Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
JesterOC@gmail.com

Re: Change skirmish to be customisable. Or give custom games persistance

Postby JesterOC@gmail.com » 13 April 2016, 15:50

I agree, let us choose our fun in the final game. The Beta is fine for forcing us to test everything, but in the final game, I hope we can choose our own fun.

Perhaps keep this mode, and then add a 100% pure point based team building game mode, where you can save custom fleets.

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 14 April 2016, 18:33

JesterOC@gmail.com wrote:I agree, let us choose our fun in the final game. The Beta is fine for forcing us to test everything, but in the final game, I hope we can choose our own fun.

Perhaps keep this mode, and then add a 100% pure point based team building game mode, where you can save custom fleets.

Lot of people making new accounts just to add their support to this CRUSADE! Err.. I mean.. Cause. I hope the developers will seriously consider if this is possible for them to do and if not let us know if it isn't it.

Oh and also @JesterOC -> You need to change your nickname asap. Using your e-mail for username is not a good idea on the internet =|

Keioel

Postby Keioel » 14 April 2016, 21:24

Or at the very least give us the options of picking the map and locking out same race fights. I have YET to have a game assisting the planetary force and I would like to at least experience this thing once in my life.

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 14 April 2016, 22:44

Agreed. Getting sick of being creamed by Eldar, and fighting my own Chaos forces. Let me bring the hurt on the Imperium!

SirGuppy

Postby SirGuppy » 16 April 2016, 09:01

I agree with the OP.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 16 April 2016, 14:40

Imperator5, maybe you should put Ravenburg's statement in your opening post, because I think that a lot of people are missing that there's something coming

viewtopic.php?p=18669#p18669
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

BabyLionCub

Postby BabyLionCub » 16 April 2016, 19:04

Sagranda wrote:Imperator5, maybe you should put Ravenburg's statement in your opening post, because I think that a lot of people are missing that there's something coming

viewtopic.php?p=18669#p18669

True, but what's in his post isn't what most people here (or the OP for that matter) seems to be looking for. People want to play co-op VS AI with consistency mainly. Customization seems to have taken a backseat, though obviously a sizable group wants that as well.

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 17 April 2016, 13:37

In addition, in my experience in Solo Skirmish playing Chaos, the following are pretty much fact:

Convoy Defense vs. Eldar: You Lose.
Breakthrough Defense vs. Eldar: You Lose.
Assassinate Attack vs. Eldar: You Lose.
Data Capture vs. Eldar: You Lose.

The problem here isn't holofields, it's Eldar speed and maneuverability, which is not something that should be nerfed. That's their thing, and I'm okay with that. But in pure PvE combat, getting randomly assigned a mission that's functionally impossible to win is just not enjoyable. Forcing a battle in which Eldar speed will win with zero chance of the player's fleet affecting the outcome really isn't any different than, say, pitting a Chaos player vs. AI Imperium in Cruiser Clash, but giving the Empire twice as many points of ships. Both end with the player curb-stomped by the AI, which does not lead to massive investments of player time (and money) in the game over the long haul.

So, yes, please give us some level of customization in the Solo Skirmish battles, so that we won't get saddled with three, four, or five no-win scenarios in a row.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 17 April 2016, 14:02

Against Eldar, you currently just loose. But please lets keep that to the Eldar topics :)
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 17 April 2016, 15:10

Imperator5 wrote:Against Eldar, you currently just loose. But please lets keep that to the Eldar topics :)

Well, not really. I'm actually starting to get the hang of them in Cruiser Clash or Defend Admiral (helps if I can park near an asteroid field). But this isn't about Eldar per se, but about randomly generated scenarios being functionally unwinnable, which is no fun. Hence, let us pick.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”