Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Arcas

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Arcas » 10 April 2016, 17:10

ANBAL534 wrote:
Lihkan wrote:
Arcas wrote:Sounds ok to me, but the part about preset fleets isn't so nice.

I would really really really like to make my own fleets just like it happens in the beta solo skirmish. Also, leveling up one's fleet/characters in a coop PVE situation is one of the most fun things, IMHO - that's one of the things that make e.g. WoW so much fun.

"Whoa cool i got this new skill that i can support you with now!"

"- You will be able to play with your persistent multiplayer and solo fleets (but without persistent consequences). "

If I understand that right, you can take your MP/SOLO fleet to custom match

Yes, but what he wants it's to progress with his friend, so as long as there is no persistance in the custom games you can only progress with your admiral alone.

Yep...and it's really hard to understand why we're apparently not getting that, because everything needed for it already exists in the game and it's a basic feature of just about any cooperative online game with RPG elements.

ANBAL534

Postby ANBAL534 » 10 April 2016, 20:26

Arcas wrote:
ANBAL534 wrote:
Lihkan wrote:

"- You will be able to play with your persistent multiplayer and solo fleets (but without persistent consequences). "

If I understand that right, you can take your MP/SOLO fleet to custom match

Yes, but what he wants it's to progress with his friend, so as long as there is no persistance in the custom games you can only progress with your admiral alone.

Yep...and it's really hard to understand why we're apparently not getting that, because everything needed for it already exists in the game and it's a basic feature of just about any cooperative online game with RPG elements.

Maybe you will be able to proggress with your friend in the normal multiplayer, take a look at the disabled buttons of "2v2" and "Invite a friend"

Arcas

Postby Arcas » 10 April 2016, 21:17

Why not simply add an AI there? My buddy and i just don't want to play real PvP. We used to play other games at a highly competitive level (ESL), so we would take a PvP match way too seriously simply because it's against another human. We just want to have a beer, talk on TeamSpeak and casually stomp the AI.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 11 April 2016, 14:35

Arcas wrote:Why not simply add an AI there? My buddy and i just don't want to play real PvP. We used to play other games at a highly competitive level (ESL), so we would take a PvP match way too seriously simply because it's against another human. We just want to have a beer, talk on TeamSpeak and casually stomp the AI.

Same here. Add AI opponents to multiplayer and problem solved.

Similon

Postby Similon » 12 April 2016, 00:30

Ravensburg wrote:Greeting admirals,
Thanks,

Ravensburg

This all sounds very promising. The only alteration I would like is the ability to level up with "comp-stomp" games. Even if it still had to be against all random set-ups a le Solo Skirmish. So there's no way to wight it in our favour, or only do what we enjoy/are good at/is quickest or whatever. Just, progressing alongside my friends fleets. Growing together, coordinating from experience, et cetera.

If me and my friends have to play alone for 15 hours before we can play together, that just feels bad. And makes good cooperation a bit harder.

"Oh, it would've been really good if you'd selected that 1 skill differently before you spent 8 hours leveling that ship. Let's break and rejoin next week, so you have time to redo something you would've done first time round if only we'd been playing together..."

Again, thank you very much for what you're offering so far, and it's enough to keep me happy, but it could be so much better.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 12 April 2016, 10:08

Let me explain what is the custom skirmish mode.

- The custom skirmish offer you several premade maximum level fleets for each faction.
- there's no upgrades or favors on the premade fleets.
- An option allow you to deactivate all the technical skills of the fleet ships.
- All ships of those fleets have preset skills.
- There's no persistence in custom skirmish. (No lost in warp, no heavily damage and no ship destroy).
- You will be able to play with your persistent multiplayer and solo fleets (but without persistent consequences).
- The custom skirmish allow you to play against AI difficulty level of your choice.
- The custom skirmish will allow you to invite friends to play with or against.
- The custom skirmish will allow you to play the mission of your choice.
- The custom skirmish will allow you to set the fleet points of your choice.
- Our team is working hard to get all this implemented as soon as possible. However, the multiplayer aspects of custom skirmish may have to be patched in shortly after the game’s full release.

I hope this will fix some concerns you guys may have. Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks,

Ravensburg

This does take out the persistance part, which was kind of fun for Singleplayer but NOT fun for Multiplayer.

Can I ask a few pointers:

-Can I still gain renown and upgrade my other fleets in this mode, or make a new admiral for Custom and level it up and customise/favour the ships I level up with them?
-Can I set enemy race?
-If I import my skirmish fleet, do they keep their upgrades and favours?
-Do we earn renown in the premade fleets, can we customise them?
-Can we change their skills to match our playstyle?

I would really love to see all this implemented, even if it can not be ready for launch.

The RPG elements are really a fun PVE thing to do, and it would be best if I could use them in Custom too.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ryoken

Postby Ryoken » 12 April 2016, 18:10

+1 for coop VS AI with leveling up fleets.

I am allready observing this game and would instantly buy it when a feature like this gets confirmed. As nothing is more enjoyable than some relaxed PVE rounds with buddys an beer.

Don't need to be competitive edge all the time.

Keep up the good work!

CTCParadox

Postby CTCParadox » 13 April 2016, 02:05

Let me explain what is the custom skirmish mode.

- The custom skirmish offer you several premade maximum level fleets for each faction. Let us customise
- there's no upgrades or favors on the premade fleets. Let us customise
- An option allow you to deactivate all the technical skills of the fleet ships. Nice.
- All ships of those fleets have preset skills.Let us customise
- There's no persistence in custom skirmish. (No lost in warp, no heavily damage and no ship destroy). Nice
- You will be able to play with your persistent multiplayer and solo fleets (but without persistent consequences). Do we keep our upgrades and favours? If so they will be just better than the premade fleets.
- The custom skirmish allow you to play against AI difficulty level of your choice.Nice.
- The custom skirmish will allow you to invite friends to play with or against.Nice.
- The custom skirmish will allow you to play the mission of your choice.Nice.
- The custom skirmish will allow you to set the fleet points of your choice.Nice.
- Our team is working hard to get all this implemented as soon as possible. However, the multiplayer aspects of custom skirmish may have to be patched in shortly after the game’s full release.Fair enough

I hope this will fix some concerns you guys may have. Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks,

Ravensburg

I'll be honest, for a custom game mode there's a lot of preset/premade stuff.

Carpatheon

Postby Carpatheon » 13 April 2016, 03:56

I had assumed that coop PVE was going to be an option, as that is the Primary reason i wanted the game to begin with. Me and my buddy teaming up to fight is my favorite way to play any game. If this is not a thing, I don't see myself sticking with this game very long at all.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 13 April 2016, 11:27

Carpatheon wrote:I had assumed that coop PVE was going to be an option, as that is the Primary reason i wanted the game to begin with. Me and my buddy teaming up to fight is my favorite way to play any game. If this is not a thing, I don't see myself sticking with this game very long at all.

+1 for co-op PvE with persistency. As I said before - easy solution would be to add AI opponents as an option for Multiplayer (just make it have lower renown reward then PvP opponents).

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”