Do not buy the BFG Leviathan mobile game

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Do not buy the BFG Leviathan mobile game

Postby Imperator5 » 28 February 2017, 22:45

Okey, I'm adding a link so that people don't mistake it with this game.

Image

http://www.battlefleetgothic-leviathan.com/

It is extremely unbalanced and the UI is a horrible unwieldy mess.

Tyranids>Space marines>Imperial navy is the pecking order, and it is the most rigid one I ever saw in a game.

Lets see the average tyranid vs Imperial battle. Each damage dice works pretty much like tabletop, dealing one damage.

Nids: 9 Vanguards. They kill imperials in melee/boarding.

Imps: 1 Dauntless 3 Swords.

Now, that is 1+3x1=4 attack dice, or damage, for the imperials.
Tyranids: They roll at least 9 dice, sometimes up to 12.

I feel like it is a buggy mess. But right now, you literally CAN NOT defeat tyranids with Imperials.

Torpedoes are even worse than here. If they do not hit in the first turn, the enemy will manoever around them easily.
Ordenance got tiny movement ranges each turn. Tiny is the operative word. Ships can outrun them.
How did I win once? The tyranid AI decided to turn around and go away from my imperials.
In the campaign, you can't do some battles. It is automatically destroying one of yours and the enemy's fleets.

This is one of the worst games I ever saw. Also, in the tabletop, Dauntless batteries were S4, not S1. Tyranids now fastest, shootiest and choppiest of all factions!
Last edited by Imperator5 on 21 March 2017, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG mobile game

Postby Imperator5 » 02 March 2017, 10:45

I'm not talking about this game. I'm talking about the mobile game, which is horrible. The two are totally different products by different companies.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

wing195
Posts: 13
Joined: 07 February 2016, 03:34
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG mobile game

Postby wing195 » 04 March 2017, 02:26

I bought it a while ago excited to be able to carry BFG with me everywhere and I agree. The dice roles are definitely against you as Imperial Navy, which is my favorite faction.

User avatar
Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: 23 October 2015, 08:48
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG mobile game

Postby Alexi_Menser » 21 March 2017, 01:03

Imperator5 wrote:I'm not talking about this game. I'm talking about the mobile game, which is horrible. The two are totally different products by different companies.


Possibly you should provide a link or description to make it clear which game you a referring to?
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG mobile game

Postby Imperator5 » 21 March 2017, 21:36

Alexi_Menser wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I'm not talking about this game. I'm talking about the mobile game, which is horrible. The two are totally different products by different companies.


Possibly you should provide a link or description to make it clear which game you a referring to?


I did.

Though I guess the fact that the races are IN, SM and Tyranids made it pretty clear we were not talking about this game.

Yeah, and you get less dice than you should by the BFG Rulebook. Since each dice is one damage point, a squadron of tyranid drones throws like 12-18, an Imperial Dauntless throws... 1. Cruisers at best throw 4 or 6. Plus the nids instakill in melee. So yeah, BFG Armada is truer to the tabletop despite being real time game.

It makes my Dow2 mod look balanced. There you at least have a chance to win with any race if you play smart. With Leviathan, the IN is basically hard coded to loose by being outdone in firepower by ten times.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG Leviathan mobile game

Postby CALiGeR190 » 23 March 2017, 13:43

It's the most faithful to the TT in a lot of way, torps where an occasionally useful gimmick in most cases, BFG:A actually made them way more reliable in exchange for losing most of the punching power.

The Nova Cannon is just... broken. It doesn't work at all.

Macro Cannons are bad/mediocre (how I remember them being), and Lamces are your main damage dealer (again, how I remember them being).

Tyranids are every bit as scary as they always have been in close combat, but retardedly Leviathan has buffed their ranged capacities and evasion chances...

I have no idea what this game's devs where on when they so faithfully recreated the SM and the IN only to do some dramatic buffing to the Tyranids, it's a horrible balance desision, but overall I've had fun with it.

Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's the fact that Tyranids are one of my fav factions on the TT, but I actually greatly enjoy the game. BUT, for the price it's at now, I would not recommend it either.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG Leviathan mobile game

Postby Imperator5 » 28 March 2017, 00:58

CALiGeR190 wrote:It's the most faithful to the TT in a lot of way, torps where an occasionally useful gimmick in most cases, BFG:A actually made them way more reliable in exchange for losing most of the punching power.

The Nova Cannon is just... broken. It doesn't work at all.

Macro Cannons are bad/mediocre (how I remember them being), and Lamces are your main damage dealer (again, how I remember them being).

Tyranids are every bit as scary as they always have been in close combat, but retardedly Leviathan has buffed their ranged capacities and evasion chances...

I have no idea what this game's devs where on when they so faithfully recreated the SM and the IN only to do some dramatic buffing to the Tyranids, it's a horrible balance desision, but overall I've had fun with it.

Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's the fact that Tyranids are one of my fav factions on the TT, but I actually greatly enjoy the game. BUT, for the price it's at now, I would not recommend it either.


Yeah, the problem is that there is not even a bad balance in place. There is literally an always win faction... that is your enemy.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Do not buy the BFG Leviathan mobile game

Postby CALiGeR190 » 28 March 2017, 20:30

Imperator5 wrote:
Yeah, the problem is that there is not even a bad balance in place. There is literally an always win faction... that is your enemy.

Its not 'always win' but its not balanced and very difficult to win.
I completed both campaigns on the 2nd or 3rd attempt, the skill ceiling and need for good RNG are through the roof when fighting nids, something that hardly matters if playing a skirmish with the tyranids.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests