Ship profile feedback

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby Imperator5 » 21 February 2016, 21:58

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Sure. I should be able to post it here? And you can copy it. Just feels incomplete to leave one battleship out. People usually just include them all, or only the 2 basic ones.

Victory class battleship

The Victory-class Battleship is suspected to be a modified Retribution-class Battleship.
In its internal layout, the Victory-class greatly resembles the Retribution-class. It is possible that this design is the product of grafting Lance weapons systems onto a Retribution template in an attempt to replicate the successful Apocalypse-class Battleship.
However, a key difference between the two classes of Battleship is the substantial number of Lance systems present on the Victory-class in place of the Retribution's large number of Macrocannons.
The Tech-priests of Mars refuse all requests for access to their records by historians of the Imperial Navy, so the origin of this class remains unclear, though one vessel, the Conqueror, is known to have particularly distinguished itself during the Great Crusade in the late 30th Millennium to bring the Emperor's light to the galaxy after the end of the Age of Strife. When Hive Fleet Behemoth, the first major Tyranid Hive Fleet encountered by the Imperium of Man in 745.M41, four Victory-class Battleships met the threat of the Behemoth -- the Victory, Argus, Conqueror, and Hammer of Scaro. The Hammer of Scaro sustained damage to its Nova cannon while ramming the ork Space Hulk Gungedrinka and had it replaced by torpedo launchers.

To the casual observer, armed with broadside Lances, dorsal Macrocannons and a prow Nova cannon, the Victory class seems almost indistinguishible from the Apocalypse class. However, a key difference lay in the range of the Lances. The Victory's lances were only two-thirds as powerful as the Apocalypse's, however they posses twice the range.
This allows the Victory class to excel at long range bombardment, a role that the Imperial Navy has few ships that can fulfill very well. While unable to match the damage output of the Apocalypse up close, it can engage a foe with the lances without letting them get into the minimal range of the Nova cannon, and thus is able to always utilise its full armament.
It is possible that the ship's class was named after the Tribune, an Imperial Fists warship, but that ship's schematics resemble an extremely heavily modified Retribution class more.

Sources- Battlfleet Gothic Magazine issue 2, Battlefleet Bakka unofficial supplement.

I'll make modifications to the picture and slot it in as a bonus profile when I find a space for it.

Thank you. I think you should just edit it in as a second part to the Apocalypse entry, since they are kind of related. That way it would not distrubt the flow of the posts either!
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 21 February 2016, 22:06

Imperator5 wrote:Thank you. I think you should just edit it in as a second part to the Apocalypse entry, since they are kind of related. That way it would not distrubt the flow of the posts either!

I have everything in order.
Want to try to keep things standardised to two profiles per post, so I just slotted it in as a bonus.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 21 February 2016, 22:16

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Thank you. I think you should just edit it in as a second part to the Apocalypse entry, since they are kind of related. That way it would not distrubt the flow of the posts either!

I have everything in order.
Want to try to keep things standardised to two profiles per post, so I just slotted it in as a bonus.

Aaah okey! I would say that we could use this thread for feedback and discussion, and maybe keep the ship profile thread purely for your ship posts?

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 21 February 2016, 23:03

Imperator5 wrote:Aaah okey! I would say that we could use this thread for feedback and discussion, and maybe keep the ship profile thread purely for your ship posts?

That's the plan.
Although if people want to react to my profiles directly onto the topic I won't stop them.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Brutoni

Postby Brutoni » 21 February 2016, 23:33

Ah my bad. I will voice my enthusiasm in here from now on :).

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 22 February 2016, 07:36

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Aaah okey! I would say that we could use this thread for feedback and discussion, and maybe keep the ship profile thread purely for your ship posts?

That's the plan.
Although if people want to react to my profiles directly onto the topic I won't stop them.

True, but if they are asked nicely with a link to this thread, it could keep the profile one 'pure' so to speak, and people who want to see the ships would be able to browse it with more ease.
Would you be making different threads for the different races, or use one for all?

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 22 February 2016, 08:46

Imperator5 wrote:
True, but if they are asked nicely with a link to this thread, it could keep the profile one 'pure' so to speak, and people who want to see the ships would be able to browse it with more ease.
Would you be making different threads for the different races, or use one for all?

At the moment I'm keeping things in one thread.
If people get more vocal I'll split it.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 23 February 2016, 02:04

I would vote (if I was asked to vote) for a separate thread (pinned) for each race in the start up game. Four races plus SM Chapter would be easier to navigate but, whatever is easier to do while we wait.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 23 February 2016, 09:00

Actually, I think the Repulsive class is still used by Imperials too, not just Chaos. At least according to the FFG sourcebook, which says that the part for its "lost in the warp" thing is partly due to its more complex but harder to maintain Warp engine.
However, that book still has it available to imperials and rogue traders, and I doubt that those are repurposed chaos ships.

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 26 February 2016, 16:56

Hey Cal! I do have one downside to your posts. Now I want them all in my fleet. I am going nuts every time you post a new ship and class and give descriptions. Trying to fit them into a fleet selection and tactics and special roles is going to make my venture into Beta a vital necessity. I am an early backer for Star Citizen, play MWO and World of warships but this BFG forum is taking up way more time and interest than I expected and it is your fault! I just want to say - Thank You.

BTW: When you start covering the ORKs I am probably going to lose sleep, which, at my age, is serious!

Return to “Stories and Lore”