to expand the Targeting Priority System (TPS).
At the moment in game you can target four subsystems using the TPS, (Engines, Generators, Weapons and Deck) from reading a post in the "IN Concerns thread" (no.. dont run yet.. here me out!) in regards to Plasma-Macro Batteries i got thinking. Please note, i have not thought of Game-balance yet. so if you like my idea, but feels that it should be balanced in XXX ways, please post! All the *BASIC* names i've come up with would fit well with Imperial ships. But its simply just a name change to Fluffy match it for each Race "Plasma Capacitor Array" very IN, but not what an Ork would have "Moar Rokkits" / "Da Biggest Engine" etc.
Ok the nitty gritty:
When Selecting the Weapons TPS a drop down menu appears allowing you to select from the Following options.
WEAPONS - Not selecting one of the options leaves it at its default setting. Randomly destroying all weapons systems per crit.
- Prow Weapon Systems - Your critical on weapon systems will focus on crippling the Prow of the enemy ship, Torps / Zaps / Bombardment cannons / Ram-prows / Ordinance bays etc
- Port weapons systems
- Starboard weapon systems
- Dorsal weapons systems
- Ordinance Bays - Fighter and bomber wings as well as Torps
- Weapons Batteries - Macro Batteries, Missile systems, Bombardment cannons, Starcannons
- Laser Batteries - Lances, Pulsars, Zzaps
GENERATORS - Not selecting one of the options leaves it at its Default setting. Randomly critting Generator subsystems
- Primary Shield Generator - Disabling this subsystem destroys the ships shields (or equivalent)
- Emergency Capacitors - Crippling this subsystem effects the ships ability to "Warp out"
- Energy Distribution Network - Crippling this subsystem suppresses all Generator Linked Skills.
ENGINES - Not selecting one of the options leaves it at its Default setting. Randomly critting Engine subsystems
- Primary Plasma Reactor - crippling this subsystem Reduces the ships overall speed
- Plasma Capacitor Array - Crippling this subsystem increases the recharge rate of the "fuel" gauge by 50% once drained - For eldar, Triples the cool-down of solar sails
DECK - Not selecting one of the options leaves it at its Default setting. Randomly critting Deck subsystems
- Barracks - Crippling this subsystem reduces The troop Value of the effected ship by X and Mutiny chance is increased by X
- Primary Bridge - Crippling this subsystem destroys the ships primary bridge, suppressing all Deck skills and Special Orders
- Augar Arrays - Crippling this subsystem reduces the ships Detection range
Effects on game-play: This will give a little more control on witch effects you want to cause to an enemy. NO CHANGES to the critical chance's from happening though. Once all the critical's have happened on the Engine, the end result would be the same effect as a fully destroyed engine we have in-game right now. Just that it would require two critical's to destroy the engines. Three for the Deck, three for the generators. I can foresee that this will increase some survivability but also add more depth.
Comments & Critique welcome & wanted.