Resolution issue in Main Menu

We'll help you troubleshoot issues with Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Ubershank

Resolution issue in Main Menu

Postby Ubershank » 14 January 2017, 09:08

Hello,
I just bought the game recently, unfortunately after the initial splash screens the game gets stuck on the main menu where the resolution is super zoomed in on a quarter of the menu screen. If I press alt+enter it fixes the zoom issue but it does not fix the problem that the screen mouse is now constrained to only half the screen. If I alt+tab between the desktop and the game it fixes the issues except the fact that the game is in windowed. If I try to go to the options to reset the game to full screen the problem starts all over again. For some reason the game doesn't like being in full screen in my setup.

I've already tried the troubleshooting tips presented here on the forums but nothing seems to be fixing the issue, even worse is when I close BFG steam still thinks it's running even if I force close the app via the task manager and subsequently I have to force close steam otherwise I can't load another other software or games.

My specs are:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
GTX980
Core i7 6700k
16gb RAM

Ubershank

Re: Resolution issue in Main Menu

Postby Ubershank » 15 January 2017, 19:21

So, yeah I just woke up this morning and found that after closing the game via task manager, Steam still thinks the game is running. I force closed Steam and re-opened it. Then proceeded to uninstall BFG from my drive, only to have Steam show me playing again even after just deleting the local files? WTH is wrong with this game?

Ubershank

Postby Ubershank » 16 January 2017, 12:45

Update: So after trying countless hours to try to figure out the issue I was at a loss. Then I realized that the issue is not widespread and only seems to happen to a very small pool of people that have been reporting this in the Steam forums. I deduced that the issue had to be something to do with my machine and not the game. I wondered if it was possibly due to my Vive being plugged in.

And to my amazement it was! After unplugging my Vive from my machine BFG now works properly. Also for some reason when I try to launch BFG it tries to unsuccessfully launch my Vive headset which is unplugged which is odd since I didn't even know this game supported VR.

Just wanted to post this here for any other Vive owners who run into this issue, and hopefully so tech support can relay this issue to the devs.

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Postby Blexus Falconer » 16 January 2017, 15:24

Greetings Ubershank,

Indeed, the VR users encounter some display issues with the game.

You can solve the issue by following those steps:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
2. Right click on 'Battlefleet Gothic: Armada' and click Properties.
3. Click on the button SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
4. Add the following option: -nohmd
5. Click on the button OK then the button CLOSE.

Let us know if it solve your problem or not. ;)
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Ubershank

Postby Ubershank » 17 January 2017, 22:21

Blexus Falconer wrote:Greetings Ubershank,

Indeed, the VR users encounter some display issues with the game.

You can solve the issue by following those steps:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
2. Right click on 'Battlefleet Gothic: Armada' and click Properties.
3. Click on the button SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
4. Add the following option: -nohmd
5. Click on the button OK then the button CLOSE.

Let us know if it solve your problem or not. ;)

This launch command does fix the SteamVR launching issues thanks!

Return to “Technical Support”