My Time Here

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby Imperator5 » 24 April 2016, 09:21

Actually I think I heard that they made Steam refund the beta, even if it was more hours played. If that is true, he could have refunded before release.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby Uksharazad87 » 24 April 2016, 09:24

HERO wrote:
Uksharazad87 wrote:
HERO wrote:
Wait, sorry, what do I lie about exactly? Surely such a bold statement can be backed up by facts.


And quote "I've done everything I can" In the context of "..for this game and this community." My counter argument is you haven't because you haven't left yet.


Oh I will, in about a month. I've said this already, many times. If things don't change, I'll drop all support for this game and just move on, simple as that. Save the date ;)


So we have to put up with you for a whole month? Great. Please go away until you post something polite, civil and constructive again. I'll do likewise.

@Ayriek Awh :_: Touché though.

@Bosie, Im sorry, and i sincerely mean this to you, but no. Hero has Burned his bridge with me, I've watched some of his stuff a while back, when i found it enjoyable. His current attitude stinks and im in the process of calling him out on it in this thread and this thread alone. wich im am Ashamed of doing to be honest. butim going to stand by my guns. If i've upset or changed your opinion of myself to something more negative, i apologise again and hope things change in the future.

And i sincerly hope form some *heavy* moderation in this thread when its all settled. Needs to get back OT.
Last edited by Uksharazad87 on 24 April 2016, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Beernchips
Posts: 824
Joined: 12 March 2016, 09:53
Location: Strasbourg
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby Beernchips » 24 April 2016, 09:26

So then why do the developers ask you guys for balance-related subjects of the game before a patch goes out?


They don t asks us before the patch. We have the patch a few days in advance, we discuss of it in our group but clearly they don t change the balance before releasing the patch. Otherwise we review tooltips, check bugs, crashes and possible things not working accordingly to the tooltip

Why not communicate this with the community if you guys are in-fact randomly selected for the most part and not used for balancing?


Because we are under NDA? you know the thingwe signed saying that we won t give informations to other people

More like I find it a laughing joke that the people they do listen to is the reason we have the game state we do now.


Funny because press reviews are quite good, people comments are quite good and Steam reviews are quite good.
But according to you they are all "poor players" or more insulting words?
Or perhaps you are just wrong...
Last edited by Beernchips on 24 April 2016, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Repent, for tomorrow you die

User avatar
HERO
Posts: 888
Joined: 27 October 2015, 04:09

Re: My Time Here

Postby HERO » 24 April 2016, 09:26

Imperator5 wrote:
HERO wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Elite testers are not really used for balancing. We mostly do crashes and bugs.

Blame me when the tooltip is wrong.


So then why do the developers ask you guys for balance-related subjects of the game before a patch goes out? Why not communicate this with the community if you guys are in-fact randomly selected for the most part and not used for balancing?

I mean, do we really want to ride this train? If we're really being honest now.


How would you know what happens on the elite testing forums?

Since I think its no longer NDA since release patch, the only thing that the Elite testers DID impact was the Imperial engine speed bonus, which was initially going to be +50 and not +25.

There, that's the only elite testing balance the developers did with us.


Your truth is a bit off there I'm afraid.

So to your earlier statement, I will reverently point out that the "elite" testers are not just bug testers that test for crashes and tooltips pre-release patch, but given special treatment to assess and provide feedback for upcoming balance-related changes.

With that said, I think regardless of what you say henceforth, it's pretty clear that you guys have a direct hand, or rather, ear to the developers :) This further attests the notion that the developers are directly asking you guys for input. Input that can either be ignored, implemented, or misconstrued. Either way, this is public knowledge now.

Edit:
They don t asks us before the patch. We have the patch a few days in advance, we discuss of it in our group but clearly they don t change the balance before releasing the patch. Otherwise we review tooltips, check bugs, crashes and possible things not working accordingly to the tooltip


Now now, let's be honest: Otherwise Pulsars would be quite different than what we have now ;)
Last edited by HERO on 24 April 2016, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby Imperator5 » 24 April 2016, 09:32

Yeah, our impact has been awe-inspiring on the game. -25 imperial engine speed upgrade, whoooo, it changed the whole game.

Greatest impact ever. Really. Truly.

You want to know what we did not manage to do?

-Make better skirmish.
-Nerf pulsars.
-Get weapon pulsars.
-Get useful novas.

Should I keep going?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
HERO
Posts: 888
Joined: 27 October 2015, 04:09

Re: My Time Here

Postby HERO » 24 April 2016, 09:37

Imperator5 wrote:Yeah, our impact has been awe-inspiring on the game. -25 imperial engine speed upgrade, whoooo, it changed the whole game.

Greatest impact ever. Really. Truly.

You want to know what we did not manage to do?

-Make better skirmish.
-Nerf pulsars.
-Get weapon pulsars.
-Get useful novas.

Should I keep going?


But yet they continue to ask you guys for feedback anyway, and only you guys, privately, when many of you have said that all you do is test crashes and look for tooltips. I find that really odd, especially when you have agreed with me in the past several times that "elite" testers' job was not game balance or gameplay-related issues.

