Ship profile feedback

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Ship profile feedback

Postby CALiGeR190 » 17 February 2016, 22:31

This is more just to confirm that I'm doing ok with my ship profiles...

I want to know what people think: anything I could improve/add? Anything you don't like? Favourite ship profile?

I just don't like the silence.
Silence makes me nervous.
Any comment on it would be appreciated as I want to either improve or keep things at a high standard (depending on how you feel about them). :)
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
SladeTeck
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 February 2016, 21:02
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby SladeTeck » 17 February 2016, 22:50

CALiGeR190 wrote:This is more just to confirm that I'm doing ok with my ship profiles...

I want to know what people think: anything I could improve/add? Anything you don't like? Favourite ship profile?

I just don't like the silence.
Silence makes me nervous.
Any comment on it would be appreciated as I want to either improve or keep things at a high standard (depending on how you feel about them). :)



Well personally I think they are amazing. I have no real comment other than to keep up the good work, and I've loved every profile. It's helped me create a fleet in my head and interchange swap ships out so I can have a properly made fleet when the time comes to helm the Admiralty. I personally love the Emperor class Battleship. Bigger is always fun in 40K, anyway, I'd also like to see you do other races in the game, like Eldar, Chaos, and the Orks, maybe Tau or anything else you think would be interesting. Other wise I love all that you've done and the only other comment I have is to keep up the Excellent work!! :D :D

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby CALiGeR190 » 17 February 2016, 23:13

SladeTeck wrote:Well personally I think they are amazing. I have no real comment other than to keep up the good work, and I've loved every profile. It's helped me create a fleet in my head and interchange swap ships out so I can have a properly made fleet when the time comes to helm the Admiralty. I personally love the Emperor class Battleship. Bigger is always fun in 40K, anyway, I'd also like to see you do other races in the game, like Eldar, Chaos, and the Orks, maybe Tau or anything else you think would be interesting. Other wise I love all that you've done and the only other comment I have is to keep up the Excellent work!! :D :D

What kind of fleet build?
What preferences do you have, based on my profiles?
I'm just curious, and it may help in future.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
Boraes
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 October 2015, 15:42
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby Boraes » 17 February 2016, 23:17

I really must thank you for doing these! Seriously it's nice to have all the ships listed in terms of increasing strength and power.

I can understand that the game is not going to be full 'cannon' as it has said that you'll be able to change ships armaments and in the 40k world other than some different torpedo types the ships are pretty much fix, unless you repair from wrecks - to be fair this would be pretty cool if that's how they did it in game; being able to only change ship configs if heavily damaged enough and basically 'rebuilt' rather than re-equipped.

The only info that I personally would be interested in further would be the space marine and the mechanicus vessels as well as adding in the length and overall crew compliments (if the crew could be broken down eg. X amount of fighter crews/Boarding crew but that's just an over curious me and think it'd be a call beyond duty :D )

Overall 11/10 :)
I don't die; I go to hell and regroup.

Thought begets Heresy, Heresy begets retribution

User avatar
Drang
Posts: 161
Joined: 08 November 2015, 13:08
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby Drang » 17 February 2016, 23:37

CALiGeR190 wrote:This is more just to confirm that I'm doing ok with my ship profiles...

I want to know what people think: anything I could improve/add? Anything you don't like? Favourite ship profile?

I just don't like the silence.
Silence makes me nervous.
Any comment on it would be appreciated as I want to either improve or keep things at a high standard (depending on how you feel about them). :)


I have been considering asking you to possibly roll them all into a single thread, purely for ease of reading, as I'm having to go through the forums back and forth to check them.

But on the whole, excellent work and analysis, really appetite-whetting stuff
"Damn the torpedoes - forward!"

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby CALiGeR190 » 17 February 2016, 23:44

Boraes wrote:The only info that I personally would be interested in further would be the space marine and the mechanicus vessels as well as adding in the length and overall crew compliments (if the crew could be broken down eg. X amount of fighter crews/Boarding crew but that's just an over curious me and think it'd be a call beyond duty :D )

Overall 11/10 :)

Ah.
Now crew compliments would be exceedingly difficult to obtain, as sources on the matter are scarce and contradictory... And that's not even starting on the less popular and common ship classes!

