Beginning proceedings (things I may do in future)

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
Kadaeux

Re: Beginning proceedings (things I may do in future)

Postby Kadaeux » 28 May 2016, 14:51

CALiGeR190 wrote:Which Gloriana? They varry massively from ship to ship.
If you want a 'generic' Gloriana than Ampion is probably best, but the Iron Blood is what is most commonly seen.
Also the capabilities of the each Gloriana vary massively (as do their size, but they are generally bigger than a Retribution), ranging from being just 'Bigger, Faster, Battleships' (the Silver Sword, which was similar to a Retribution in arms and size but was insanely fast and Endurance which was just insanely tough) to 'Empire Crushers' ((Fist of Iron, the ship pretty much single-handedly crushing the Diasporex Fleet (a Federation-like alliance of alien and human races) and played a huge role in crushing the Interex space fleet (A race created by Humanity during the golden age of Technology prior to the Age of Strife to guard against Chaos, the Emperor wanting them to be destroyed so that no evidence of Chaos existing could reach the Imperium one of his biggest fuck ups)).

This is actually a huge problem debating Heresy-era stuff. You can't really point at any of the Gloriana's and go "This is about average."

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 28 May 2016, 15:04

Kadaeux wrote:This is actually a huge problem debating Heresy-era stuff. You can't really point at any of the Gloriana's and go "This is about average."

Exactly why I asked the question, since I could do it if you name the ship specifically.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 28 May 2016, 23:47

To add on to the previous links, this should also be quite helpful.

I have a feeling it'll largely come down to whether the Honorverse ship can deal enough damage before the Warhammer ship closes to effective Lance range.

Return to “Stories and Lore”