The last film you saw

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Jarrid

The last film you saw

Postby Jarrid » 06 May 2016, 23:14

Hi guys. Just a fun informal thread about the very last film you saw. I love movies and love learning ones ive never heard of and introducing people to cool pictures.

The man with the iron fists.

One of those strange fusion films full of chinese wirework martial arts extreme violence and modern beats. The plot was pretty brainless but the frequent fight scenes were interesting and well choreographed.

The lead, rza, is probably the worst actor ive ever seen. Its almost funny. And russell crow attempting to look like a martial arts master makes it worth the watch alone!

5/10

Mr Morden

Re: The last film you saw

Postby Mr Morden » 06 May 2016, 23:26

Just back from watching Cap America Civil War

Great film, well acted and portrayed, some great moments, fun lines and action but in general a more serious tone than usual.

Highly recomend.
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 07 May 2016, 02:18

Kung Fu Hustle, its one of my all time favorites so i was watching it again, up there with pacific rim.
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 07 May 2016, 02:21

Mr Morden wrote:Just back from watching Cap America Civil War

Great film, well acted and portrayed, some great moments, fun lines and action but in general a more serious tone than usual.

Highly recomend.

what was your opinion on how spidey was potrayed? Some people say that this is the quintisenntial example of how he should be potrayed and others i have heard said that they made him too young and fanboy-e.
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 07 May 2016, 06:57

Bludfist wrote:

Highly recomend.

what was your opinion on how spidey was potrayed? Some people say that this is the quintisenntial example of how he should be potrayed and others i have heard said that they made him too young and fanboy-e.

I can't stand the character but found him tolerable in this - he was enthuiastic but worked as he was so young.

amusing having a good looking aunt for tony to flirt with.............
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Turest

Postby Turest » 07 May 2016, 07:02

10 Cloverfield lane - I enjoyed it. was sad that its only linked to the original by name

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 07 May 2016, 12:54

BVS :3

Highly enjoyed, Loved Batfleck. Although he does make a better bruice wayne than Batman. I'd say he's "on par" with Bale.

Kalenath

Postby Kalenath » 07 May 2016, 13:22

Bludfist wrote:

Highly recomend.

I saw Civil War yesterday and liked it.

There are 2 basic kinds of Spiderman fans.

1) The ones who want him to be a teenager with all of the things that implies
2) The ones who want him to be older with more 'adult' themes.

This was COMPLETELY in the first category and personally? I think they nailed it with the character and the costume.
One thing about Spiderman is that he NEVER shuts up. He is always poking fun, making jokes, being a wise-ass. This is a brand new Spiderman who hasn't done much yet. Trying to avoid spoilers, he hasn't had the powers for long and is feeling his way into it. Talk about being thrown into the deep end! And after? He is REALLY feeling the bruises. Won't stop him though.

That is why I like Spidey. He is outclassed by so many other Marvel characters, but he simply won't stop trying.

And he won't stop making smart ass comments.
You deny the Greater Good? I regret that.

YOU will regret the seeker missile that is now homing in on your personal biosignature. Have a nice day.

:P

Return to “Off-Topic”