2Vs2 Capitulation

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Revener
Posts: 74
Joined: 05 May 2016, 14:51
Contact:

2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Revener » 07 May 2016, 17:24

Capitulation in 2 VS 2 needs to be fixed, I am getting tired of losing a battle we can wwin just because my teammate capitulates.

Eithe make it so that the other player have to agree or make them lose their ships in the warp for 2 turns for abandoning whoever they play with but let that player fight on alone.

User avatar
Deuzerre
Posts: 218
Joined: 01 April 2016, 13:39
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Deuzerre » 07 May 2016, 17:25

Get friends to play the game
Ask them to 2v2
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Revener
Posts: 74
Joined: 05 May 2016, 14:51
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Revener » 07 May 2016, 18:47

Deuzerre wrote:Get friends to play the game
Ask them to 2v2

Thats is not a solution to something that should not happen in the first place.

How about not posting stupid comments :P

User avatar
Deuzerre
Posts: 218
Joined: 01 April 2016, 13:39
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Deuzerre » 07 May 2016, 19:20

How about not posting stupid threads?
You will never be able to rely on allies that you don't personally know. Some will carry you, some will drag you down to hell with them, and sometimes the bad one is in the other team.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Revener
Posts: 74
Joined: 05 May 2016, 14:51
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Revener » 07 May 2016, 22:22

Deuzerre wrote:How about not posting stupid threads?
You will never be able to rely on allies that you don't personally know. Some will carry you, some will drag you down to hell with them, and sometimes the bad one is in the other team.


Come on stop trolling I won't take the bait.

It is clearly a programing error or just something that they missed. It is really odd that in a 2 VS 2 the teammate can capitulate for you and give the enemy a free victory.
At the start of the game fine, but I have had teammates that capitulate when we are about to win. Usually dead ones that want to leave the match I guess.

Bad teamates are something totally different and I expect to get them it happens.

Revener
Posts: 74
Joined: 05 May 2016, 14:51
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Revener » 07 May 2016, 23:04

Hm.. I had a thought, could it be that the game crash for them ?

Still should not auto capitulate though.

User avatar
Deuzerre
Posts: 218
Joined: 01 April 2016, 13:39
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Deuzerre » 08 May 2016, 02:20

Revener wrote:It is clearly a programing error or just something that they missed. It is really odd that in a 2 VS 2 the teammate can capitulate for you and give the enemy a free victory.
At the start of the game fine, but I have had teammates that capitulate when we are about to win. Usually dead ones that want to leave the match I guess.

Bad teamates are something totally different and I expect to get them it happens.


Maybe it's a human brain programming error on the player's side.
I'm not trolling, but I think you have overexpectations and unrealistic demands. Nothing else. The devs can't handhold players into trying to play properly or spank the ones that misbehave.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

User avatar
TheWorldSmith
Posts: 64
Joined: 09 April 2016, 14:03
Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby TheWorldSmith » 08 May 2016, 06:37

Let's not make this a discussion about the human psyche, alright guys?

I support the OP's point. Sometimes players want to leave early, and that's their prerogative, but those of us who want to stay in the fight and win shouldn't be made to capitulate also. There's been too many occasions where I should have won, but actually lost due to my teammate being seemingly impatient.

Give me, the player, the choice whether or not to continue fighting. I don't want my own progress against the opponents to be invalidated by my teammate having to bug out of the match.

If we want to capitulate after our allies have, that's fine, but let it be our choice to do so or not!
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live!" - Exterminatus Extremis, M41

Revener
Posts: 74
Joined: 05 May 2016, 14:51
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby Revener » 08 May 2016, 13:01

Deuzerre wrote:
Revener wrote:It is clearly a programing error or just something that they missed. It is really odd that in a 2 VS 2 the teammate can capitulate for you and give the enemy a free victory.
At the start of the game fine, but I have had teammates that capitulate when we are about to win. Usually dead ones that want to leave the match I guess.

Bad teamates are something totally different and I expect to get them it happens.


Maybe it's a human brain programming error on the player's side.
I'm not trolling, but I think you have overexpectations and unrealistic demands. Nothing else. The devs can't handhold players into trying to play properly or spank the ones that misbehave.


Well if you are not trolling then you are deliberatly being daft.
IT IS NOT abou the players at all, it have nothing to do with them period.
Others players should not in anyway shape or form be allowed to decide if I capitulate or not.
This is clearly a programming oversight, wich is why I brought it up.
You started to say live it with and expect it from bad teammates. Wich is totally irrelevant.
If this was a real battleand my allies either withdraw or attack it is I who decided what to do not them.
This is a multiplayer game and giving your teamate the power to capitulate for you is basicaly giving them the power to grief you.,

User avatar
XViper
Posts: 160
Joined: 23 April 2016, 17:15
Contact:

Re: 2Vs2 Capitulation

Postby XViper » 08 May 2016, 13:12

Just have the AI take over when your teammate surrenders/leaves??

Like almost every other game in existence.

Anyone who pretends this isn't a valid problem is an idiot.


Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron