So... what are you waiting for more campaings and races?

Share your ideas and suggestions for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Lord Baal

So... what are you waiting for more campaings and races?

Postby Lord Baal » 12 January 2017, 13:39

Damocles Crusade, nids, necrons.... just wondering if they are going to ever be made.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the captain is master of his ship.
-Popular naval saying

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Re: So... what are you waiting for more campaings and races?

Postby Blexus Falconer » 13 January 2017, 14:16

Greetings Lord Baal,

Regarding your question, we are working very hard on severals things but nothing was announced so I can't say anything. I recommend you to be patient and to keep monitoring the official Battlefleet Gothic Armada website. :)
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Frothers

Postby Frothers » 16 January 2017, 03:12

Well, on topic. Bit of a lurker, and I need to say first I very much enjoyed the whole 12th black crusade aspect for the campaign.

Personally what I am hoping to see, is a Necron and Tyranid DLC pack with a campaign, with a possible much later dark eldar dlc.

Campaign wise, im hoping for either a damocles gulf campaign or one of the following
-A rogue trader style campaign, perhaps with exploration as you explore a sector of space and slowly gather a fleet together for said exploration and of course to fight mighty space battles, and maybe take it over?

-A sort of 'Tindalos' sector map, similar to the current gothic sector map. Where you select a faction and go for glory/take over the entire map. How I would do it, give each species/race its own sub sector. The lines that currently appear in the gothic sector map could be 'warp' routes enabling you to send ships only to connecting planets barring maybe a special ability. Not the most thought out atm, but something in this vein could be a ton of fun with perhaps alot of replayability.

If I had to prioritize, id rather a Necron or Tyranid pack then a campaign.

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Postby Blexus Falconer » 16 January 2017, 10:13

Frothers wrote:Well, on topic. Bit of a lurker, and I need to say first I very much enjoyed the whole 12th black crusade aspect for the campaign.

Personally what I am hoping to see, is a Necron and Tyranid DLC pack with a campaign, with a possible much later dark eldar dlc.

Campaign wise, im hoping for either a damocles gulf campaign or one of the following
-A rogue trader style campaign, perhaps with exploration as you explore a sector of space and slowly gather a fleet together for said exploration and of course to fight mighty space battles, and maybe take it over?

-A sort of 'Tindalos' sector map, similar to the current gothic sector map. Where you select a faction and go for glory/take over the entire map. How I would do it, give each species/race its own sub sector. The lines that currently appear in the gothic sector map could be 'warp' routes enabling you to send ships only to connecting planets barring maybe a special ability. Not the most thought out atm, but something in this vein could be a ton of fun with perhaps alot of replayability.

If I had to prioritize, id rather a Necron or Tyranid pack then a campaign.

Wow, there are some thoughtful ideas here, thank you for sharing them Frothers!

I will transmit them to the high-command. We never get tired of new inspiration. ;)
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 17 January 2017, 18:04

Some people mentioned that the Tyranids could come with a Hive fleet Behemoth campaign where they fight the Ultramarines. Since Ultramarines are already in game, this would not need a second race to work.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 17 January 2017, 19:23

would require some creative writing
since you would have to play as the nids or else the marine dlc would be a requirement
so it would have to be written from the nids perspective
but that would be awesome an amazing story
to see the invasion from the side of the nids would just be mindbogglingly awesome

would love to see the trailer for that:
10.000 years ago, the lighting of the astronomican
and in another galaxy, an unending swarm turns and looks up... with hunger
and so they leave for the long journey
dreaming, dreaming
only to be woken, invaded, and with food rummaging within they awake the hunger

zoom out from the marines digging in bioship to outside as in the distance more and more ships appear
pan over the ship they are digging in... as an eye opens

something like this or something maybe?

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 18 January 2017, 17:06

A coop campaign would be pretty sweet!

Lord Baal

Postby Lord Baal » 31 January 2017, 18:41

Well at least is encouraging to know you aren't done yet with this game. Keep up the good work and bring forward new ideas, new campaigns, new factions, new mechanics.

I know is all day dream but if you could somehow strike a deal with the people making Dawn of War and somehow merge both games well.... that would be something beyond this world.
-Popular naval saying

Lord Baal

Postby Lord Baal » 09 February 2017, 17:45

Yes, it's refreshing and awe inspiring to see they at least make the effort on connecting with the community and reply to your posts. This is how you make a brand successful, and set it apart from the bunch of faceless, sterile game companies that impose absurd ideas and shut down feedback. It's outstanding how those even manage to stay afloat.

Frothers ideas are pretty neat and a sandbox camping as a rouge trader or sector commander would be indeed awesome.
-Popular naval saying

KuroiOtori

Postby KuroiOtori » 17 February 2017, 16:19

Imperator5 wrote:Some people mentioned that the Tyranids could come with a Hive fleet Behemoth campaign where they fight the Ultramarines. Since Ultramarines are already in game, this would not need a second race to work.

And the Ultramarines could also make an Orphean War campaign as Necrons and you retake the sector for the Maynarkh Dynasty

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”