Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
User avatar
Chiller119
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 January 2016, 09:36
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Chiller119 » 11 March 2016, 22:57

I'd just like to throw my Hat in the Ring and agree with Imperator5, I really really want a customisable Skirmish. I dislike playing online, no amount of "Training" in any mode will change that for me.

User avatar
Lord-Cptn. Patilludo
Posts: 14
Joined: 10 March 2016, 17:00
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Lord-Cptn. Patilludo » 11 March 2016, 23:55

I also agree with Imperator5, been able customize the enemy, the difficulty, the settings, fleetpoints and the like is a most for PVE players like mysefl and others that like to "recreate" famous Lore engegments, or just for the fun of making up our personal roleplaying needs, like Im a small patrol fleet captain that encounters a band of pirates, or rading orcs or eldar doing their buisness and i just happen to be very zealous of the Allmighty Sovereingity of Imperial space and have the Manifest Destiny of wiping out ANYTHING not law-abiding Emperor-fearing human.

So yes, it is essential to me as well this feature.

User avatar
Gardner295
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 24
Joined: 22 October 2015, 17:01
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Gardner295 » 12 March 2016, 00:10

Well this thread is on top for now, so if devs are checking in they're definitely going to see it.
As I said before a custom mode where you basically have everything unlocked but can't customise is not a big deal for me (if they put it this way).

The skirmish *needs* to have some custom options though, I couldn't care less about pvp and I agree with the others here about roleplaying.
"Hold Fast!" "They're killing us!" "So kill them back!"

whaleboy
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 March 2016, 00:28
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby whaleboy » 12 March 2016, 00:33

Made an account just to say this, but if they change the current skirmish mode I'd be really heartbroken. A separate custom mode would be fine but removing the current mode than just throws missions at you would really be a bummer for me.

It's almost like a mini campaign mode where you just react to situations with whatever you're given and if you have the power to control what your fighting it would lose a lot of its appeal for me. Again, I'm not against a separate custom mode (Who would be against more options?) but I would absolutely hate if the current skirmish mode was changed to be custom.

Candor
Posts: 313
Joined: 01 March 2016, 15:18
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Candor » 12 March 2016, 00:45

whaleboy wrote:Made an account just to say this, but if they change the current skirmish mode I'd be really heartbroken. A separate custom mode would be fine but removing the current mode than just throws missions at you would really be a bummer for me.

It's almost like a mini campaign mode where you just react to situations with whatever you're given and if you have the power to control what your fighting it would lose a lot of its appeal for me. Again, I'm not against a separate custom mode (Who would be against more options?) but I would absolutely hate if the current skirmish mode was changed to be custom.


Well, to be honest, that's sort of what the campaign is for >:
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

whaleboy
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 March 2016, 00:28
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby whaleboy » 12 March 2016, 00:49

Candor wrote:
whaleboy wrote:Made an account just to say this, but if they change the current skirmish mode I'd be really heartbroken. A separate custom mode would be fine but removing the current mode than just throws missions at you would really be a bummer for me.

It's almost like a mini campaign mode where you just react to situations with whatever you're given and if you have the power to control what your fighting it would lose a lot of its appeal for me. Again, I'm not against a separate custom mode (Who would be against more options?) but I would absolutely hate if the current skirmish mode was changed to be custom.


Well, to be honest, that's sort of what the campaign is for >:


Campaign does not have playable chaos or xenos and you can play skirmish forever since it has no end. The two modes do two different things and I'd like to have both.

The best way to do this IMO is next to the "GO TO BATTLE" button on the skirmish fleet screen slap a "CUSTOM BATTLE" button.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Imperator5 » 12 March 2016, 01:04

whaleboy wrote:
Candor wrote:
whaleboy wrote:Made an account just to say this, but if they change the current skirmish mode I'd be really heartbroken. A separate custom mode would be fine but removing the current mode than just throws missions at you would really be a bummer for me.

It's almost like a mini campaign mode where you just react to situations with whatever you're given and if you have the power to control what your fighting it would lose a lot of its appeal for me. Again, I'm not against a separate custom mode (Who would be against more options?) but I would absolutely hate if the current skirmish mode was changed to be custom.


Well, to be honest, that's sort of what the campaign is for >:


Campaign does not have playable chaos or xenos and you can play skirmish forever since it has no end. The two modes do two different things and I'd like to have both.

The best way to do this IMO is next to the "GO TO BATTLE" button on the skirmish fleet screen slap a "CUSTOM BATTLE" button.


Why not just let you set a "random" option? That would make both sides happy. DoW2 had it. You could just go random, or select what you wanted to face and how.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

whaleboy
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 March 2016, 00:28
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby whaleboy » 12 March 2016, 01:10

Imperator5 wrote:Why not just let you set a "random" option? That would make both sides happy. DoW2 had it. You could just go random, or select what you wanted to face and how.


That's what I suggested in my last post. Currently, on the customization screen hitting the button labeled "GO TO BATTLE" just gives you a random encounter. I want that to stay but I think an additional button to let you make a custom encounter to face with your leveled up fleet would give you what you're looking for.

The button in the top right corner of the screen is what I'm talking about. You could just put a "CUSTOM BATTLE" option under it.
Attachments
go to battle.jpg
go to battle.jpg (417.66 KiB) Viewed 1758 times

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Imperator5 » 12 March 2016, 01:44

whaleboy wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Why not just let you set a "random" option? That would make both sides happy. DoW2 had it. You could just go random, or select what you wanted to face and how.


That's what I suggested in my last post. Currently, on the customization screen hitting the button labeled "GO TO BATTLE" just gives you a random encounter. I want that to stay but I think an additional button to let you make a custom encounter to face with your leveled up fleet would give you what you're looking for.

The button in the top right corner of the screen is what I'm talking about. You could just put a "CUSTOM BATTLE" option under it.


Yeah that would be fun. I just dont want imperial vs imperial sillyness all the time. Eldar vs Eldar would be even rarer in lore. I also want to set cruiser clash and I should be able to do it if I wish to.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Imperator5 » 12 March 2016, 12:32

We could just use skirmish with changable encounter type. Let me elaborate.

Enemy race: Eldar, ork, chaos, imperial, space marine, random
Map: Map list or random
Game mode: random or selected game mode(s)
Point value: random or selected. Would be better to have more than 1000 point games too.

People who like it as it is could just leave all at random.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.


Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron