Beginning proceedings (things I may do in future)

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Beginning proceedings (things I may do in future)

Postby CALiGeR190 » 27 April 2016, 15:51

Well, I'd first like to thank whoever's Idea it was to separate the forum like this, its very helpful!

I have plans for this section of the Forum, I'll share a few of them here.

Multi-Universal comparisons: This will be very lore driven (given my interests and the nature of this forum section), I will basic do a full break down and analysis of fleet comps and capabilities between universes and see how they may perform in battle against each other in fleet units. You may think it'd be one-sided in favour of 40K, but after reading around, its actually closer in many cases than you may think.

Stories!: Pretty much self explanatory.

Return to ship profiles: starting up ship profiles again in here, may use a different format (since finding pictures for some ships is... difficult) but it should be fun!

That's what I've got planned for now, may have to wait a while before I really launch into any of it, I'm a very busy person these days and I don't always have time to sit down and write hours and hours of stuff to stratify into a profiles and such...
Any help would be appreciated (which is half the reason why I'm posting this before I 'randomly' come out with anything) as I am working completely alone along side official life stuff, but I'm also testing the water to see what kind of response this will get...
My ship profiles had an overwhelmingly positive response before I stopped doing them, but I'm nothing if not thorough :P
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Necroledo

Re: Beginning proceedings (things I may do in future)

Postby Necroledo » 27 April 2016, 17:09

Great idea! Not sure if I have enough knowledge or writing quality to contribute much, but I will certainly enjoy to participate on the discussions. About cross-universe fleets comparison, I think we must have this pciture around! :P

Link: http://orig03.deviantart.net/494a/f/201 ... 6lfgdf.jpg

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 27 April 2016, 18:00

Necroledo wrote:Great idea! Not sure if I have enough knowledge or writing quality to contribute much, but I will certainly enjoy to participate on the discussions. About cross-universe fleets comparison, I think we must have this pciture around! :P

Link: http://orig03.deviantart.net/494a/f/201 ... 6lfgdf.jpg

It's more than just 'this ship vs that ship' I'll be doing.

I'll be looking at:
How fleets in various universes deploy
How many ships do/can they field?
Reaction/Actions in a battle?
What tactics would they commonly employ?
Formations?
Accuracy?
Fleet vs fleet tactics?

I know a lot about 40K and Star Wars, as well as a fair amount on Star Treck and Sins of a Solar Empire for comparisons of that nature: but I need help and more reasearch/time before I can do further comparisons.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

9ec5iws

Postby 9ec5iws » 24 May 2016, 08:55

Hi, everyone! First of all, I'd like to say that I'm excited to register here! I'm pretty sure that this forum is a great chance to find out a lot of proper solutions! Furthermore, the following thread is helpful for everyone. Just go to http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/top-30-t ... -to-nature and browse this article for your individual needs!

Inspector of War

Postby Inspector of War » 24 May 2016, 09:34

Glad to see your future plans, especially for the ship profiles I do enjoyed!
Emperor DAMNIT, but do I hate autocorrect. :evil: :evil:

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 26 May 2016, 15:30

Are you familiar with the Uplift series by David Brin, or the Honorverse? I feel like those might be interesting comparisons that I haven't seen done before.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 26 May 2016, 16:51

Rolepgeek wrote:Are you familiar with the Uplift series by David Brin, or the Honorverse? I feel like those might be interesting comparisons that I haven't seen done before.

No, but if you can send me materials I'd be happy to do it.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 28 May 2016, 02:01

For the Honorverse, since I suspect there's a great deal more info on it, maybe even some specific energy numbers, though I'm doubtful on that point, here's a few links.
Apologies for it being so general, but there's a lot of stuff that you'd want to go through, if you even want to bother.
Space Weapons/Defenses
Medicine/Biology
Unique Physics of the Honorverse
Timeline, which may be relevant as a source of other techs and specifics on how they came about
Superdreadnoughts (actually one of the more common large ship types)
Destroyers
Light Attack Craft, the closest thing they have to fighters or bombers.
Battlecruisers, which were not used in the same way as Imperial Navy Battlecruisers whatsoever.
Infantry Weapon Tech, which should be useful as a portal towards infantry info and the like, if it would even come up in such a face-off.

Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Postby Alexi_Menser » 28 May 2016, 08:20

CALiGeR190 wrote:Well, I'd first like to thank whoever's Idea it was to separate the forum like this, its very helpful!

You're welcome :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll do so anyway.

I have 3 requests for Multi-Universe Comparisons.

UNSC Frigate (Halo Series) vs IN Dauntless Class Light Cruiser

Droid Warship Deliverance (Star Wars The Clone Wars) vs Chaos Repulsive Class Grand Cruiser

Galactic Empire Executor Class Star Destroyer (Star Wars) vs IN Gloriana Class Fleet Flagship
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 28 May 2016, 14:36

Alexi_Menser wrote:You're welcome :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll do so anyway.

I have 3 requests for Multi-Universe Comparisons.

UNSC Frigate (Halo Series) vs IN Dauntless Class Light Cruiser

Droid Warship Deliverance (Star Wars The Clone Wars) vs Chaos Repulsive Class Grand Cruiser

Galactic Empire Executor Class Star Destroyer (Star Wars) vs IN Gloriana Class Fleet Flagship

The Halo comparison is seriously stretching it.
The Paris Heavy Friagte (assuming that's the ship you're talking about) has a single MAC cannon somewhere between 12 Megaton and 50 Gigaton range (depending on MAC model and calibre), and that's the most powerful weapon it has.
Light Macro Cannons are in the 1-2 Petratone range.
I could still potentially do the comparison maybe with a Claymore corvette though. I don't really want to take as many speculative rule stretches as I did for the Intrepid, I didn't feel comfortable at all doing that.

I don't know anything about the Deliverance... send me materials, I see what I can do.

Which Gloriana? They vary massively from ship to ship.
If you want a 'generic' Gloriana than Amphion is probably best, but the Iron Blood is what is most commonly seen.
Also the capabilities of the each Gloriana vary massively (as do their size, but they are generally bigger than a Retribution), ranging from being just 'Bigger, Faster, Battleships' (the Silver Sword, which was similar to a Retribution in arms and size but was insanely fast and Endurance which was just insanely tough) to 'Empire Crushers' ((Fist of Iron, the ship pretty much single-handedly crushing the Diasporex Fleet (a Federation-like alliance of alien and human races) and played a huge role in crushing the Interex space fleet (A race created by Humanity during the golden age of Technology prior to the Age of Strife to guard against Chaos, the Emperor wanting them to be destroyed so that no evidence of Chaos existing could reach the Imperium one of his biggest fuck ups)).
Last edited by CALiGeR190 on 28 May 2016, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Return to “Stories and Lore”