Eldar and the promise of Ranked matches

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Zamanic

Eldar and the promise of Ranked matches

Postby Zamanic » 20 May 2016, 02:33

As many of you are aware (devs and players alike), the Eldar are in a bit of a conundrum. Pulsar spam is exceedingly OP and non-counter able, yet any other strategy is so insignificant that any semi-decent player can beat it with ease. So, I propose that the Eldar balance issue be fixed BEFORE the release of ranked matches. I don't think I need to elaborate on why that would be a nightmare. Unfortunately, my only suggestions for this issue are ways to make pulsars still powerful options, yet counter able. For example, make pulsars a passive attack instead of activated, so that you need to spot the enemy before they can even be fired. This way you can actually avoid the attack in the same manner you can avoid bombers. Please lovely 40k fans, help me suggest ways to the devs about how to fix the Eldar while still maintaining lore accuracy.

*No shitposting or outright denial of the issue please.

MYNAME?

Re: Eldar and the promise of Ranked matches

Postby MYNAME? » 20 May 2016, 06:15

Eldar VoidStalker needs Buffs.

Khorne on the Kob

Postby Khorne on the Kob » 22 May 2016, 03:16

The damage of the pulsar lasers need a big nerf, they just do way too much damage. They zoom in, blast on of your ships which nukes it to less than half health. run away for 20 seconds until the pulsars are off cool down, then they do it again to finish off your damaged ship. You can't even catch them when they turn around because they have that ability that makes them do an instant 180, as if they weren't maneuverable enough. Every other weapon is just too weak, I sat behind an Ork frigate with one of my cruisers and was shooting at it with my shuriken lasers, but it just did so little damage it took like 20 seconds to get its shields down.

The Eldar have also proven to be too susceptible to lightning strikes too, since their holofield shield design does not prevent them. I think that Eldar should get regular shields just like everyone else. As it stands, if you don't go with the pulsar lasers, that fight will drag on for too long and if you lose a sail in a lightning strike your ship is completely screwed as it can't escape even the imperial war ships.

I shall bring any new ideas to the forum.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 23 May 2016, 02:15

Khorne on the Kob wrote:The damage of the pulsar lasers need a big nerf, they just do way too much damage. They zoom in, blast on of your ships which nukes it to less than half health. run away for 20 seconds until the pulsars are off cool down, then they do it again to finish off your damaged ship. You can't even catch them when they turn around because they have that ability that makes them do an instant 180, as if they weren't maneuverable enough. Every other weapon is just too weak, I sat behind an Ork frigate with one of my cruisers and was shooting at it with my shuriken lasers, but it just did so little damage it took like 20 seconds to get its shields down.

The Eldar have also proven to be too susceptible to lightning strikes too, since their holofield shield design does not prevent them. I think that Eldar should get regular shields just like everyone else. As it stands, if you don't go with the pulsar lasers, that fight will drag on for too long and if you lose a sail in a lightning strike your ship is completely screwed as it can't escape even the imperial war ships.

I shall bring any new ideas to the forum.

LOL eldar with shields will never be approved by GW. Its not in the lore or fluff either. Not to forget Shields+ holofield= Insta OP. Also you guys have 1 favor that gives you 70 pop cap.... its pretty much a mandatory for all eldar ships (which is stupid) and i think that ability needs a nerf honestly because that removes eldars "chink in their armor" Pulsars need a nurf but major buff to star cannons.
The most important part to eldar balance is not turning them into something they are not. Tanky eldar is not a thing. They need to stay true to their play style or else no serious eldar fan will want to play them

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”