DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby Uksharazad87 » 24 April 2016, 11:34

DLC PACK Price $10-25/30 (Its more of a large thing.... you'll see)

Add into Custom games & skirmish and create a New Multilayer mode & Lobby Named as the DLC "Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector." The Nemesis Ships from the Campaign, The Eldar Prince, The Ork warboss, the Rokk (Hulk), the Planet Killer, all of the Heroes of the Imperium from all factions. Fabricator Cambruis on his Admech Cruiser (GW Admech model) Solar Admiral Spire, Lord admiral Ravensburg, Capitan Tiberuis of the Imperial Fists on his battle-barge.

Each and every ship would be true to the fluff for that ship & there in game representation. (Terminus Est, Captain - Typhus, herald of Nurgle. Desolator class battleship with Mark of nurgle. Has the Nemesis ship rules too (Free MON for all Ships in the same fleet.))

Implementation of Free Favours with certain Favours. (admechs free skill and upgrade): In the gamemode lobby's Port maw with your Admiral. IF you took Fabricator Cambruis's Ship in your roster, Every ship without a favour Not including escorts (there's a fun idea, but way too op if escorts could take a skill AND a fourth upgrade) would gain a free Mechanicum Favour. choose your skills etc accordingly.

Free Favours granted by Nemesis / Hero / Xenos Ship Admirals would always be over-writeable but a unfavored ship would not be available.

Additionally Each and every ship in this pack would additionally come with unique Ship-Admiral / Captain Pictures to suit there ship. They will also Engage in Scripted Conversations and taunts with other "Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector." Present in the battle. Friendly AND enemy. eg: Ravensburg Vs Ravensburg Mirror (for lols) "What foul trickery is this!? I dont know who you are but you are not whom you claim to be! Master gunner! Bomber command! Ready yourselves! I want to see the whites of there eyes before you unleash the Emperors wrath!"

Cambruis Vs Abbadon: "Picking up known enemy target at 25 thousand Kilometers. Assessing data. Confirm: Planet killer. Calculating weapons logistics for maximum effect. Calculating Trajectory's for Critical systems, Calculating outcome of battle: Favorable Prais the Omnisiah" > "Bwahahahaha! Show this worthless cog worshipper not to trifle a True Warmaster of Chaos. I was there when he Fell. FIRE THE ARMAGEDDON GUN"

etc.

So. Whaddya Think?

User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby Uksharazad87 » 24 April 2016, 11:50

Not going to edit, i feel this requires its own post. I know exactly what im asking for if the devs were to implement this, i fully understand the absolute MAMMOTH task it will be for the coding etc just for a small part of my idea.

User avatar
TheWorldSmith
Posts: 64
Joined: 09 April 2016, 14:03
Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby TheWorldSmith » 27 April 2016, 02:15

It certainly would be an interesting variant of the game! :D
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realize that you have no right to let them live!" - Exterminatus Extremis, M41

yamato2cz
Posts: 72
Joined: 15 April 2016, 19:51
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby yamato2cz » 27 April 2016, 06:02

i really really WANT to fight the ork base once more. was quite funny.

relkin43
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:46
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby relkin43 » 27 April 2016, 21:06

I mean...now simply isn't the time. First of all there are a ton of ships that have been omitted for w/e reason already. Secondly the point cap is way too low to do the sort of stuff you are talken about - admec ships are insanely powerful and therefor very expensive ditto with any "named" ships like you are talking about. Lastly you are asking for this to be DLC when this is largely a rehash of models already ingame with some minor tweaks. That sort of thing shouldn't be DLC esp given the sort of power you are talking about selling (srsly free favors?) - I mean that would have a massive negative impact on the community. Better off adding factions and selling campaign DLC.

User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby Uksharazad87 » 27 April 2016, 22:35

relkin43 wrote:I mean...now simply isn't the time. First of all there are a ton of ships that have been omitted for w/e reason already. Secondly the point cap is way too low to do the sort of stuff you are talken about - admec ships are insanely powerful and therefor very expensive ditto with any "named" ships like you are talking about. Lastly you are asking for this to be DLC when this is largely a rehash of models already ingame with some minor tweaks. That sort of thing shouldn't be DLC esp given the sort of power you are talking about selling (srsly free favors?) - I mean that would have a massive negative impact on the community. Better off adding factions and selling campaign DLC.


