box select annoyance

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Ashardalon

box select annoyance

Postby Ashardalon » 10 February 2017, 22:51

why does box select prefer some random enemy ship instead of the multiple ships that where in the box
the main function of box selecting in a game where you cant have a ship in multiple groups is to select multiple ships
or for example select a ship surrounded by enemy ships that are so close that you cant click on it
why would i want to select one of the 4 enemy LC's surrounding mine instead of selecting mine so i can get it out of there
why when i try to select all off my ships and there is some random enemy ship in the middle of it does it think i drew a giant box selecting all of my ships just so i can select that one enemy ship

except for the rare occasion where the enemy successfully uses augur disruption you tend to spot and select target preferences at atleast 5k where you have plenty of room to select by clicking the ship
so why does the box select that is used when there is stuff in the way preventing me from precisely selecting one, like for example my ship while surrounded select some random enemy ship?
why would you, in a brawl where you are constantly HETing and dont have the time to precisely select it, want to select an enemy ship instead of your own?

you cant even box select all enemy ships like, for example, you would want to do when you spot a ork line and you want to prioritize all their engines
what is the use of box select in its current form?!?!
can someone explain it to me because i am obviously missing its intended use, because as it is it seems completely useless

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Re: box select annoyance

Postby Blexus Falconer » 13 February 2017, 14:39

Greetings Ashardalon,

I have escalated your report to the Dev Team for investigation. This is not the way we wanted the selection box to work.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”