Roleplay: The Last Corsican

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
Jarrid

Re: Roleplay: The Last Corsican

Postby Jarrid » 01 June 2016, 23:56

Lt.Hargrove wrote:Is it okay if I push the story forward a bit more? I don't want to 'rob' anybody from story time.

Guys push the story right ahead and include other players. Don't worry about stepping on people's shoes when including them. I don't think anyone would mind!

Jarrid

Postby Jarrid » 06 June 2016, 12:28

in 12 days since the chapter started only 2 players have posted, one of them being the new player.

A roleplay cannot exist without players. I'll give everyone 24 hours to push the story on a little. If there are no posts from players who havn't added anything in that time I'll have to close the rp as dead.

Lets try and keep it going chaps, but if interest has waned I would only be running it for myself!

Ghostrider93
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Ghostrider93 » 07 June 2016, 08:31

I'd like to see this be kept going. I myself just don't have inspiration at the moment to write anything decent, so I was hoping that someone was writing something which I could hook up on.
Furthermore I think many of us are relatively close to our exam periods which would shift some of our priorities (assuming no interrest has been lost).
Personally I am getting close to said exam situation. Nevertheless we could try to further the story a bit in the next chapter. It could also be possible that we didn't know how to progress the story in this particular chapter.

Anyway, regardless of what you decide, I have very much enjoyed reading the stories of each of us.
It would be a shame to see it die out.

Lt.Hargrove

Postby Lt.Hargrove » 07 June 2016, 16:04

Maybe we should take a longer break until the exam rapetrain is finished?

Jarrid

Postby Jarrid » 08 June 2016, 14:29

From my experience a decent roleplay will not resurrect given time as it only takes 20 min a week for a player to input, exams or not.

As such I'm calling it dead on this story as there are not enough active players to keep it alive.

The rest of the story would have revolved around tackling the chaos boarding troops and eventualy taking down the enemy psyker. The ship would then have been rescued by another sword class frigate that would drop off their own troops to clear out the chaos while the frigate flew off and engaged the iconoclast, destroying it eventualy.

However, Barnes' injury from earlier was actually a festering nurgle infected wound. It would cripple and kill him and the demon 'Samus' would then possess him and turn hus body into a gigantic monstrous killing machine.

Samus would then go about hunting the players and the friendly troops and make its way to the navigator's chambers. The finale would be the crew killing the creature before ut could conbect to the warp engines and drag all the survivors ibto that nightmare realm.

Safe to say that there would only have been a few survivors, 3 at most.

Well it's a pity this died and if ever I was to do one again it would only be with solid regular posters and you chaps who stuck with it!

Good game. The end.

Ahrtimmer

Postby Ahrtimmer » 09 June 2016, 02:14

Try though he might, Tol'Beor'Torey was trapped. 'between anvil and hammer' the thought ran circles through his mind, interupted only by the echoing thuds of oncoming footsteps.

He had slipped, lost his footing when a pipe gave way underneath him, and now he was stuck, half wedged between a metal box, a wall, and a deep vertical shaft.
It wouldn't have been so terrible really, save for the comotion his fall made, and the approaching bootfalls that answered it, and Tol held few hopes that the surviving crew were responsible.

The steps approached. Climb the box? No, nothing to grip, it didn't feel like it would support him, and he wouldn't dishonour himself by damaging a magical machinae.
Dark voices called out. The wall? No, he couldn't turn to face it.
Hands fumbled for an opening. Fight? He couldn't reach his sword, let alone swing it.

As the wall cover tore away, Tol caught a glimpse of dark soldiers with lightguns raised as he let go, falling through the dark with flashes of sickly green as lightguns slashed down after him.

He bounced, tumbling off wall as his arms scrambled to find purchase, to slow his decent. He succeeded somewhat, then with a crash his fall came to an end, he impacted a vent grate, tearing through it, shattering bone and shredding muscle. He hit the ground, his vision blurring as he saw the group of shattered giants, and the dark warriors surrounding a small band of surviving skymen. Battered, and broken, the warrior bled out on the floor.

##################

I had this prepared so I could drop in. Just made it fatal so I could use it.

It is a shame. Guess I'll just have to focus on my tenkyichi ironman budokai abridgathon now :S

Hope to try again some day.
Peace.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 09 June 2016, 02:36

Sorry mate. Real life had me too damned busy the last few days so I haven't even been able to pop onto the forum :(

Return to “Stories and Lore”