Show off your minis!

Anything not related to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
horizon

Re: Show off your minis!

Postby horizon » 02 August 2016, 06:39

GreySeer wrote:@horizon Good job. Always amazes me how some people are able to paint so beautifully so bad models.

lol, thanks.

GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby GreySeer » 05 August 2016, 18:09

LR.jpg
LR.jpg (128.84 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

WHO WILL BE VICTORIOUS?!

This color scheme suits me more I must say. No base because I'm waiting for appropriate materials. Little tricky model to assemble but for something from the starter set it is outstanding. It could be normal model from any blister.

hellraiz0r wrote:OMG, but i want him to be Uriel! ^^ anyway, the "uriel" is my first painting ever (and only until now).

I have asked because it looks like my first painting.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 05 August 2016, 18:51

Another beautiful model Grey Seer. If you don't mind me asking, how do you manage to put in so much fine detail on parts like the bones and scrolls?

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 05 August 2016, 19:24

Unfortunately I don't understand what you mean exactly. If it comes to bones I painted them using zandri dust -> ushapti bones -> screaming skull as on warhamerTV wideo about painting this model https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gAMmg2c3r4 but with the difference that I haven't use any shades and I'm not a cyborg so instead of "leave some previous color" I painted each next color more nonchalantly then I covered all with glossy varnish and I used oil wash mix stil de grain brun with little bit vandyke brown and after an hour I drove over them with dry cotton stick. Scrolls - same colors as bones but applying with airbrush, main color ushabti bones, bends to the bottom with zandri dust and up screaming skull. Letters are cavities and I filled them with tamiya panel line accent color brown.
Praise the Machine God

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 05 August 2016, 20:10

Yeah, I was rather vague. What I mean to say is, what tips do you have to when it comes to painting very detailed, in such a way as to retain clean lines while not clogging up details on the model with excess paint?

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 05 August 2016, 21:14

Yeah.... My model isn't flawless https://s31.postimg.org/a7fnifsll/LRF.jpg . There are some ways to avoid going out of the line or hiding them. Your main problem is that you just started painting and your hand is not used to holding a brush. Most of the right-hand people can't write with left hand, but they can learn, it is no more difficult than learning to write with right hand. Same with the brush, for example: you will paint the eye but you miss, because you don't have right perspective and it is hard to assume where the brush will go. I'm not too good with this too but there is some things you can do. Don't begin painting from the edge of the detail, start from the middle and move brush to the edge, some times moving to the age is unnecessary because wash will hide the gap, some times there is a good idea to lay miniature on the desk instead of holding it in the hand. Next thing is how to use the brush and what you should paint and what better to leave. Reliquary painted by my is a good example. I overdone gold frame, I wanted to paint it from each side and I went out of the line. I should just paint front side using edge of the brush, not the tip and wash would camouflaged the sides sufficiently.

To be honest I'm not the best painter. I just know few techniques and I'm trying to adapt them to my ,not to high painting skills. Painting on my level isn't that hard, there is maybe 10% skill 70% techniques and 20% right tools.
Praise the Machine God

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 12 August 2016, 15:01

LCof2.jpg
LCof2.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

Lord Celestant this time. Man this model is the most demanding one I have ever painted. Very cleverly designed but nightmare to pain if someone paints like me. I have experimented with the gold too.
Praise the Machine God

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 23 August 2016, 15:21

A video this time. My new Liberators in best looking and useful weapons combination in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU73Kr6kozA

And BTW. This is mainly why I like Stormcasts

SCvSM.jpg
SCvSM.jpg (271.76 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

There are not some fantasy space marines imitation, there are what space marines should be. (terminator is not glued to the base directly, he is pin to the sand so he is optically little taller then in reality).
Praise the Machine God

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 24 August 2016, 08:34

GreySeer wrote:A video this time. My new Liberators in best looking and useful weapons combination in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU73Kr6kozA

And BTW. This is mainly why I like Stormcasts

SCvSM.jpg

There are not some fantasy space marines imitation, there are what space marines should be. (terminator is not glued to the base directly, he is pin to the sand so he is optically little taller then in reality).

I don't know why GW doesn't make truescale marines. It would make ever marine buyer re-buy their entire army.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 24 August 2016, 10:25

Yeah, maybe you would buy such new models, so would I. But can you imagine the rage that GW have "robbed" people from their miniatures? Such rage would boiled whole water on the earth and atmosphere too. There too many model to exchange I thing for such great change in model size. But SM now are looking pectic being the hight of the guardsman or some other cultist and I doubt that I ever will buy some more SM. Those miniatures have no visual power and are really unimpressive on the table.
Last edited by GreySeer on 25 August 2016, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the Machine God

Return to “Off-Topic”