Whats going on with this game?

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
MataCucasRAID2

Re: Whats going on with this game?

Postby MataCucasRAID2 » 25 May 2016, 12:41

The worst part is having no news....
Heretics and Xenos can survive nuclear blasts... but not RAID spray!

Guyver

Postby Guyver » 25 May 2016, 12:59

MataCucasRAID2 wrote:The worst part is having no news....

and thats the nail in the coffin of their wrong going at the moment.
it's oblivious that if you don't have as a dev team, an answer for the eldar issue right now, then you need to try to get help from the community instead of going silent until the issue will go away.
i don't like to point fingers, but honestly they have used the card "we are gonna listen and be here" and then burned it just after few weeks, expect for the lonely man answering all our questions about the game mechanics, no one else around.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 25 May 2016, 13:51

Guyver wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:While I agree about tooltips, there has been at least 3 patches since release.

and we are grateful for a dedicated support on smashing gamebreaking bugs like crashing, but if you do not address the unbalance of the game the game will just die prematurely.
but you know, this shit happens when you don't broad-test features/races like the eldars... i only can imagine what will happen when they will push out space marines fleet without proper balancing, considering the eldar fiasco.

From knowing the game mechanics and the in campaign Strike cruiser model, the space marines will most likely suck.

They seem to be a more accurate brawler faction like orks, but instead of health bonus they got full 75 armour bonus.

Now, what does NOT ignore armour in this game: Macros above 3k and melta torps.
What ignores all that giant armour: Macros below 3k, lances, novas, bombs, bombers, torpedoes.

So their armour bonus is useless 6 out of 8 times.

Bombardment cannon I think is 45 damage per 15 seconds reload with 6k range. A heavy kannon with a single barrel, but nothing compared to prow mega kannons. Don't think the accuracy bonus will help it much.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

BeverageTyrant

Postby BeverageTyrant » 25 May 2016, 18:55

Look, we all should have been put on notice when they released their "vision" of the game going forward. Seriously, their philosophy of how the game should/will play when its done throws all kind of red flags. I think it got lost in the shuffle at the time because of all the game breaking bugs and general inability to actually play the game. As time goes on there are more and more options (games) to spend our money and time on. There's a lot of fair points made here about the game having been delayed to correct many of the larger problems. Maybe if the game had been released in a better/finished condition it wouldn't bleed players to other games like it is now. Ok enough, more and more I end of being only negative towards the game and I hate that. There is very little anymore to be positive about and I find myself rarely posting OR playing. I don't see that trend changing.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 25 May 2016, 21:14

Imperator5 wrote:While I agree about tooltips, there has been at least 3 patches since release.

Yeah bug patches. No real solid balance patches

XViper

Postby XViper » 26 May 2016, 06:23

The concerns are valid.
I haven't felt like playing for over a week.
Just always have better things to play, and I haven't even purchased Stellaris or Total War: Warhammer yet! (both of which I expect to use a large chunk of my time).

Ultimately this just isn't the game I wanted or expected.
I didn't get it refunded as I still have some hope, but its quickly disappearing.

With such low point limits and static ship point costs, there is very little replay-ability.
Every battle is essentially the same, as you can't easily change your ship upgrades and loadouts without having to 'pay for them' with requisition, which in a multiplayer scenario is stupid as hell.
They took the best most flexible aspects of the Tabletop and threw them out the window.

I was going to play again after the last patch, until I realised (to my amazement) that no Eldar changes were included.
Not to mention their first 'real' announcement to the players (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3126), was basically a big "f*** you!" to a lot of the complaints that had been brought up to date at the time.

Many aren't going to stick around on the forums and whinge and complain every day. Most are just going to 'stop playing', like I have.
The 'fan boys' respond with "Well good riddance! Better without you!", until they finally realise, a game isn't fun when there's noone playing it.

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 26 May 2016, 06:44

My biggest issue is that mp matches can take a long time to find at the moment. One of the things I really love about this game is that I can play a match in ~10 minutes. It really suits my schedule, but not if I have to wait that long just to get a match.

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 26 May 2016, 08:56

Tbh I think most people are off playing TW: Warhammer (I am). May come back later when new content is released. You can't expect BFG to compete with titles like that. Main drop in active players (apart form the expected one just after release date) was on TW release. I would expect it even earlier with Stellaris release

Amoc

Postby Amoc » 26 May 2016, 13:35

MadDemiurg wrote:Tbh I think most people are off playing TW: Warhammer (I am). May come back later when new content is released. You can't expect BFG to compete with titles like that. Main drop in active players (apart form the expected one just after release date) was on TW release. I would expect it even earlier with Stellaris release

That's pretty naive and a bit delusional considering that the decline in the player base has been steady (and precipitous) since a few days after release. TW might be responsible for a short-term dip but the game lost ~90% of its player base long before that. These folks won't be coming back. The campaign isn't replayable and the MP experience sucks. People may briefly log in to check out the SM faction, but the game will still be bad and they'll leave pretty soon after.

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 26 May 2016, 15:17

Amoc wrote:
MadDemiurg wrote:Tbh I think most people are off playing TW: Warhammer (I am). May come back later when new content is released. You can't expect BFG to compete with titles like that. Main drop in active players (apart form the expected one just after release date) was on TW release. I would expect it even earlier with Stellaris release

That's pretty naive and a bit delusional considering that the decline in the player base has been steady (and precipitous) since a few days after release. TW might be responsible for a short-term dip but the game lost ~90% of its player base long before that. These folks won't be coming back. The campaign isn't replayable and the MP experience sucks. People may briefly log in to check out the SM faction, but the game will still be bad and they'll leave pretty soon after.

Online started at ~7k and quickly dropped to 1.5k in a few days (people who did not like the game at all left). After that it stayed steadily around 1.2-1.5k till TW release. You can check that out yourself on steamcharts.

Return to “Off-Topic”