are coming from and you should definantly see for yourself.


Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests