Show off your minis!

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Show off your minis!

Postby GreySeer » 29 January 2017, 17:53

This time 2 same models but painted differently. Sorceress is the cheapest order wizard but she is not that bad at all. The problem was that I couldn't deicide my self how to paint her. Pale or with little more colour so I have painted 2 of them but still I can't decide which one I like more.

Two beta photos. On made with my cellphone. Maybe I will change them later because battery went off in my camera.

Sors.jpg
Sors.jpg (181.96 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Sors iphone.jpg
Sors iphone.jpg (127.54 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 29 January 2017, 18:13

the paler one has a nicer contrast with her clothes
would make her slightly less blue then in the top photo, she looks great in the bottom one
i would choose the one on the right, if you prefer the darker skin tone try silver and maybe a slightly brighter blue to get a similar contrast
maybe give the pale one some purple in her eyes or some eyeliner or something to bring them out

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 29 January 2017, 20:03

Ashardalon wrote:the paler one has a nicer contrast with her clothes
would make her slightly less blue then in the top photo, she looks great in the bottom one
i would choose the one on the right, if you prefer the darker skin tone try silver and maybe a slightly brighter blue to get a similar contrast
maybe give the pale one some purple in her eyes or some eyeliner or something to bring them out

hehehehe. "some purple in her eyes"? "some eyeliner"? You are talking like to someone who actually can paint. Such details like eyes are extremely difficult to paint for me. People often thinks that I'm some artist of some extraordinary skills. I'm not. I'm mediocre craftsman at best. Gab between me and most of the painters are really not that big. I am confident that if I would show someone how to paint after 2-3 miniatures he would painted just like me. It really isn't as hard as people think.

Battery charged but "Smurfette" is still purple...

Sor BW.jpg
Sor BW.jpg (205.93 KiB) Viewed 505 times

How I hate white backgrounds...
Praise the Machine God

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 29 January 2017, 20:46

if you can get her eye to be actually white, just taking an ink pen 0.01 or 0.02 (go to an art store they should have those for architects, or at least people studying for architects not like any actual architect still hand draws) and draw with that along the bottom edge of her eye, careful its sharp, maybe a little flourish at the edge if you are confident, doing it with a brush is madness
it would really make them pop
the purple in the eye, that is more difficult, but with some ink and a brush with a single hair, just giving it a little tap with a steady hand
but i admit that one is hard

careful only do this if you are really happy with how you did the whites, this will draw attention to the eyes giving the model a lot of character, but if the whites arnt done properly it will also draw attention to the flaws

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 28 February 2017, 23:00

I would say find a balanced mix between the two. One looks a bit like a more tanned Conan Exiles sorcerer, the other is almost a night elf.

I am assuming you are going for a Dark Elf sorceress.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Postby Blexus Falconer » 16 March 2017, 11:42

Greetings Admirals,

Just passing by to say how impressed I am of your talent: such amazing minis here!
Keep up the good work! :D

PS: We also have some talented painters at Tindalos. I will try to share few pictures in the coming days. :)
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Postby Alexi_Menser » 20 March 2017, 23:47

For fear of death by Embarrisside I shall not be sharing any of my miniatures. Massive armies, Poor quality painting... *Sigh*
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 29 March 2017, 15:06

My second Lord Castellan I have painted, this time in Hallowed Knights colour skim and I had exchange a few bits with model of Lord Veritant. I really love this model, he is pretty good on the table too. For his price he is a good fighter, he has good->very good survivability and good support too his stormcast friends. 2 photos because I can't decide with one is better.

Lord Castellan 3.jpg
Lord Castellan 3.jpg (200.8 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Praise the Machine God

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 17 April 2017, 12:26

Today is a lucky day for all fans of Age of Sigamar

Katarinya Greyfax - Inquisitor of Ordo Hereticus

IKG2.jpg
IKG2.jpg (79.51 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Very nice model but I hate her boots, not too much problematic to paint. I haven't painted bolter red because in my humble opinion GW is quite weird about those colourful weapons, red military guns? Yeah right.
Praise the Machine God

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 21 April 2017, 21:36

GreySeer wrote:Today is a lucky day for all fans of Age of Sigamar

Katarinya Greyfax - Inquisitor of Ordo Hereticus

IKG2.jpg

Very nice model but I hate her boots, not too much problematic to paint. I haven't painted bolter red because in my humble opinion GW is quite weird about those colourful weapons, red military guns? Yeah right.

Damn nice work!

Return to “Off-Topic”