[Just For Fun]: Imperium Battleship Scale vs Real

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
Kadaeux

Re: [Just For Fun]: Imperium Battleship Scale vs Real

Postby Kadaeux » 29 April 2016, 11:55

Imperator5 wrote:
Kadaeux wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Agreed, all of these factions save SM can also be varied. A Magos may prefer an automated crane loading system, the other giant loading servitors for example.

So there is no reason why different Navy ships can not have better or worse automation, and thus have a very varied crew size.

Aye, I do think GW could do with a little less Grimdark for Grimdark's sake. In many ways I thought the lore was better in 2nd Edition before they took it way down the Black-Brick road of grim-dark. (If less consistent and the models were consistently pretty terrible :p)

From what I heard, the Grimdark was grimmest during the 3rd edition, thought 1ed was just too silly for any modern consumption outside comedy.

Yeah it was grimmest in 3rd ed by far... (Like taking all the Orks fun rules away.) Though i've heard 7th is trying to return to those black days, but i've stopped buying the TT stuff since their policy is "rip off the aussies"

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 29 April 2016, 12:18

Kadaeux wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Kadaeux wrote:
Aye, I do think GW could do with a little less Grimdark for Grimdark's sake. In many ways I thought the lore was better in 2nd Edition before they took it way down the Black-Brick road of grim-dark. (If less consistent and the models were consistently pretty terrible :p)

From what I heard, the Grimdark was grimmest during the 3rd edition, thought 1ed was just too silly for any modern consumption outside comedy.

Yeah it was grimmest in 3rd ed by far... (Like taking all the Orks fun rules away.) Though i've heard 7th is trying to return to those black days, but i've stopped buying the TT stuff since their policy is "rip off the aussies"

Honestly I think there is a taxation issue with Australia that affects more than just GW.

Yeah I just buy what looks like fun to paint, so my Blood Ravens are getting a customised Nephilim jetfighter :)

The 7th is trying to get not only grimdark but they are also going for nostalgia, but the rules themselves are horrendously byzantine and imbalanced.

Eldar pulsars here got nothing on Eldar and Tau in the board game.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 29 April 2016, 12:22

Imperator5 wrote:Honestly I think there is a taxation issue with Australia that affects more than just GW.

No, it's definitely not a taxation issue, it's bad enough, with GW and other companies, that our fair trading commission is investigating the issues.

Yeah I just buy what looks like fun to paint, so my Blood Ravens are getting a customised Nephilim jetfighter :)

Yeah, I stopped completely after GW chucked a spaz and started working to shut down retailers ability to ship overseas.

The 7th is trying to get not only grimdark but they are also going for nostalgia, but the rules themselves are horrendously byzantine and imbalanced.

Now now, let's be honest. Imbalanced is part of the game, it happens with every codex.

Eldar pulsars here got nothing on Eldar and Tau in the board game.

True, but there's less HP to play with on TT :p

Return to “Stories and Lore”