Choose Ship's Captain Portrait

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Cripple X

Choose Ship's Captain Portrait

Postby Cripple X » 15 May 2016, 13:35

Could we please get the option to choose the portrait of our Ships' captains? In one of my fleets 6/10 ships have the same Captain portrait.

Could we maybe get a little arrow button on the Portraits that lets us cycle through the available options and choose one for each ship?

I also wouldn't mind if we added a female option or two for Chaos/Eldar/IN, but I understand how that request might be more difficult to fufill.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the Captain is master of his ship.

Mr Morden

Re: Choose Ship's Captain Portrait

Postby Mr Morden » 15 May 2016, 14:53

Cripple X wrote:Could we please get the option to choose the portrait of our Ships' captains? In one of my fleets 6/10 ships have the same Captain portrait.

Could we maybe get a little arrow button on the Portraits that lets us cycle through the available options and choose one for each ship?

I also wouldn't mind if we added a female option or two for Chaos/Eldar/IN, but I understand how that request might be more difficult to fufill.

It would be great - plenty of official female pics that FFG can supply. :)
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Khorne on the Kob

Postby Khorne on the Kob » 22 May 2016, 02:51

I second this notion, it's always great to have an abundance of the little things!

Lord Baal

Postby Lord Baal » 05 June 2016, 13:35

Could we get this a tad further and assign names to their captains too. Of course this would need plenty of more portraits to be done, but this will deepens immersion a lot. Specially if this means that if you order a captain executed in a moment of panic then it will change not only the portrait but the name and maybe the ship will take a hit on her experience points. So it becomes more meaning full to do this.

This could introduce a new mechanic to the game where if you execute too many admirals or too few it could have dire consequences on your rank/reputation with other factions as you may be seen too overzealous or a wimp. Striking a balance could be difficult I guess.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the captain is master of his ship.
-Popular naval saying

Cyke

Postby Cyke » 15 June 2016, 07:26

Little things go a long way sometimes. Agreed.

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 15 June 2016, 16:40

We can use our own names now :)
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 21 June 2016, 20:34

+1 for lady captains please. :P would even pay for it in a dlc pack

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”