Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 12 June 2016, 19:44

Imperator5 wrote:Problems with Custom games:

-No renown points.
-Too small point limits.
-Can't set enemy ships.
-Can't get experience with fleet with it.

So in order to currently enjoy custom games without skirmish grindfest, you have to either download the save editor. Note, you can't cheat with this in MP so it should be fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1r7yS ... BoTmM/view

Here is the link to it, made by Cryptomancer. Avast says its clean , and it works with new admiral profiles.

Inability set enemy ships is by far the worst. Can't make your own scenarios like a chaos vs all Inquisition fleet. Or murderous punchfest between all marines and all Goffs fleet.

The rest would be great, especially increased point limits but the one above seems like a priority to me. And it's not like game engine is incapable of supporting this, after all it builds fully randomized fleets all the time in skirmish, I once got up against retribution with Inquisition favour and like, 3 cruisers with marines favour, boy was it awesome and climatic. But such scenarios are rare. Too rare.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Megamaiden

Postby Megamaiden » 21 June 2016, 18:08

For the moment still have the option to customize the skirmish , I would settle to choose the ships ia but in the patch have not gotten or multiplayer vs ia although I have to say that the game is much more stable and that the Marines are great, if they make customizable and you can choose skirmish enemy ships to play without serious stress for me the perfect game

Atherius

Postby Atherius » 21 June 2016, 21:03

I would be happy if they just let us select what faction we faced in skirmish to be honest. Even simply having an on/off for facing your own faction would be acceptable. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it makes little sense for the civilized races to fight their own faction. If you want to do so or not should be a choice.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 21 June 2016, 22:52

Atherius wrote:I would be happy if they just let us select what faction we faced in skirmish to be honest. Even simply having an on/off for facing your own faction would be acceptable. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it makes little sense for the civilized races to fight their own faction. If you want to do so or not should be a choice.

Agreed, though Imperial NAvy and Marines should have the choice not to fight against other Imperial factions. Not just their specific own faction.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Atherius

Postby Atherius » 21 June 2016, 23:15

Imperator5 wrote:
Atherius wrote:I would be happy if they just let us select what faction we faced in skirmish to be honest. Even simply having an on/off for facing your own faction would be acceptable. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it makes little sense for the civilized races to fight their own faction. If you want to do so or not should be a choice.

Agreed, though Imperial NAvy and Marines should have the choice not to fight against other Imperial factions. Not just their specific own faction.

I fully agree. I feel it's not right when navy and marines fight. While there are lore examples of this happening, these are the rarest of occasions. Being able to select the oponent would be ideal.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 22 June 2016, 06:39

Atherius wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

I fully agree. I feel it's not right when navy and marines fight. While there are lore examples of this happening, these are the rarest of occasions. Being able to select the oponent would be ideal.

This is actually still nothing compared to Eldar vs Eldar matches. Not only are they pain (they rely on pulsars, and they just so happen to be lances, which Eldar just so happen to counter hard with holofields), but they are about the most uncanon thing in the whole game.
Eldar will kill billions of humans just to save a small handful of their own, they'd always avoid death battle against their own kin. Probably some savage corsair could get into serious conflict with each other but such scenario is about as likely as Imperium breaking out of its stagnation and deterioration (what? I'm chaos, you can't expect me to not make fun of corpse-worshipping mortals).
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Atherius

Postby Atherius » 22 June 2016, 08:32

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:This is actually still nothing compared to Eldar vs Eldar matches. Not only are they pain (they rely on pulsars, and they just so happen to be lances, which Eldar just so happen to counter hard with holofields), but they are about the most uncanon thing in the whole game.
Eldar will kill billions of humans just to save a small handful of their own, they'd always avoid death battle against their own kin. Probably some savage corsair could get into serious conflict with each other but such scenario is about as likely as Imperium breaking out of its stagnation and deterioration (what? I'm chaos, you can't expect me to not make fun of corpse-worshipping mortals).

Eldar vs Eldar, Imperium vs Imperium, and in the future Tau vs Tau? "For the Greater Good!" indeed. No matter which civilized faction you are, fighting your own faction in skirmish ruins imersion, especially those times when that is what you mostly do. Random, yes, but highly annoying.

Leveling up Space Marines to lvl 6 and a bit I've fought chaos 3-4 times, orcs 3+ times, eldar 5+ times, but I've fought either the Imperial Navy or Space Marines 10+ times. Having Blood Angels fighting Ultramarines repeatedly makes less sense than Slaanesh and Nurgle deciding to cure venereal diseases (what? I am an Emperor-worshipping mortal, can't expect me not to make fun of deluded cultists ;) ).

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 22 June 2016, 08:51

Yeah, with the Imperium, it is very rare. With the Eldar and Tau, it is almost unheard of.

Chaos sometimes fights amongst themselves, orks usually do, but that's 2 out of ... future 6 races. Yeah this is a problematic thing.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 25 June 2016, 10:44

+1

Anything to be able to get to play my friggin' Battlebarges when I play 2vs2 with my friend..

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”