Minimizes Immediately on Launch and Freezes

We'll help you troubleshoot issues with Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
Grinsa7

Minimizes Immediately on Launch and Freezes

Postby Grinsa7 » 08 January 2017, 05:38

When I launch the game, the intro videos play, it sits at a load screen for 20 seconds or so and then minimizes. When I click on it in the tray, it comes up as a black screen and shows only the top left quarter of what looks like a main menu. After about 1 second it goes black and I hear the sound in the background in intermittent 1 second spurts. If I do a bunch of alt tabbing sometimes im able to get the quarter menu screen to reappear for a second, but it just goes black again. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps I could find on this forum and others. I've almost reached my 2 hour return limit on steam from troubleshooting attempts.

-No Antivirus other then Windows Defender, even tried disabling it and windows firewall.

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)
-Intel i5-6600K
-16384MB RAM
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Date: 12/10/2016 17:00:00
-Creative SB X-Fi Date: 12/18/2015

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Re: Minimizes Immediately on Launch and Freezes

Postby Blexus Falconer » 11 January 2017, 10:49

Greetings Grinsa7,

At first, I would say it is a display resolution issue. Your graphic card seems up-to-date and until you will be actually in game, we won't be able to say if your firewall or antivirus is the cause of the trouble.

I recommend you to try to play in windowed mode by following these steps:

1. Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
3. Enter "-windowed" (without the " ") and click OK.
4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.

I hope this will solve your problem and if not, do not hesitate to recontact us. :)
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Grinsa7

Postby Grinsa7 » 11 January 2017, 16:06

Following your steps to start it in windowed mode changed how the initial loading screen looked(much more zoomed in). However after the loading screen I sued to be able to occasionally get a glimpse of a menu screen in between black screens previously. I no longer do. I still get the same flashing between desktop and a black screen with slow, stuttering sound bursts. (Also tried removing my sound card and uninstalling sound drivers to ensure it wasn't causing a weird conflict.)

Blexus Falconer
Tindalos Team

Postby Blexus Falconer » 11 January 2017, 17:24

Hmm, doesn't get any better it seems. :|

I do not know what you already performed to solve the issue so here's an exhaustive list of steps that can help you. If you already did some of them, skip to the next step:

- First of all, double-check if your graphic card and DirectX are up-to-date.

For NVidia, you can do it through the Geforce Experience app on your computer.
For DirectX, you need the DirectX 11. Here's the url: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... g=en&id=35

- If they are up-to-date, ensure that the game is correctly installed:
1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
2. Right click on 'Battlefleet Gothic: Armada' and click 'Properties'.
3. Click the tab 'LOCAL FILES' then click the button 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE'.

- Ensure to start the game in Administrator mode:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
2. Right click on 'Battlefleet Gothic: Armada' and click 'Properties'.
3. Click the tab 'LOCAL FILES' then the button 'BROWSE LOCAL FILES'.
4. Right click on the application 'BattleFleetGothic' and click 'Properties'.
5. Click the tab 'Compatibility' and check 'Run this program as an administrator' under Privilege Level.
6. Click the button 'OK'.
7. Open the folder 'BattleFleetGothic' then the folder 'Binaries' and the folder 'Win64'.
8. Right click on the application 'BattleFleetGothic-Win64-Shipping' and click 'Properties'.
9. Click the tab 'Compatibility' and check 'Run this program as an administrator' under Privilege Level.
10. Click the button 'OK'.

- If you are still experiencing issues, please provide a Microsoft DirectX diagnostic report:

1. Press the keys Windows Start (bottom left) and 'R' from the keyboard to open the 'Run dialog box' and type: DXDIAG
2. Click the button 'OK'.
3. Click the button 'Save All Information...'.
4. Save the file 'DxDiag.txt' and close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Send in attachment the 'DxDiag.txt' file for investigation to: support@focus-home.com

VERY IMPORTANT: Please provide the same description of the problem that you posted here.
A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy.

Grinsa7

Postby Grinsa7 » 12 January 2017, 17:57

Those steps had been attempted before, but I retried and re-verified again anyways. Still no change, I've submitted the dxdiag by email to the address you suggested.

Return to “Technical Support”