Also I'm not deliberately doing the ships from weakest to strongest: I'm doing light cruises and escorts for the Imperial navy after Battleships, I'm just ordering it based on personal knowledge and preferences.

Space marines will be short, probably slot them in after I've done chaos, and I wasn't really planning on doing mechanicus stuff: they use largly the same (though heavily modified) ship classes outside of their special Ark ships (to my knowledge anyway).
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby CALiGeR190 » 17 February 2016, 23:48

Drang wrote:
I have been considering asking you to possibly roll them all into a single thread, purely for ease of reading, as I'm having to go through the forums back and forth to check them.

But on the whole, excellent work and analysis, really appetite-whetting stuff

Um... I have...
I recently talked with one of the producers to arrange getting my ship profiles pined.

They are now at the top of the list and all in one topic for your viewing pleasure: recently started doing battleships and all future updates will be on that topic. :)
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
Boraes
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 October 2015, 15:42
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby Boraes » 17 February 2016, 23:56

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Boraes wrote:The only info that I personally would be interested in further would be the space marine and the mechanicus vessels as well as adding in the length and overall crew compliments (if the crew could be broken down eg. X amount of fighter crews/Boarding crew but that's just an over curious me and think it'd be a call beyond duty :D )

Overall 11/10 :)

Ah.
Now crew compliments would be exceedingly difficult to obtain, as sources on the matter are scarce and contradictory... And that's not even starting on the less popular and common ship classes!

Also I'm not deliberately doing the ships from weakest to strongest: I'm doing light cruises and escorts for the Imperial navy after Battleships, I'm just ordering it based on personal knowledge and preferences.

Space marines will be short, probably slot them in after I've done chaos, and I wasn't really planning on doing mechanicus stuff: they use largly the same (though heavily modified) ship classes outside of their special Ark ships (to my knowledge anyway).



Oh I get that the Spaceys will be short, I think maybe 3-4 types at most? Also was about to ask if you were doing the other races, ver pleased to see you are :)
I don't die; I go to hell and regroup.

Thought begets Heresy, Heresy begets retribution

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby CALiGeR190 » 18 February 2016, 00:05

Boraes wrote:Oh I get that the Spaceys will be short, I think maybe 3-4 types at most? Also was about to ask if you were doing the other races, ver pleased to see you are :)

Naturally :)
I plan on getting round to all the major factions at some point, it just so happens Imperials are my fav and have ALOT of ship classes and lore to get through before I can do anything else...

Chaos next, then I'll do space marines, after that is Orks and Eldar (in no particular order) and after that... Well that's as far as I've planned.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
SladeTeck
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 February 2016, 21:02
Contact:

Re: Ship profile feedback

Postby SladeTeck » 18 February 2016, 00:22

CALiGeR190 wrote:
SladeTeck wrote:Well personally I think they are amazing. I have no real comment other than to keep up the good work, and I've loved every profile. It's helped me create a fleet in my head and interchange swap ships out so I can have a properly made fleet when the time comes to helm the Admiralty. I personally love the Emperor class Battleship. Bigger is always fun in 40K, anyway, I'd also like to see you do other races in the game, like Eldar, Chaos, and the Orks, maybe Tau or anything else you think would be interesting. Other wise I love all that you've done and the only other comment I have is to keep up the Excellent work!! :D :D

What kind of fleet build?
What preferences do you have, based on my profiles?
I'm just curious, and it may help in future.



Well when it comes to personal preference I'm trying to make a as balanced fleet as possible to handle any opponents as necessary. So, no matter the opponent I will be able to respond with one fleet to handle everything. Sort of like a Jack of All Trades. Preference wise though I'm starting to lean heavily towards long range encounters with Carrier BC's as harassment options at longer ranges, and the smaller ships for fleet escort and interception. Or that's my hope in any case, very shooty like IG. With an emphasis on range and a solid defense should the enemy close to well, closer range. Then again, it may all change when I see the other races ships.


Return to “Stories and Lore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest