Mysterious Warp Occurrences

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
Cryhavok

Mysterious Warp Occurrences

Postby Cryhavok » 08 July 2016, 15:29

Has anyone done an in-depth analysis of the times a group or groups were saved, relocated, or stopped by "freak" warp occurrences? Things like the warp storm around Tau space preventing the Imperium from colonizing it and letting the tau grow to the point they are now. I am especially interested in looking at what other events happened at the same time as occurrences like that.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Re: Mysterious Warp Occurrences

Postby CALiGeR190 » 08 July 2016, 15:45

Cryhavok wrote:Has anyone done an in-depth analysis of the times a group or groups were saved, relocated, or stopped by "freak" warp occurrences? Things like the warp storm around Tau space preventing the Imperium from colonizing it and letting the tau grow to the point they are now. I am especially interested in looking at what other events happened at the same time as occurrences like that.

Not as crazy as ships appearing out of the warp at their destination weeks before they entered the warp at their staging area.
Yes, this is cannon, it can happen.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 08 July 2016, 16:13

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:Has anyone done an in-depth analysis of the times a group or groups were saved, relocated, or stopped by "freak" warp occurrences? Things like the warp storm around Tau space preventing the Imperium from colonizing it and letting the tau grow to the point they are now. I am especially interested in looking at what other events happened at the same time as occurrences like that.

Not as crazy as ships appearing out of the warp at their destination weeks before they entered the warp at their staging area.
Yes, this is cannon, it can happen.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to measure levels of craziness, I am more interested in looking at what chaos was up to when they did various things. I mean I have theories about several of them, but I want to look at what was going on at times that might relate to those freak occurrences.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 08 July 2016, 16:23

Cryhavok wrote:Yeah, I wasn't trying to measure levels of craziness, I am more interested in looking at what chaos was up to when they did various things. I mean I have theories about several of them, but I want to look at what was going on at times that might relate to those freak occurrences.

Chaos isn't behind every wrap storm. They can also occur naturally or by the Emperor's interference.
Any where there is sudden turbulence a warp storm can occur, and give the warps random nature that can mean literally anywhere at any time. So I don't know if that was chaos: they barely even know they exist due to their tiny signature in the warp.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 08 July 2016, 16:37

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:Yeah, I wasn't trying to measure levels of craziness, I am more interested in looking at what chaos was up to when they did various things. I mean I have theories about several of them, but I want to look at what was going on at times that might relate to those freak occurrences.

Chaos isn't behind every wrap storm. They can also occur naturally or by the Emperor's interference.
Any where there is sudden turbulence a warp storm can occur, and give the warps random nature that can mean literally anywhere at any time. So I don't know if that was chaos: they barely even know they exist due to their tiny signature in the warp.

Yeah, that is the problem, we don't know. It could have been the emperor saying, "no these xenos have a purpose, we'll leave them alone for now." It could have been a random warp thing. It could have been an Eldar farseer setting up a distraction for the Imperium several thousand years ahead of time. It could have been a deliberate move by the chaos gods, who could potentially be playing a longer game than even farseers generally manage. That is why I am curious about it. If someone else has already done an analysis of it I'd be interested in reading it.

I am also interested in other similar events. For example, the scattering of the Fallen Angels just before they were about to lose way back when, and the entity that pulls Cypher out of danger time and time again. (I haven't read all of the horus heresy novels so let me know if those are covered in those).

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 08 July 2016, 17:04

does anyone know what happend to that chaos biker that rides trough the warp like orkspeedfreaks are trying to do?
he kinda just disappeared in the lore as far as i can find
also trying to use the "tau barely have a warp signature so the gods dont know" is kinda invalid
the tau dont have a warp signature yet, the future might change that and time means very little in the warp
it seems like a tzeentch thing to do to make a rase deliberately insignificant in the warp just to keep them ignorant for long enough to become significant in realspace and then mutate them psychic by using that ignorance, the end of the age of technology anyone?
the first expansion didnt use the warp just stasis and lots of time (i think, pretty sure), psykers were barely heard of at that time, the tides of the warp do more than just make warpstorms
things like a almost complete lack of psychers are things that happen for millennia
a natural occurrence? a plan? there is really no way of telling, its how people go crazy studying the warp EVERYTHING might be a plan of tzeench

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 08 July 2016, 17:27

Ashardalon wrote:does anyone know what happend to that chaos biker that rides trough the warp like orkspeedfreaks are trying to do?
he kinda just disappeared in the lore as far as i can find

Doomrider? Retconned. Far as I know. (but he lives on in our hearts along side the squats)
Ashardalon wrote:also trying to use the "tau barely have a warp signature so the gods dont know" is kinda invalid
the tau dont have a warp signature yet, the future might change that and time means very little in the warp
it seems like a tzeentch thing to do to make a rase deliberately insignificant in the warp just to keep them ignorant for long enough to become significant in realspace and then mutate them psychic by using that ignorance, the end of the age of technology anyone?
the first expansion didnt use the warp just stasis and lots of time (i think, pretty sure), psykers were barely heard of at that time, the tides of the warp do more than just make warpstorms
things like a almost complete lack of psychers are things that happen for millennia
a natural occurrence? a plan? there is really no way of telling, its how people go crazy studying the warp EVERYTHING might be a plan of tzeench

I said 'barely' know they exist.
I was getting at the point they serve to gain no clear advantage from doing what they did (if they did it).
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 08 July 2016, 17:33

they serve to gain no clear advantage from doing what they did

is there any better way to describe tzeensh? probably but still very accurate
but seriously that way lye madness
and if you actually start finding a pattern that just means tzeensh is seeping into our world because GW definitely didnt plan it :D

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 08 July 2016, 17:35

Ashardalon wrote:
they serve to gain no clear advantage from doing what they did

is there any better way to describe tzeensh? probably but still very accurate
but seriously that way lye madness
and if you actually start finding a pattern that just means tzeensh is seeping into our world because GW definitely didnt plan it :D

I'm not ruling out chaos, it just isn't immediately obvious.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 08 July 2016, 18:45

Doomrider was not retconned.

He was killed by the Master of the Hunt, Kor'sarro Khan, who encased his still talking head in sanctified silver and will put it on a silver spike on Chogoris on the road that leads to the Fortress Monastery of the White Scars.

As said above, the Warp is the Warp even if the Chaos gods do not take a direct hand..err..claw or tentacle in things.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Stories and Lore”