From the Dust (Post-Heresy Council RP) Out of Character Thread

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
ApostleOfExcess

Re: From the Dust (Post-Heresy Council RP) Out of Character Thread

Postby ApostleOfExcess » 11 June 2016, 08:37

Kadaeux wrote:Ok, High Lord of the Inquisition Apostle ;)

Thanks! I'll get an RP post up shortly.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 11 June 2016, 10:49

Out of curiosity, what role would the Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes play on a galactic stage, given that his forces are entirely committed to defending the palace? Every other role I can see having an active part in deciding what happens, but it seems like the Captain-General would be limited to an advisory role

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 11 June 2016, 11:40

Scorch715 wrote:Out of curiosity, what role would the Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes play on a galactic stage, given that his forces are entirely committed to defending the palace? Every other role I can see having an active part in deciding what happens, but it seems like the Captain-General would be limited to an advisory role

Aye, the candidates for position of the last member of the Council was hard to decide. While the Emperor may not be... awake... they Custodes still are a strong representative of his presence. So while they might not act directly as others do, their influence is still strong. (And the way I see it, gives the Astartes a 'voice' on the council without actually being on it.)

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 11 June 2016, 12:10

Kadaeux wrote:
Scorch715 wrote:Out of curiosity, what role would the Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes play on a galactic stage, given that his forces are entirely committed to defending the palace? Every other role I can see having an active part in deciding what happens, but it seems like the Captain-General would be limited to an advisory role

Aye, the candidates for position of the last member of the Council was hard to decide. While the Emperor may not be... awake... they Custodes still are a strong representative of his presence. So while they might not act directly as others do, their influence is still strong. (And the way I see it, gives the Astartes a 'voice' on the council without actually being on it.)

Fair enough. Assuming the position is still vacant, would it be possible for me to assume the mantle of Captain-General? Aside from the awesome background, theres a youtube series about what it would be like if the Emperor had a text-to-speech device that has given me a lot of love for the Custodes.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 11 June 2016, 12:26

Scorch715 wrote:
Kadaeux wrote:

Fair enough. Assuming the position is still vacant, would it be possible for me to assume the mantle of Captain-General? Aside from the awesome background, theres a youtube series about what it would be like if the Emperor had a text-to-speech device that has given me a lot of love for the Custodes.

It is vacant, so yep.

Jarrid

Postby Jarrid » 20 June 2016, 15:32

So, am I right in thinking that in over two weeks the only three people to post on the RP was myself and the two new players? The last one being 9 days ago, and none of the original players other than myself have bothered to do a second post?

Kadaeux, it is a great idea for an RP and I've enjoyed my limited part in it immensely, and you have crafted the game and the ideas for it very well. I think however we chose the wrong game forum to try and get some community interaction, as my RP went exactly the same way! This forum is looking deader than the dodo recently, and it is such a shame for such a new game to go downhill so quickly in terms of anyone playing/talking about it.

Here's hoping this will pick up. I'll keep bobbing in now and then to see if any of the players come back.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 21 June 2016, 06:25

Jarrid wrote:So, am I right in thinking that in over two weeks the only three people to post on the RP was myself and the two new players? The last one being 9 days ago, and none of the original players other than myself have bothered to do a second post?

Kadaeux, it is a great idea for an RP and I've enjoyed my limited part in it immensely, and you have crafted the game and the ideas for it very well. I think however we chose the wrong game forum to try and get some community interaction, as my RP went exactly the same way! This forum is looking deader than the dodo recently, and it is such a shame for such a new game to go downhill so quickly in terms of anyone playing/talking about it.

Here's hoping this will pick up. I'll keep bobbing in now and then to see if any of the players come back.

Unfortunately, I came to the same conclusion :/ Hopefully it does change though :p

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 21 June 2016, 10:45

Kadaeux wrote:
Jarrid wrote:So, am I right in thinking that in over two weeks the only three people to post on the RP was myself and the two new players? The last one being 9 days ago, and none of the original players other than myself have bothered to do a second post?

Unfortunately, I came to the same conclusion :/ Hopefully it does change though :p

Likewise. I'm honestly surprised people have disappeared this quickly. My time is fairly limited nowadays but I still make time to scroll though the forums and play a skirmish or two

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 21 June 2016, 11:49

Scorch715 wrote:
Kadaeux wrote:

Likewise. I'm honestly surprised people have disappeared this quickly. My time is fairly limited nowadays but I still make time to scroll though the forums and play a skirmish or two

The only reason I can think of is all the negative nancy poisonous snakes shitting up the forums, both here and on Steam, so any new blood only get a negative picture, and other people stop partaking because they don't want to deal with them.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 24 June 2016, 03:21

Sorry. I've been having trouble being motivated for most any forum games lately, despite my enjoyment of them, and without an active player base, it gets harder. Peer pressure to post is real. :/

I also feel like if I'm going to post, for an RP like this I want it to be high quality. The amount of time I need for that varies quite a lot, so I end up avoiding it and putting it off.

Others might have similar concerns, at least about the time needed. Planning for the Imperium's survival is no small task, after all :p

Return to “Stories and Lore”