How about a BIG thank you to Devs/Publis, for free DLC?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: How about a BIG thank you to Devs/Publis, for free DLC?

Postby Imperator5 » 22 June 2016, 16:16

I heard rumors (so not a sure source) that GW really dislikes that. They feel like it would eat into their tabletop revenue. I heard this when there was a free tabletop simulator online and GW sicked the lawyers on them so fast that made Sexual Harassment Panda cringe.

Yeah there is Andy the Android emulator which is free I think and can help with emulating the game.

I'm not sure how they'Ll do Dark Eldar. They got like two ships?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 22 June 2016, 16:30

Spector wrote:If it was OK to have a gazillion page long thread about NOT getting free DLC, how about we make a modest thread and say thank you to the Developers and Publisher for not excluding free DLC from copies for the games brought from other retailers then the named ones for Early adopter edition?

I will start:
Thank you Tindalos Interactive and Focus Home Interactive for not creating a problem for all of us who didn't understand which retailers had exclusive Early adopters edition.

I had no intention of buying more of your DLC after that badly explained Early adopter edition situation but after this good PR move I plan to support your game for future payed DLC.

I'll add my thanks to this as well. I am glad it is hear, and I am happy these first few DLC are free.

Harlequin wrote:
BanjoJohn wrote:
my group of tabletop players getting every year smaller and smaller. :(

That is a byproduct of how much it costs to get into:
Computer version: $40ish
Model version: $9,000,000,000 and your soul.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Postby Ravensburg » 23 June 2016, 14:33

Thanks guys for you're support!

Best way to reward us is to put a thumb up and a good review on STEAM.

Best way for you to get more contents like campaigns or factions is to put a thumb up and a good review on STEAM ; )

Best,

Ravesnburg

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 23 June 2016, 15:18

done and done
im loving the game (tho please help the orks and korne a little, something for korn carriers? wave after wave of bloodthirsty cultists?? please)
its the first game to make me interested in multiplayer so i thought it should also be the first game i should write a review and give a thumbs up
keep up the great work
really hope that after the free dlc there will be some campaign with the next one, that would be a big "shut up and take my money" moment

Spector

Postby Spector » 23 June 2016, 15:49

Ravensburg wrote:Best way to reward us is to put a thumb up and a good review on STEAM.

I just posted my review, made sure to be as objective as possible and it's still a glowing review! Keep up the good work and you can only get more good reviews!
My YouTube channel with BFG:A videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 23 June 2016, 16:38

Adding my thanks here - really enjoy the game - thanks to all involved.
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

XViper

Postby XViper » 11 September 2016, 04:48

While I realise this is almost a 'necro-post', I also wanted to say thank you.

When we were first told we would not get the DLC because we didn't purchase from the specific resellers mentioned (even though we purchased prior to being told what these resellers were), I was extremely disappointed. For weeks there was no comment from the Devs/Publisher that this would change, and was one of the key things that left a sour taste in my mouth to the point I stopped playing entirely.

Only now have I been informed that the stance on this was reversed and all Pre-Orders/Early Adopters have received the DLC, regardless of their place of purchase.

I'm very pleased in this, and have never been happier to have been proven wrong. I initially had faith, and then I lost it. That faith and respect has been regained. I'm a little late to the party, but I this knowledge will likely bring me back to the game. It was very much a "Well f*ck you then!" moment, and I just stopped playing entirely.

McNash

Postby McNash » 13 September 2016, 06:55

The tau are quite cool, I am looking forward to any necron and tyranid DLC, even if it's paid :D

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 10:51

McNash wrote:The tau are quite cool, I am looking forward to any necron and tyranid DLC, even if it's paid :D

Yeah me too. I can't wait to get my hands on the Tomb ships and give them all silly egyptian name puns!

http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Steel*Faith

Postby Steel*Faith » 13 September 2016, 20:34

Absolutely incredible work on the Tau! The Demiurg and Kroot Warsphere are especially well done, love the design and attention to detail!

Sincerely, thank you so much Tindalos, you guys are awesome!

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”