Show off your minis!

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Show off your minis!

Postby GreySeer » 28 November 2016, 16:20

This time no Age of Sigmar whom all love so much. Tech-Priest Enginseer, great model but little troublesome to paint. I would love to have this cog pattern on every of my mechanicus robes but this is extreme time consuming to paint it.
Last edited by GreySeer on 28 November 2016, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 28 November 2016, 18:14

cant you cut it out of paper tape , tape it on then paint, shouldn't take that much time
especially since you already gave the entire cloak a withe base
maybe an hour, you could even do more intricate patterns like that
ps beautifully done

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 28 November 2016, 19:04

it is not that easy. I'm using 1mm tape now. Full 1mm strip on the age and then I'm cutting small pieces 1mmx2mm but the glue on thin tape is not that strong (I'm using a good quality tape, it is just thickness) and age of the robe is not straight. It is a very tedious work and I can't imagine cutting such pattern from bigger tape, the scale is simply too small. And "maybe an hour" is looooooong time when you have 60 skitarii to paint.
Praise the Machine God

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 28 November 2016, 19:38

And "maybe an hour" is looooooong time when you have 60 skitarii to paint.

ah, well... im the guy who made every one of his 150 gaunts unique conversions spending a month modeling each one
:( now im sad again , you made me remember that i wasnt able to take those with me when i lived on the street for a while
each model in my nid army was completely converted , i even had a hand made trygon, i spent way to much time on that stuff :lol:
worst model was a nid titan(forgot its name) with the ripper swarm upgrade, i converted 30rippers into flying ones, each with a unique wing design, that took me more then a year to finish, working on it while my other models dried

sidenote , cutting it out of bigger tape means you can use both sides, once you cut out one you only need to cut a strait line to have a second cutting ready

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 05 December 2016, 13:52

Knight Azyros this time, not the mightiest fighter in the game and his role in the battle is specific but he has wings (!) and he is my favourite miniatures ever so fare.
Praise the Machine God

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 10 December 2016, 13:10

Stormcast Eternas don't have their own wizards, they got quite good anti mage recently but no mages here. So, I was wondering which order wizard would fits to this army, and I think that Loremaster is perfect. Hi have hero level armour, maybe his fighting prowess is not a sight to behold but he is a wizard after all. His spell is a nice buff to hits and damage.

I'm not so happy with the painting. Metals are not sufficiently accented and they are flat. I have painted gems for the first time and I must say that I'm pretty happy with the result.
Praise the Machine God

McNash

Postby McNash » 17 December 2016, 05:44

I have been really tempted to get the AoS starter set and re purpose all the stuff for 40k, Khorne cultists and Berserkers vs loads of Terminators.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 21 December 2016, 10:44

Aspiring Deathbringer.jpg
Aspiring Deathbringer.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 245 times

Free Aspiring Deathbringer from GW. Maybe not the greatest fighter but guy is interesting, If someone enemy will run because of the battle shock he will consolidate and attack again. His command ability gives all mortal Khorn models +1 attak to all melee weapons in radius of 6 of him with is not bad.

McNash wrote:I have been really tempted to get the AoS starter set and re purpose all the stuff for 40k, Khorne cultists and Berserkers vs loads of Terminators.

SPvsGH.jpg
SPvsGH.jpg (152.91 KiB) Viewed 245 times

It may just happened that your chaos cultist will surpass theirs space marines masters in size.
Praise the Machine God

McNash

Postby McNash » 25 December 2016, 20:54

We can always argue it was because mutations, although this is a problem which is already evident in Dark Vengeance, maybe it's time for GW to move to real-scaled marines, as nowadays their stature looks a bit lacklusting.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 17 January 2017, 13:20

McNash wrote:We can always argue it was because mutations, although this is a problem which is already evident in Dark Vengeance, maybe it's time for GW to move to real-scaled marines, as nowadays their stature looks a bit lacklusting.

If that happened, we would hear the death-scream of a million vallets.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Off-Topic”