Show off your minis!

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Show off your minis!

Postby GreySeer » 01 September 2016, 08:57

@Imperator5 about your blood ravens. Chapters logo on the shoulders and banners are freehand? And are you using any wash at all? because your miniatures looks on those photos extremely flat.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Restayvien

Postby Restayvien » 01 September 2016, 09:27

Puchert wrote:ah back to the topic nice^^ , whats up with the extra "stilts" one the flagship? to heavy?

Yeah, the plastic is weak and brittle, and the little notches on top that fit into the hole in the models have a bad habit of snapping off leaving you with a useless base and the hole sealed.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 20:03

GreySeer wrote:@Imperator5 about your blood ravens. Chapters logo on the shoulders and banners are freehand? And are you using any wash at all? because your miniatures looks on those photos extremely flat.

Chapter logo is not freehand but takes ages to make. I spend usually 2-3 days on it.

I use Thraka green for ork flesh, nuln oil (normal and glossy) for clothes and metallics, old Baal red for old blood stains, Blood for the Blood god for weapons, Ryza rust and Typhus corrosion for orks.

For the marines I use just the tiniest hint of glossy nuln oil on weapons sometimes. I want to display them as shiningly clean and knightly, and Baal Red did not gave me good results when I tried it. Honestly SM surfaces are flat and there are very little use for washes except if you want to make them battle worn.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 12 September 2016, 23:01

Imperator5 wrote: Honestly SM surfaces are flat and there are very little use for washes except if you want to make them battle worn.

I have to disagree, well applied washes can be all you need for painting marines. Testing out different methods for painting my pre-heresy Imperial Fists, by far the easiest and best looking method was a carefully wash of Seraphim Sepia over white, followed by several washes of Cassandora Yellow, and then just highlighted and glazed. Easy, consistent, and looks great

IMG_20160909_191909283.jpg
IMG_20160909_191909283.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 655 times

(Apologies for the poor quality photo, it looks better on my phone and IRL)

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 01:22

I just prefer the clean surfaces with them, I tend to compensate for this by putting on as much detail as I can.

Golden decorations, metallic parts, whatever works.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 13 September 2016, 22:02

I'm gonna come down in support of washes. there's a lot of little detail on marine minis that really need a wash to be highlighted well

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 18 September 2016, 19:35

Here is the Dark Talon. I finished it this evening so I won't be able to check it for tiny errors until tomorrow.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 19 September 2016, 17:34

New staff

Two stormcast and slaughterpriest form white dwarf.

KH2.jpg
KH2.jpg (126.78 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Knight Heraldor. Maybe he is the most fragile and not the greatest fighter of stormcast heros but his big trumpet is really annoying.

KV2.jpg
KV2.jpg (141.94 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Knight Vexillor. Really expensive and weak fighter but his banner makes miracles.

SP2.jpg
SP2.jpg (106.89 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Slaughterpriest. He is such a great fighter that he can't even best Knight Heraldor in the fair fight and his prayers are unreliable but potent to be sure.
Last edited by GreySeer on 20 September 2016, 13:29, edited 2 times in total.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 19 September 2016, 22:30

They look very nicely painted. The sword is cool however that trumpet and sicklemoon and globe flag is just so elf. Sorry. Aelff. The standard could be easily fixed by putting on a head of a hammer or something else that's Sigmary.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 06 November 2016, 16:32

I always wanted to make a Librarian Dreadnought Azariah Vydia for my Blood Ravens. I thought the Blood Angel one looked stupid so that was off the table.

I wanted something with a giant shield and a force sword with a psycannon on the wrist and thought I could convert a Contemptor or a Leviathan Dreadnought for it.
Now this is almost perfect!

Return to “Off-Topic”