Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Sagranda

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby Sagranda » 17 April 2016, 15:41

Just out of curiosity: At which difficulty level do they seem to be an auto-loss?
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 17 April 2016, 16:53

Sagranda wrote:Just out of curiosity: At which difficulty level do they seem to be an auto-loss?

Easy.

Thing is, you just can't keep pace with an Eldar ship, so any mission that involves keeping out of reach of the opponent for a certain amount of time is not winnable. More than 50% of the time, Imperials, other Chaos, and Orks can keep their Admiral ship out of my reach for the 3 minutes it takes for it to warp out (or keep it under stealth the entire time so I can never shoot at it, but that's a separate issue.) Eldar ships can be kept away 100% of the time. For convoy defense, again, the Eldar ships can easily tear the transports to shreds, while outpacing your guardian ships to deny them effective shots (if there is any such thing, but again, another matter.) For Breakthrough Defense, like Convoy Defense, the Eldar ships can tear through the defense platforms, at which point it's a straight race to the other end of the map. . . again, You Lose. As far as Data Capture goes, Eldar can drain even hardened void shields lightning quick, steal the data, and blast away, with no chance for your fleet to close the distance back. Yet again, You Lose.

Again, this is just my experience, but only in playing Solo Skirmish. I imagine human players who know what they're doing can do even better (and not just with Eldar.)

Basically, it comes down to, if the computer randomly assigns you a mission at which your race is terrible, but the opposing race excels, you WILL lose. Setting you up to fail has never been a good strategy for any video game.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 18 April 2016, 04:55

There is a whole thread (or five) denoted to Eldar balance. Let's keep Eldar balance talk there.

This thread is about us wanting:
1) Being able to customize our skirmishes and still having a persistent fleet.
2) Being able to play vs AI with a friend for some quality comp stomp time and still have fleet persistency.

My opinion-
@ subject 1) - Skirmish should be fully customizable. You are playing that on your own.
@ subject 2) - We should be able to play comp stomp with a friend and have fleet persistency. Easy solution to this is allowing AI opponents in multiplayer (randomization of the missions are okay as long as I am playing with a friend).

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 18 April 2016, 13:17

BabyLionCub wrote:There is a whole thread (or five) denoted to Eldar balance. Let's keep Eldar balance talk there.

2) Being able to play vs AI with a friend for some quality comp stomp time and still have fleet persistency.

Yes. As I said, my posts aren't about the Eldar per se, but about how certain randomized scenarios would be unwinnable, and thus no fun. Ergo, non-random scenarios increase fun. Therefore, let us pick our solo skirmish scenarios.

We're on the same side here.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 20 April 2016, 05:44

ErikModi wrote:
BabyLionCub wrote:There is a whole thread (or five) denoted to Eldar balance. Let's keep Eldar balance talk there.

Yes. As I said, my posts aren't about the Eldar per se, but about how certain randomized scenarios would be unwinnable, and thus no fun. Ergo, non-random scenarios increase fun. Therefore, let us pick our solo skirmish scenarios.

No, no- I totally get that =3 I just did not want us to get caught up too much in specifics. Generally, skirmish should be our way of playing the game the way we want to play it. Guess we will find out soon enough =)

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 20 April 2016, 14:23

BabyLionCub wrote:
ErikModi wrote:

No, no- I totally get that =3 I just did not want us to get caught up too much in specifics. Generally, skirmish should be our way of playing the game the way we want to play it. Guess we will find out soon enough =)

Agreed wholeheartedly :)

Daemonara

Postby Daemonara » 21 April 2016, 12:34

Yep, we need co-op skirmish vs ai. :)
"A fleet of Imperial ships at war are the best negotiators..."

Meatpopsicle

Postby Meatpopsicle » 22 April 2016, 05:17

I take it that after release the skirmish won't be changed anytime soon?

TheHubby

Postby TheHubby » 22 April 2016, 09:41

I'll toss my opinion in as well.. Give us customizable Skirmish mode. I _never_ play against other people, I know my skill level for RTS games and getting constantly stomped just isn't fun for me. It actually boggles my mind that the devs thought not letting you customize skirmish vs. the AI was a good idea. Devs, hate to break it to you, but there is a reason that every RTS released in at least the past 20 yeas had customizable skirmish.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 24 April 2016, 04:08

Problems with Custom games:

-No renown points.
-Too small point limits.
-Can't set enemy ships.
-Can't get experience with fleet with it.

So in order to currently enjoy custom games without skirmish grindfest, you have to either download the save editor. Note, you can't cheat with this in MP so it should be fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1r7yS ... BoTmM/view

Here is the link to it, made by Cryptomancer. Avast says its clean , and it works with new admiral profiles.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”