Imperial Favour Appearences

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Candor

Imperial Favour Appearences

Postby Candor » 16 March 2016, 17:45

I just want to open with that I *love* the models for each Imperial favour, lots of nice extra details, they look really good.

I thought I'd see what everyone else thought. I think the Admech ships' colour balance is a bit off, the red looks a little washed out, and it's very... Green. To make it more "Mechanicus-y", I'd maybe suggest the red be a bit brighter, with maybe some touches of gold?

The Astartes Favour looks good, but the prow looks a bit bland at certain angles.

I know, I'm just nitpicking >.<
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

VanHoven

Re: Imperial Favour Appearences

Postby VanHoven » 16 March 2016, 18:01

I also like the chaos marks a lot, especially the nurgle favour on the despoiler, giving it teeth around it's front ordenance hangar bay. neat.

I can imagine that when you are able to alter the colour scheme of your fleet you can also adjust the colour of the favours, but we'll see.

Shaftoe
(Former) Technical Tester
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 16 March 2016, 18:48

1) Probably Devs should consider favor nose figures size decreasement. Mechanicus skull looks really huge, and inquisitorial "I" seems kinda... smashed. Like they've rammed an actual Black Ship and took they logo away.

2) I hate Adeptus Mechanicus green windows. Yes, cogitators etc, but not in every window! To make an entire window glow green they must be installed a huge cogitator screen right in front of it... each window.
I hope they will bring yellow light back, or find something neutral, because all green windows just don't make any sense.

3) Also, I'm finding Inquisition favor is too pompous. Probably more neutral light grey (not glowing!) color will fit better:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 72ba8a.jpg

4) Space Marines favor nose figure seems to be too fragile for a combat space ship.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

StormAlchemist15

Postby StormAlchemist15 » 16 March 2016, 20:32

Shaftoe wrote:1) Probably Devs should consider favor nose figures size decreasement. Mechanicus skull looks really huge, and inquisitorial "I" seems kinda... smashed. Like they've rammed an actual Black Ship and took they logo away.

2) I hate Adeptus Mechanicus green windows. Yes, cogitators etc, but not in every window! To make an entire window glow green they must be installed a huge cogitator screen right in front of it... each window.
I hope they will bring yellow light back, or find something neutral, because all green windows just don't make any sense.

3) Also, I'm finding Inquisition favor is too pompous. Probably more neutral light grey (not glowing!) color will fit better:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 72ba8a.jpg

4) Space Marines favor nose figure seems to be too fragile for a combat space ship.

I agree whole heartedly. the Astartes prow should be more utilitarian, more combat oriented and less ostentatious. the green windows on the Mechanicus ships doesn't make much sense.... maybe like a red-gold-yellow colour or something.
All of our failures fuel our success in the bloody and visceral weather game of chess.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 March 2016, 20:36

Green light could be good for Inquisition. and Ad mech could use ... either deep orange or red!
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

StormAlchemist15

Postby StormAlchemist15 » 16 March 2016, 20:39

Agreed, green makes more sense for Inquisition
All of our failures fuel our success in the bloody and visceral weather game of chess.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”