Community Story Project: Discussion and Review Page

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
Owl
Community Moderator

Re: Community Story Project

Postby Owl » 03 March 2016, 23:54

HERO wrote:So can I be a Corsair Prince in this epic story of yours?

I would love to see some Eldar Corsairs in this story. If you have any ideas on how to roll them in, post it, send me a PM, or tell me to work it out as the story unfolds.

And for the record, ALL COMMUNITY CHARACTERS ARE WELCOME!

Candor

Postby Candor » 04 March 2016, 00:16

I give it 5 Blessed Candles of the Omnissiah and a Vial of sacred unguents out of 6.

Are we doing villains too? Because a really gruesome Nurglite admiral could be amusing :D
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 04 March 2016, 00:34

Candor wrote:I give it 5 Blessed Candles of the Omnissiah and a Vial of sacred unguents out of 6.

Are we doing villains too? Because a really gruesome Nurglite admiral could be amusing :D

A Nurglite admiral would be a fantastic villain. Not only is can he kill the "traditional way," but he also poses a threat to planets and crews simply by existing. Another interesting facet of his character could be his passively aggresive attitude: he has the loving aspects of Papa Nurgle, but his way of showing it will kill in the worst ways possible.

Drang

Postby Drang » 04 March 2016, 00:36

OOC: Pick it up and run with it. Also, please, new paragraph when people talk, and one character per person. Let's run this like a narrative roleplay.

Also, a Cobra is a one-hit wonder torp boat. A Sword is more general purpose, might see a bit better blend of action than endless torpedo runs against capital ships.

IC:

"Commissar, I was wondering - good morning sir" said Lieutenant Pfeil, saluting the Commander, as he stepped off the ornate lip of the gilded lift to the bridge. A thoroughly piratical figure, descended from a fringer family of asteroid miners, his six foot-five form needed to duck under the gilded doorjamb of the lift, both to fit his head, and the extended stock of his Excubitor-pattern shotgun, slung over his shoulder, beneath it.

"Captain, sir, I will have the detailed supply report with you within the next day. The broad-brush is that consumption is holding as we'd expected, but I'm still trying to account for discrepancies in engineering". The ships master-at-arms, he had also taken over the mantle of ship logistics officer when the previous occupant had developed severe, debilitating insomnia, developing into hideous night terrors that had led to him being placed into a medically-induced coma. "Commissar, I'd like your advice on a few disciplinary matters, if you would not mind?"
"Damn the torpedoes - forward!"

Candor

Postby Candor » 04 March 2016, 00:51

Owl wrote:
Candor wrote:I give it 5 Blessed Candles of the Omnissiah and a Vial of sacred unguents out of 6.

A Nurglite admiral would be a fantastic villain. Not only is can he kill the "traditional way," but he also poses a threat to planets and crews simply by existing. Another interesting facet of his character could be his passively aggresive attitude: he has the loving aspects of Papa Nurgle, but his way of showing it will kill in the worst ways possible.

Prepares the mental gribble generator for MAXIMUM GRIBBLINESS
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

HERO

Postby HERO » 04 March 2016, 01:29

Owl wrote:
HERO wrote:So can I be a Corsair Prince in this epic story of yours?

I would love to see some Eldar Corsairs in this story. If you have any ideas on how to roll them in, post it, send me a PM, or tell me to work it out as the story unfolds.

And for the record, ALL COMMUNITY CHARACTERS ARE WELCOME!

Sure.

I think we can go with the standard story of: Corsairs start causing the Imperium trouble, but then end up joining forces to deal with the great enemy: Chaos.

It's pretty much the only time the Eldar would help the Imperium.

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 04 March 2016, 01:46

Drang wrote:OOC: Pick it up and run with it. Also, please, new paragraph when people talk, and one character per person. Let's run this like a narrative roleplay.

Also, a Cobra is a one-hit wonder torp boat. A Sword is more general purpose, might see a bit better blend of action than endless torpedo runs against capital ships.

IC:

"Commissar, I was wondering - good morning sir" said Lieutenant Pfeil, saluting the Commander, as he stepped off the ornate lip of the gilded lift to the bridge. A thoroughly piratical figure, descended from a fringer family of asteroid miners, his six foot-five form needed to duck under the gilded doorjamb of the lift, both to fit his head, and the extended stock of his Excubitor-pattern shotgun, slung over his shoulder, beneath it.

"Captain, sir, I will have the detailed supply report with you within the next day. The broad-brush is that consumption is holding as we'd expected, but I'm still trying to account for discrepancies in engineering". The ships master-at-arms, he had also taken over the mantle of ship logistics officer when the previous occupant had developed severe, debilitating insomnia, developing into hideous night terrors that had led to him being placed into a medically-induced coma. "Commissar, I'd like your advice on a few disciplinary matters, if you would not mind?"

I hear you loud and clear Drang, but having the community play characters individually would make progressing the story an extremely slow process. But you make a good point structuring the posts into more manageable paragraphs, and I made adjustments to accommodate it.
Last edited by Owl on 04 March 2016, 05:17, edited 2 times in total.

Flyingrhinoman

Postby Flyingrhinoman » 04 March 2016, 02:07

Bravo on the start, really gave a lot of flavor to the world with out getting bogged down.
For those who challenge the might of the Imperium I laugh at you as you desperately try to damage the armored prow while I watch you scrabble to doge my glorious swarm of torpedoes. Eldar please run away

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 04 March 2016, 05:07

Under-Deck News
Paper 72
Writer: Sirius Couplu

Weekly News:

The recent repairs were hard, but they are finally finished! Enginseer Mila took good care of our suits, so you give her a round of applause the next time you see her. It is because of her hard work that we only had one accident during the EVA's, but Giny survived and is doing fine under Medicae Sammy's care. During my recent chat with Commander Folt, Emperor protect him, I was told to spread the news that we will be leaving port soon for a series of firing drills. I'll be coming around for inspections two light cycles from now, and when I come around I want to see the new cooling sheaths on the barrels of the macro-cannons and the targeting cogitators insulated in fresh coats of anti-magnetic paste. We need to grab this opportunity by the horns if we hope to ever regain the Captain'c confidence, so work like the Emperor himself is watching you.

Good News Section:

1. After several worrying months, Ibanah gave birth yesterday to a healthy baby boy! Ibanah and her husband Marlin are very happy, but we need some volunteers to pull overtime and cover Ibanah's shift so she can take care of the baby. If you would like to help, head over to my station to sign up

2. News from the pipes have reached me, and it seems that the rumor of a twin-linked, short barrel lasgun with a variable stock, intended for boarding actions, was true. Quartermaster Wiln had Mila check the design for any obvious faults, and all she had to say was "Bless the Omnisiah for this Gift." I think that's the closest to a compliment I have ever heard from her, so I can not wait to drop by the armory and test out the new toy.

As always, paper is in limited supply, so please pass the leaflet on to your neighbor when your finished.
Last edited by Owl on 04 March 2016, 13:34, edited 7 times in total.

AShepard

Postby AShepard » 04 March 2016, 09:59

Nice guys! :)

Return to “Stories and Lore”