Idea.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Someuntrustworthygit

Idea.

Postby Someuntrustworthygit » 23 June 2016, 04:43

So I have an idea for a couple of Ork upgrades, these are very raw, "armor piercin big shootas", this makes your turrets fire at nearby ships, doing 0.1 damage per hit, the next one is similar, "mega power klaws", this does 5 damage at 1 attack per second at enemies right next to you.
Last edited by Someuntrustworthygit on 28 June 2016, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.

MYNAME?

Re: Idea.

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 05:52

They just have to remove AP ammo entirely for all races. Its cancer. Than orks will once again be the king brawlers.

Someuntrustworthygit

Postby Someuntrustworthygit » 28 June 2016, 21:02

please, reply to the topic not the faction.

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 29 June 2016, 01:27

i am unsure if the engine can deal with decimal damage numbers.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 29 June 2016, 08:57

Also this belongs in the ideas section.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 29 June 2016, 17:29

I dont like either idea, I dont think they fit with the lore or the orks. Any close range physical attack like a broadside 'power claw' should be tied to assault actions, like... boosting the number of assault attacks the ship makes, or reducing troop value of the target ship, or some other modifier to assault actions.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 29 June 2016, 17:50

If they made turrets in any way able to do capital scale damage, they would have to make fighters able to as well, since they are using the same scale of weapons. Lore-wise though, neither turrets nor fighters have weapons capable of being relevant to ships this size though. That is why they only affect small objects.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Someuntrustworthygit

Postby Someuntrustworthygit » 05 July 2016, 20:30

BanjoJohn wrote:I dont like either idea, I dont think they fit with the lore or the orks. Any close range physical attack like a broadside 'power claw' should be tied to assault actions, like... boosting the number of assault attacks the ship makes, or reducing troop value of the target ship, or some other modifier to assault actions.
what do you mean lore wise? it seems very orky to have a power klaw snapping at an enemy at close range, and for a bunch of shootas to befiring at an enemy ship.

Someuntrustworthygit

Postby Someuntrustworthygit » 05 July 2016, 20:31

Cryhavok wrote:If they made turrets in any way able to do capital scale damage, they would have to make fighters able to as well, since they are using the same scale of weapons. Lore-wise though, neither turrets nor fighters have weapons capable of being relevant to ships this size though. That is why they only affect small objects.
hmmmm I guess so.

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 10 July 2016, 23:08

Someuntrustworthygit wrote:
BanjoJohn wrote:I dont like either idea, I dont think they fit with the lore or the orks. Any close range physical attack like a broadside 'power claw' should be tied to assault actions, like... boosting the number of assault attacks the ship makes, or reducing troop value of the target ship, or some other modifier to assault actions.
what do you mean lore wise? it seems very orky to have a power klaw snapping at an enemy at close range, and for a bunch of shootas to befiring at an enemy ship.

Its "Orky" but it doesnt make sense as part of an orky ship design. Look more at the dark eldar.. needle things for what I'm talking about for a weapon system that deals with assaults.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”