Its an idea, it hasn't got a "sell by date" attached to it.

*If* they deicide to do it i dont care if its after 2 months, 2 years ect.

From seeing them in the campaign, & the epic voice acting of this game is what first gave me the idea for this.

I agree, the point cap is set too low but: Thats not the topic at hand here. There are quite a few Posts in this very section f the forums about that :)

please dont just post saying

"Lastly you are asking for this to be DLC when this is largely a rehash of models already ingame with some minor tweaks. That sort of thing shouldn't be DLC esp given the sort of power you are talking about selling (srsly free favors?) - I mean that would have a massive negative impact on the community. Better off adding factions and selling campaign DLC."

Post why please hun, I'd like to know. :)


;Why would it negatively effect the community with a separate lobby for MP game using the dlc?

;Free favours is what nemesis ships do, i honestly don't see an issue with this, naturally the ships point cost would have to reflect its extra rules. and that difference in points compared to a stock ship of the same class would be quite large. What points difference would you recommend? (naturally assuming the points ceiling is 1000pts, *and* they dont split points in 2v2 any-more (grrr))

Whats the issue with this being a DLC idea? Cmon. Personally i dont do free handouts. I dont ask for them, so when it happens its amazing. Also, my second post says that i understand that doing this would take time. (And thus, should be done when the games in a stable and balanced state)

Edit: becuase im blind :_:

User avatar
Kadaeux
Posts: 517
Joined: 05 November 2015, 05:38
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby Kadaeux » 28 April 2016, 11:43

relkin43 wrote:I mean...now simply isn't the time. First of all there are a ton of ships that have been omitted for w/e reason already.


The ONLY ship that has been Omitted was the Repulsive Grand Cruiser. And non-vanilla ships were added to the Eldar and Ork fleets. Remember. The release was the STOCK BFG, it was never intended to include stuff from Armada or the dubiously canon 2010 Compendium.

relkin43
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:46
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby relkin43 » 29 April 2016, 19:33

Uksharazad87 wrote:
relkin43 wrote:I mean...now simply isn't the time. First of all there are a ton of ships that have been omitted for w/e reason already. Secondly the point cap is way too low to do the sort of stuff you are talken about - admec ships are insanely powerful and therefor very expensive ditto with any "named" ships like you are talking about. Lastly you are asking for this to be DLC when this is largely a rehash of models already ingame with some minor tweaks. That sort of thing shouldn't be DLC esp given the sort of power you are talking about selling (srsly free favors?) - I mean that would have a massive negative impact on the community. Better off adding factions and selling campaign DLC.


Its an idea, it hasn't got a "sell by date" attached to it.

*If* they deicide to do it i dont care if its after 2 months, 2 years ect.

From seeing them in the campaign, & the epic voice acting of this game is what first gave me the idea for this.

I agree, the point cap is set too low but: Thats not the topic at hand here. There are quite a few Posts in this very section f the forums about that :)

please dont just post saying

"Lastly you are asking for this to be DLC when this is largely a rehash of models already ingame with some minor tweaks. That sort of thing shouldn't be DLC esp given the sort of power you are talking about selling (srsly free favors?) - I mean that would have a massive negative impact on the community. Better off adding factions and selling campaign DLC."

Post why please hun, I'd like to know. :)


;Why would it negatively effect the community with a separate lobby for MP game using the dlc?

;Free favours is what nemesis ships do, i honestly don't see an issue with this, naturally the ships point cost would have to reflect its extra rules. and that difference in points compared to a stock ship of the same class would be quite large. What points difference would you recommend? (naturally assuming the points ceiling is 1000pts, *and* they dont split points in 2v2 any-more (grrr))

Whats the issue with this being a DLC idea? Cmon. Personally i dont do free handouts. I dont ask for them, so when it happens its amazing. Also, my second post says that i understand that doing this would take time. (And thus, should be done when the games in a stable and balanced state)

Edit: becuase im blind :_:


I'm not a Hun! I don't even own a horse!