Like I said, I didn't want to ride this train. Regardless of the feedback you guys provide in the internal forum, things are not going very well. At this stage, who is to blame?

ayreik
Posts: 61
Joined: 28 March 2016, 10:02
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby ayreik » 24 April 2016, 09:37

Imperator5 wrote:Yeah, our impact has been awe-inspiring on the game. -25 imperial engine speed upgrade, whoooo, it changed the whole game.

Greatest impact ever. Really. Truly.

You want to know what we did not manage to do?

-Make better skirmish.
-Nerf pulsars.
-Get weapon pulsars.
-Get useful novas.

Should I keep going?


His style is to ignore when he is told he is wrong and find some other little facet to complain about. Much like his complaints about this game, he is unable to function or imagine on the whole, only on the small. He most likely will ignore my entire post as well.

Shit's gr8.
Enemies of the Dark Gods, beware!

User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby Uksharazad87 » 24 April 2016, 09:38

HERO wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
HERO wrote:
So then why do the developers ask you guys for balance-related subjects of the game before a patch goes out? Why not communicate this with the community if you guys are in-fact randomly selected for the most part and not used for balancing?

I mean, do we really want to ride this train? If we're really being honest now.


How would you know what happens on the elite testing forums?

Since I think its no longer NDA since release patch, the only thing that the Elite testers DID impact was the Imperial engine speed bonus, which was initially going to be +50 and not +25.

There, that's the only elite testing balance the developers did with us.


Your truth is a bit off there I'm afraid.

So to your earlier statement, I will reverently point out that the "elite" testers are not just bug testers that test for crashes and tooltips pre-release patch, but given special treatment to assess and provide feedback for upcoming balance-related changes.

With that said, I think regardless of what you say henceforth, it's pretty clear that you guys have a direct hand, or rather, ear to the developers :) This further attests the notion that the developers are directly asking you guys for input. Input that can either be ignored, implemented, or misconstrued. Either way, this is public knowledge now.


How smart do you think the community is in general? Its common sense to assume that closed testers in a open beta are going to have the ear of the Devs before they come to the forum. Because logically. they'll look there first then on the main forum. Its not the closed testers job to bring information from the forum community to the devs, its the devs jobs. so there still reading pretty much each valid thread posted. Even individual posts if there hot enough i reckon. As a whole, Its always been common knowledge it was never denied. the only thing that has been denied is the Over-the-top-aimed-Call-out's assuming its like some secretive cult BFF's club with the devs. which its not. its a somewhat random group of player and community members who also showed a bit of common sense to troubleshoot and bugfix patches before there release during beta. there not the community representatives to the devs. there volunteer's who signed an Nda. From what i've seen of the "anti Tester" mob, is a very vocal minority. most seem ok with it. able to accept it for what it is.

ayreik
Posts: 61
Joined: 28 March 2016, 10:02
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: My Time Here

Postby ayreik » 24 April 2016, 09:39

I just realize ZERO is all mad and up in arms because he's not an elite tester. He wants so bad to feel special by the devs and did all this work for an alterior motive.
Enemies of the Dark Gods, beware!

User avatar
HERO
Posts: 888
Joined: 27 October 2015, 04:09

Re: My Time Here

Postby HERO » 24 April 2016, 09:45

Uksharazad87 wrote:
HERO wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
How would you know what happens on the elite testing forums?

Since I think its no longer NDA since release patch, the only thing that the Elite testers DID impact was the Imperial engine speed bonus, which was initially going to be +50 and not +25.

There, that's the only elite testing balance the developers did with us.


Your truth is a bit off there I'm afraid.

So to your earlier statement, I will reverently point out that the "elite" testers are not just bug testers that test for crashes and tooltips pre-release patch, but given special treatment to assess and provide feedback for upcoming balance-related changes.

With that said, I think regardless of what you say henceforth, it's pretty clear that you guys have a direct hand, or rather, ear to the developers :) This further attests the notion that the developers are directly asking you guys for input. Input that can either be ignored, implemented, or misconstrued. Either way, this is public knowledge now.


How smart do you think the community is in general? Its common sense to assume that closed testers in a open beta are going to have the ear of the Devs before they come to the forum. Because logically. they'll look there first then on the main forum. Its not the closed testers job to bring information from the forum community to the devs, its the devs jobs. so there still reading pretty much each valid thread posted. Even individual posts if there hot enough i reckon. As a whole, Its always been common knowledge it was never denied. the only thing that has been denied is the Over-the-top-aimed-Call-out's assuming its like some secretive cult BFF's club with the devs. which its not. its a somewhat random group of player and community members who also showed a bit of common sense to troubleshoot and bugfix patches before there release during beta. there not the community representatives to the devs. there volunteer's who signed an Nda. From what i've seen of the "anti Tester" mob, is a very vocal minority. most seem ok with it. able to accept it for what it is.


Well that kind of brings us back to my post on the majority of the issues in this game being design decisions. You have the general disc, then you have general disc lite in the form of the "elite" testers. Regardless of feedback given anywhere, as Imperator5 can attest, the designers do as they damn well please. Hence why we have the product we do today.

No matter how well you argue and write feedback, at the end of the day it's their game, so they can do anything they want to it. Unfortunately, I don't believe it is the right direction, and many others share the same opinion. I have made a fair amount of accurate predictions in the past, what makes you think I'm wrong about this one?


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron