Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Share your stories about the Gothic Sector and your battle reports.
User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Imperator5 » 31 March 2016, 09:57

Image

Image
Last edited by Imperator5 on 31 March 2016, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Demoulius
Posts: 690
Joined: 16 February 2016, 08:15
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Demoulius » 31 March 2016, 09:58

IIRC they are noted as having a longer range but having only a so-so damage impact. It doesent say if the damage is better at shorter range though :shock:

User avatar
Zakalwe Blacksun
Posts: 29
Joined: 23 March 2016, 13:07
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Zakalwe Blacksun » 31 March 2016, 10:21

I could be wrong, but isn't the plasma macrocannon plasma-powered rather than equipped with a plasma-based shell? A solid kinetic round, same as the standard macro cannon, but fired by plasma power rather than whatever works for gunpowder in 40000AD?
Last edited by Zakalwe Blacksun on 31 March 2016, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Battlefleet.org - drop me a PM if you're interested in helping out.

User avatar
Anuri
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 469
Joined: 02 February 2016, 16:10
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Anuri » 31 March 2016, 11:31

There could be a plasma warhead in a regular shell for example...

User avatar
Konstance Kasimir
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 February 2016, 12:23
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Konstance Kasimir » 31 March 2016, 13:46

Give the speed with which the projectiles should be moving, I realisticley speaking doub't We'll see anything but quick flashes. Likewise there's no reason we ships should be onfire if they've taken damage because there is no oxygen.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Imperator5 » 31 March 2016, 13:53

Zakalwe Blacksun wrote:I could be wrong, but isn't the plasma macrocannon plasma-powered rather than equipped with a plasma-based shell? A solid kinetic round, same as the standard macro cannon, but fired by plasma power rather than whatever works for gunpowder in 40000AD?


Macrocannons are "gravimetric" railguns. They fire shells. Weapon batteries are not only macrocannons. There are plasma projectors, fusion beamers, missile launchers, laser cannons, graviton pulsars too.

Plasma batteries are not even supposed to be macrocannons, but rather giant plasma cannons.

Mind, separate warhead upgrades for macro cannon warheads were added by FLG's Rogue Trader game. Melta shells, adamantium sabots, etc.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

shadowsfm
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 319
Joined: 07 February 2016, 11:15
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby shadowsfm » 31 March 2016, 21:18

Konstance Kasimir wrote:Give the speed with which the projectiles should be moving, I realisticley speaking doub't We'll see anything but quick flashes. Likewise there's no reason we ships should be onfire if they've taken damage because there is no oxygen.


that's not true, inside the ship is oxygen

User avatar
BrianDavion
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 March 2016, 02:32
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby BrianDavion » 31 March 2016, 22:07

shadowsfm wrote:
Konstance Kasimir wrote:Give the speed with which the projectiles should be moving, I realisticley speaking doub't We'll see anything but quick flashes. Likewise there's no reason we ships should be onfire if they've taken damage because there is no oxygen.


that's not true, inside the ship is oxygen



yeah, a fire on a space ship is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE threat because it eats up avaliable oxygen

Meatpopsicle
Posts: 39
Joined: 17 March 2016, 04:57
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Meatpopsicle » 31 March 2016, 22:21

Imperator5 wrote:Image

Image


Plasma is what ever colour you want to paint the weapons. Just because official artwork wants to use one colour or the other, doesn't mean that's the only one allowed.

Just happens that blue plasma packs and power weapons are very popular :D

User avatar
Lihkan
Posts: 56
Joined: 11 March 2016, 23:17
Contact:

Re: Plasma broadsides - Lore-wise

Postby Lihkan » 31 March 2016, 23:21

If plasma broadsided suppose to be projectiles only accelerated by plasma, they can keep the projectile same, but give it a blue "muzzle flash". It will keep the color of Imperial Pew Pew same, but will make a difference between two different weapons :idea:


Return to “Stories and Lore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests