Potential variety

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
StormAlchemist15

Potential variety

Postby StormAlchemist15 » 16 March 2016, 20:30

So, this crossed my head when I was reviewing my ship profiles for the game. Aren't there ships from the chaos fleet still in service (reserves and Rogue Traders) with the imperium? And if so, why can't we use them as part of our fleets? I'm not saying we get all of them, because, in lore several whole classes have turned traitor or been built up by Chaos (Pestilaans were never identified in imperium records and the Acheron was a prototype), but some of the more common, still somewhat loyal classes (Repulsive class Grand Cruiser, Murder Class cruiser (Lunar class predecessor, of the 500 built only approxiamately 300-350 turned traitor) as examples).

Likewise, Chaos should get some of the more recent ships from the imperium due to crews turning traitor in the last few milennia.

Just my thoughts, I dunno if this'll get read but hey, you'll never be heard if you never put it out there.

(just saying my two main fleets in the TT were a pre-heresy imperium fleet and a Tau fleet :3)
All of our failures fuel our success in the bloody and visceral weather game of chess.

Demoulius

Re: Potential variety

Postby Demoulius » 16 March 2016, 22:06

While not all of the ships turned traitor (for some they did, like the battleships for example) the ones that did not turn either were decommisioned or are mothballed into reserve fleets somewhere in the imperium.

I think it would be confusing to have a mix of ships in your fleet though so im not to sure if this is a good idea :cry: its also not fair for the chaos players as they wouldnt have acces to IN ships either.

StormAlchemist15

Re: Potential variety

Postby StormAlchemist15 » 16 March 2016, 22:07

Demoulius wrote:While not all of the ships turned traitor (for some they did, like the battleships for example) the ones that did not turn either were decommisioned or are mothballed into reserve fleets somewhere in the imperium.

I think it would be confusing to have a mix of ships in your fleet though so im not to sure if this is a good idea :cry: its also not fair for the chaos players as they wouldnt have acces to IN ships either.

Actually I covered that, since new ships also have crews that turn traitor.
All of our failures fuel our success in the bloody and visceral weather game of chess.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”