On an unrelated note. Well splitting MP lobbies based upon DLC is always bad for a games health as it fractures friend groups and the playerbase. If you put it all in one lobby then you end up with people with really strong stuff that they paid for like free favors and everybody else who doesn't who will be (justifiably) sour about that. Furthermore when the models and animations are already in game I mean...that's a good deal of work out of the way already (in regards to why splitting base with paid dlc for it is a not great idea).

I brought up point cost simply because it would need to be changed for this stuff to work - I mean 1500 or bust :b (which we now know due to the Ravens post in the Roadmap thread is related to their netcode and client performance *sigh* so we may never see that increase).


To the other person because I'm apparently too stupid to multi-qoute: the game IS called Armada so I sort of assume that xpac is included in the overall scope of the game. Furthermore they are adding Forgeworld Tau (RIPbutatleastitsnotNecrons) so we fullscope is def at play here. Also I'm mostly sour about not getting to field any Apocalypse BB's >:b

User avatar
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 310
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:40
Location: Chatteris; United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby Uksharazad87 » 29 April 2016, 19:37

relkin43 wrote:
I'm not a Hun! I don't even own a horse!

On an unrelated note. Well splitting MP lobbies based upon DLC is always bad for a games health as it fractures friend groups and the playerbase. If you put it all in one lobby then you end up with people with really strong stuff that they paid for like free favors and everybody else who doesn't who will be (justifiably) sour about that. Furthermore when the models and animations are already in game I mean...that's a good deal of work out of the way already (in regards to why splitting base with paid dlc for it is a not great idea).

I brought up point cost simply because it would need to be changed for this stuff to work - I mean 1500 or bust :b (which we now know due to the Ravens post in the Roadmap thread is related to their netcode and client performance *sigh* so we may never see that increase).


To the other person because I'm apparently too stupid to multi-qoute: the game IS called Armada so I sort of assume that xpac is included in the overall scope of the game. Furthermore they are adding Forgeworld Tau (RIPbutatleastitsnotNecrons) so we fullscope is def at play here. Also I'm mostly sour about not getting to field any Apocalypse BB's >:b


Hmmmm thats quite a good point. I've been thinking about it too over the past few days. My idea would probably suit better for Custom / Skirmish games only, As splitting the playerbase is never a wise idea, no matter the size of the game or its active players. Especially on a Niche game like BFG.

Speaking of Apoc's I'd also happily pay for Other battlefleets as DLC :3 (armageddon fleets for Eg)

relkin43
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 October 2015, 13:46
Contact:

Re: DLC Concept: Hero's, Traitors and Xenos of the Gothic Sector.

Postby relkin43 » 29 April 2016, 20:00

Uksharazad87 wrote:
relkin43 wrote:
I'm not a Hun! I don't even own a horse!

On an unrelated note. Well splitting MP lobbies based upon DLC is always bad for a games health as it fractures friend groups and the playerbase. If you put it all in one lobby then you end up with people with really strong stuff that they paid for like free favors and everybody else who doesn't who will be (justifiably) sour about that. Furthermore when the models and animations are already in game I mean...that's a good deal of work out of the way already (in regards to why splitting base with paid dlc for it is a not great idea).

I brought up point cost simply because it would need to be changed for this stuff to work - I mean 1500 or bust :b (which we now know due to the Ravens post in the Roadmap thread is related to their netcode and client performance *sigh* so we may never see that increase).


To the other person because I'm apparently too stupid to multi-qoute: the game IS called Armada so I sort of assume that xpac is included in the overall scope of the game. Furthermore they are adding Forgeworld Tau (RIPbutatleastitsnotNecrons) so we fullscope is def at play here. Also I'm mostly sour about not getting to field any Apocalypse BB's >:b


Hmmmm thats quite a good point. I've been thinking about it too over the past few days. My idea would probably suit better for Custom / Skirmish games only, As splitting the playerbase is never a wise idea, no matter the size of the game or its active players. Especially on a Niche game like BFG.

Speaking of Apoc's I'd also happily pay for Other battlefleets as DLC :3 (armageddon fleets for Eg)


Well on the TT Armada was sorta geared for battles that could happen anywhere in the Imperium - it was no longer tied down directly to the Gothic sector. I'd sorta like to see some of that stuff make its way back in alongisde faction DLC's so players of existing factions get a little something too + gain something to deal with the new factions added.


Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest