The Gathering Storm

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
McNash

The Gathering Storm

Postby McNash » 04 January 2017, 03:25

So, Games Workshop have confirmed Cadia will be conquered by Abaddon in the coming campaign as part of The Gathering Storm project, although it seems they won't go the Age of Sigmar route with 40k as it sells well, any thoughts on the matter?
Last edited by McNash on 23 January 2017, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

Ashardalon

Re: The Fall of Cadia

Postby Ashardalon » 04 January 2017, 04:35

depends on what he plans to do with the C'tan built spires, and how the necrons will respond to that
probably a new status quo, but with no more cadia, just the border a little moved, and the gate guarding chapters trying to repent
that would give some cool book opportunity's about chapters going on crusades to repent

GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby GreySeer » 04 January 2017, 07:16

Interestingly undeniably. To the point that I will buy this book. BOtLS says that AdMech will have combine list there too. And those new models! 3 or 5 for 80$, I'm buying!

As for the story. We know not too much for now. Will Cadia really fall? Will be retaken or what? I doubt that the fall of Cadia is the end times in 40K, maybe some ground for it in the future but not soon.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

McNash

Postby McNash » 08 January 2017, 01:14

GreySeer wrote:Interestingly undeniably. To the point that I will buy this book. BOtLS says that AdMech will have combine list there too. And those new models! 3 or 5 for 80$, I'm buying!

As for the story. We know not too much for now. Will Cadia really fall? Will be retaken or what? I doubt that the fall of Cadia is the end times in 40K, maybe some ground for it in the future but not soon.

I just imagined Brutah Alfabusa doing a short where Abaddon discovers after taking Cadia there is Cadia 2, 3, 4 and so on.

Guess they are trying to turn the entire Segmentum Obscurus into a massive warzone, wonder what they are going to do with the Astartes Praeses, also, the Rock and Medusa, if the Eye of Terror starts growing then many of the systems surrounding it will be consumed by warp storms.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 09 January 2017, 11:24

Something thats relevant to this game though: the Planetkiller versus the Phalanx. Ship that can destroy planets versus the largest Imperial warship in the galaxy that (depending on sources) was either built by a primarch or is from the Dark Age of Technology. Would be pretty epic battle to watch

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 17 January 2017, 13:23

SPOILERS!

Spoiler : :
Cadia is not conquered. It blows up when the pylons overload and the Warp surges out to expand the Eye. Creed maybe dead but I'm not sure.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 17 January 2017, 20:12

Imperator5 wrote:SPOILERS!

Cadia is not conquered. It blows up when the pylons overload and the Warp surges out to expand the Eye. Creed maybe dead but I'm not sure.

Source? Certainly makes sense, I've already read a bunch of other spoilers about which characters survive and how
Creed is listed as MIA while the Triumvirate and the Black Templars escape through the Webway with the help of a harlequin

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 17 January 2017, 21:40

Scorch715 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:SPOILERS!

Source? Certainly makes sense, I've already read a bunch of other spoilers about which characters survive and how
Creed is listed as MIA while the Triumvirate and the Black Templars escape through the Webway with the help of a harlequin

Just screenshots of the book on the internet.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 20 January 2017, 12:00

Ehhhh. My copy was sanded to me today, I will got it next week, maybe in Monday. I wanted two dark elf sorceress too and they were out of stock.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

McNash

Postby McNash » 23 January 2017, 04:16

And now, after Fall of Cadia, the second chapter is coming, and it seems Ynnead, the Eldar God of Death has finally come to be!

Return to “Off-Topic”