Show off your minis!

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
BrianDavion

Show off your minis!

Postby BrianDavion » 21 June 2016, 21:06

Since plenty of us play 40k or other games I thought I'd create a thread devoted to showing off painted minis. don't feel this has to be 40k, if you've got a awesome mini post it, game doesn't matter!

randuir

Re: Show off your minis!

Postby randuir » 21 June 2016, 21:08

I wouldn't exactly call that a mini.

In all seriousness though, nice job on that one!

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 21 June 2016, 23:49

Awesome Knight Brian! Here's my Hive Tyrant, not painted but primed and ready for it.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 21 June 2016, 23:52

that looks fantastic, really well posed. keep the paint nice and thin and layer (yeah I know I'm repeating my earlier advice:) ) and it'll look bad ass.

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 22 June 2016, 00:44

BrianDavion wrote:that looks fantastic, really well posed. keep the paint nice and thin and layer (yeah I know I'm repeating my earlier advice:) ) and it'll look bad ass.

I really hope so! I got the paints today at the local store (great co-owner was a huge help on painting tips as well. Warhammer 40k really does have a wonderful community):

Not the best resolution, but these are the paints I'm going to be using for my Hive Tyrant's Hive Fleet Leviathan color scheme:

The foremost row has the purple colors I'm going to use for the carapace pieces, and the white colors in the back are for the less armoured pieces, like the arms and chest. That large bottle in the middle is a reddish wash that will bring out the flesh tones in the sinewy crevices, and the red paints are for detailing the weapons and accentuate exposed muscle and blade edges.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 22 June 2016, 04:59

UlyssesASL wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:Since plenty of us play 40k or other games I thought I'd create a thread devoted to showing off painted minis. don't feel this has to be 40k, if you've got a awesome mini post it, game doesn't matter!

Never played mini myself so sadly have nothing to show.

But I think that switch next to imperial knight definitely needs some paint job too. :)

that's in my parents house, I'll tell my mom you think so :)

Puchert
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Puchert » 22 June 2016, 17:36

some pics i had lay around. hope you enjoy

"We fight & we die in the name of the Emperor. This is how its always have been - and ever will be!
We are the Death Korps of Krieg & we will hold the line!!"

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 22 June 2016, 20:17

ohh nice, pretty forge world, I like your angron.

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 22 June 2016, 21:43

I saw the third picture. I blinked. I leaned in really close to the screen, and sure enough I realized I was looking at a Warhound Titan. Great paint-jobs by the way, especially Angron!

I just finished the base color for the Hive Tyrant's skin. I didn't think this would be easy, but I never realized how much work goes into painting, especially when your trying not to smother details on a model. I'll post a picture when I have the skin colors finished.

Azrael

Postby Azrael » 23 June 2016, 00:58

If you like the Warhound, you should see the work a guy on another forum is doing. Tell me if you can guess what it is before you get to post #13 (link)

I have a few other groups of pictures for my stuff. Although, there are so many pictures it may just be easier to link the threads they are posted in.

Harlequins
Culexus and Calidus assassins
X-wing Imperial repaints

Return to “Off-Topic”